Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You may not want to remap the Send button to phone because it doesn't seem to support powering on the device. I'm also worried that the green button will override whatever you've mapped it to in certain situations (e.g., it may still act like "flash" when inside a call.).
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    who said the palm OS is dead??? It was just in wrong hands before. I love customization of an OS. Go LudusAdmin and all other developers
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    The double pressing is actually a very bad idea. We will use the cycle-through function in calendar, contacts, memo and other apps which support it.

If you really want to make it better, you can consider the short press and long press, with sound prompting for long press. Qlaunch does the same thing, and works perfect (They don't upgrade it anymore, what a pity, Qlaunch only work partially in treo 650).

Also extend it to other Palm devices, at least to treo 650.

Your sharknav is really impressive, but there is no upgrade at all after initial release. An allow-list, instead of blocklist, can make it perfect.

Thanks for your great contributions to us.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 05/29/2006 at 01:11 PM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I agree with cellneuron. Instead of double press you should make it tap, short hold, and long hold. That would make three ways without needing to press a second button. That should be sufficient for one handed use.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    The double pressing is actually a very bad idea. You will use the cycle-through function in calendar, contacts, memo and other apps which support it.

If you really want to make it perfect, you can consider the short press and long press, with sound prompting. Qlaunch does the same thing, and works perfect (They don't upgrade it anymore, what a pity, Qlaunch only work partially in treo 650).

Also extent it to other Palm devices, at least treo 650.

Your sharknav is really impressive, but there is no upgrade at all. An allow-list, instread of blocklist, can make it perfect.

Thanks for your great contributions to us.
    I have stated above why double-press would be a welcome feature. I don't want to start an argument, but could you explain your reasons for "the double pressing is actually a very bad idea"? You say it as if you know from some sort of experience, but give nothing to support your case. If this is just a simple personal preference on your part please preface such a blanket statement as such. If you have some actual technological reason (i.e. compatibility issues, OS support problems) please state it. Otherwise you are simply making a statement that could lead a developer to leave out a feature that many people want. If you don't then simply don't enable it, no?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    I agree with cellneuron. Instead of double press you should make it tap, short hold, and long hold. That would make three ways without needing to press a second button. That should be sufficient for one handed use.
    And here I thought to myself "Wow. That was easy. Ask a developer for a feature and he says no problem. Sweet."

I should have known better.

Tyler? Do whichever you think makes the app work best. I would have loved a double-press scenario, but apparently just as many people would not.
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    The double pressing is actually a very bad idea. We will use the cycle-through function in calendar, contacts, memo and other apps which support it.
    Well, I have to disagree with this one. The double (and triple, quadrouple, etc) press is a great idea. I used it every day.

For those who want this, do a google search for Aardquick. It allows you to assign up to 5 apps to each button, and you can choose which buttons to apply it to. (Except that it doesn't support the power button on the 650).

I don't use it on the phone button, but I have 9 apps assigned to the calendar and messaging buttons. It's a great app: does exactly what it says it does and has caused no incompatibility or stability problems at all.

I DON'T know if it will work correctly with the 700P, or with the 700fix program being discussed in this thread, but I'd hate to have to remove it from my 650.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Well, I have to disagree with this one. The double (and triple, quadrouple, etc) press is a great idea. I used it every day.

For those who want this, do a google search for Aardquick. It allows you to assign up to 5 apps to each button, and you can choose which buttons to apply it to. (Except that it doesn't support the power button on the 650).

I don't use it on the phone button, but I have 9 apps assigned to the calendar and messaging buttons. It's a great app: does exactly what it says it does and has caused no incompatibility or stability problems at all.

I DON'T know if it will work correctly with the 700P, or with the 700fix program being discussed in this thread, but I'd hate to have to remove it from my 650.

HTH,
    Bob, if it's not too much trouble, could you email me that in .prc form? I'd think you could right from the Treo. If not, I'll google it tonight.

drdoom@sprintpcs.com
    It'll be fun.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb

HTH,
    ...with it assigned to the calender button does it hamper your ability to repeatedly hit that button to scroll through the calender views? I would imagine that wouldn't work at that point?
    It'll be fun.
    DrDoom already spoke out the reason for me about the double tapping. Qlaunch doesn't support double tapping, so I didn't try it in Palm OS. But in Pocket PC, I tried every apps which support the multiple pressing, all of which destroy the cycle-through function of calendar, memo and contacts.

If you never use the cycle-through by pressing mutlple times to change the views in calendar, contacts or memo, you may not understand what I am talking about.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Hey I agree with Doom and Bob IF the doubletap doesn't cause an issue with being able to use multiple taps to cycle through views in a program. The more ways to launch the better. I just hate it when an app adds something and breaks something else. I guess testing is in order. Maybe we can have both Multitaps and short and long holds. Let's see!!!
    i've added support for the following things:
    Normal (normal button press and release)
    Long Hold (1 second hold)
    Short Hold (half second hold)
    DblTap (tap the button twice really quickly)
    +Shift (with shift key)
    +Option (with option key)
    This is great...will this be dontaionware...If so how my I paypal you.

If not...where do I buy?

thanks for your work!
    3, 4, 5 taps also?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    How about K.I.S.S!!! (Keep It Simple Stupid) The original point was to remap the home button and Ludus accomplished this, but now everyone wants their own additions. Why doesn't Ludus start a new thread with a poll for new features to add? Democracy rules. And many thanks to Ludus while I wait for my SPCS 700p!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    How about K.I.S.S!!! (Keep It Simple Stupid) The original point was to remap the home button and Ludus accomplished this, but now everyone wants their own additions. Why doesn't Ludus start a new thread with a poll for new features to add? Democracy rules. And many thanks to Ludus while I wait for my SPCS 700p!
    Sounds customizable....use as many or as few features as you want
    Is he callin me stupid?

I know he ain't callin me stupid!

Uh Uh... It's on now!

Don't nobody call me stupid and get away with it!!!!
    BTW, Mr. Akula Smarty Pants. The original poster is the one that made it more complex by asking for more features. So there! Nah Nah Na Nah Nah!!!
    I knew Tyler would come through, and also make the app the way customers wanted. What a talented guy.
    Jimmie Geddes
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    I've always wanted double tap functionality. I asked for double tap functionality. Tyler's giving me double tap functionality. Don't want double tap functionality? Don't enable it! I win!
    !Viva La Liberte!
    It'll be fun.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast