Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77
  1. #21  
    Tyler is one of the best, fastest, and also youngest Palm developer. He usually has an app out within minutes, no pressure Tyler He saved a lot of palm devices from Palm's changes.
    Jimmie Geddes
  2. #22  
    it's being coded right now, with the help of Mark who has done a brilliant job. it will be arm native, but instead of releasing SharkBtn2 it will be called Shark700fix as planned. if anyone wants to help me with ideas, please IM me: LudusAIM on AIM

    or tyler.faux<At>gmail.com on gtalk

    regards, tyler
  3. #23  
    What I'm hoping to see is a hack that lets you remap the green key to the phone app and then remap the phone app to whatever you wish.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    it's being coded right now, with the help of Mark who has done a brilliant job. it will be arm native, but instead of releasing SharkBtn2 it will be called Shark700fix as planned. if anyone wants to help me with ideas, please IM me: LudusAIM on AIM

    or tyler.faux<At>gmail.com on gtalk

    regards, tyler
    Will the Shark700fix be free? I will get it whether its free or I have to purchase it, but was curious.

    Thanks for the fast work on fixing the home button
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    What I'm hoping to see is a hack that lets you remap the green key to the phone app and then remap the phone app to whatever you wish.
    ...I'm assuming you meant so the "phone" button launches the actual phone and then you can use the "green" button for whatever you wish? Because if that's correct, I think Tyler may be saying that's what this app will do? Didn't he mention remapping "any" button earlier in this thread?

    Tyler? Help me out here.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    some info: SharkBtn2 from ludustech pre-beta specs

    -allows you to remap any button/button combination (hardkeys, treo keyboard, option+keys (even option + home or option + menu)) to do anything else (simulate another key press event, launch an app, write a new SMS, dial your friend, open a URL, pull up the CmdBar, which is by default impossible on the Treo)

    -uses ARM native code and adds no time difference to system speed. none at all. seriously. you won't even notice it, but it's there in the background. and it helps. a lot.

    -i learned a lot from SharkBtn 1. the code for handling keypresses has gone from 140 lines in the first iteration to about 35 in this one. MUCH more efficient, much stabler, and it just works.

    -i'm working on adding in a feature that lets you import/export button configs to share online.

    so, anyone who contacts me will get a free version of SharkBtn2, a credit in the about screen, and a chance to help millions of treo users world-wide...

    best regards, tyler
    Now the question is does the description of "hardkeys, treo keyboard, and option keys" include the new bane of my existence, the Green button, which hence forth shall be known as The Button?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  7. #27  
    Did you get assistance for a VZW treo or a Sprint? I am just wondering if there would be differences between the two. I have the VZW if you need help with that.
    Let me know.
    justageek<at>gmail.com (same on gtalk)
    By the way thanks for helping fix this problem!!!!!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    the app is called SharkBtn2 and lets you remap any button to any other button or function. it's ready to go, i just need to talk on AIM for like 20 minutes with ANYONE who has a 700p and doesn't mind running a test app for me.

    best regards, tyler
    If you still need someone I have a Verizon 700p with a home button itching to be remapped!
  9. #29  
    jdm and or sodiumlake i'm really happy to chat with you guys if you have AIM i'm online right now shoot me a msg (LudusAIM)

    regards, tyler

    ps: beta soon
  10. #30  
    Question: what would you call the phone button that's not green? the blue phone button? i don't know how i should refer to it in the app.

    tyler
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    Question: what would you call the phone button that's not green? the blue phone button? i don't know how i should refer to it in the app.

    tyler
    You could call it "Phone Button" and name the green button the "Green Button".

    EDIT: In the 700p brochure, it calls the green button "Send" and the phone icon button "Phone".
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    You could call it "Phone Button" and name the green button the "Green Button".

    EDIT: In the 700p brochure, it calls the green button "Send" and the phone icon button "Phone".
    Hence forth the "green" button of stupidity should be referred to as simply "The Button". I cannot believe we have to deal with this just because Palm thought the Treo needed "dumbing down" because people couldn't relate to it w/o green/red, send/end buttons. It's a freakin' smartphone! If you need GD colors to operate a phone, so much so that you cost us additional buttons we could have used, then you need to buy a freakin' Nokia and GO AWAY!!!!

    Sorry. I'll stop now, but the freakin' thing should just be referred to as "The Button" with as much disdain as you can muster in a psot.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  13. #33  
    Shark700fix's features (tell me what you think):

    1) Make Home really Home will launch your launcher instead of Palm's
    2) ONE Phone Button will make the green phone button the only one, it will do the functions of both the Send and the Phone keys
    3) REMAP will let you remap the 4 hard keys to your pleasure. they can launch apps, pref panels, or DAs. you can remap the button itself, pressing and holding, button + option, button + shift, or button + alt. THIS EQUALS a grand total of 20 combos (4 hard keys * 5 possibilities for each = 20)

    regards, tyler
  14. #34  
    That sounds great to me Tyler. Can you send me the beta when you release it? I should have my 700p tomorrow or wednesday and would like this to be the first app installed. You've got my email
    Jimmie Geddes
  15. #35  
    Sounds great Tyler. I can't wait for my 700p to get here on Wed.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    Shark700fix's features (tell me what you think):

    1) Make Home really Home will launch your launcher instead of Palm's
    2) ONE Phone Button will make the green phone button the only one, it will do the functions of both the Send and the Phone keys
    3) REMAP will let you remap the 4 hard keys to your pleasure. they can launch apps, pref panels, or DAs. you can remap the button itself, pressing and holding, button + option, button + shift, or button + alt. THIS EQUALS a grand total of 20 combos (4 hard keys * 5 possibilities for each = 20)

    regards, tyler
    However, if I'm reading this right, you cannot remap The Button with this app? Ah well. Still useful as hell, and will probably make me happy anyway. One suggestion, if it's even possible, that I'd love to see would be making the hard buttons mappable based on the number of times you push. In other words, pressing the envelope hard key would launch messaging, pressing it twice in rapid succession would launch Versamail.
    This is something I would have loved even on my 650.
    Still, as with everyone else here, thank you Tyler for your efforts.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  17. #37  
    hey DrDoom,

    you will be able to remap The Button with this app, sorry if i didn't make myself clear. You will choose WHICH phone btn to make THE phone button so if you choose the Phone button you will be able to remap the Send button (aka THE BUTTON). by the same note, if you choose the Send button you will be able to remap the Phone button.

    since it makes more logical sense, by default it will be set to the Send button as THE PHONE button.

    in addition, i can add a double tap if you want. that will make it 24 possible apps.

    cheers, tyler
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    hey DrDoom,

    you will be able to remap The Button with this app, sorry if i didn't make myself clear. You will choose WHICH phone btn to make THE phone button so if you choose the Phone button you will be able to remap the Send button (aka THE BUTTON). by the same note, if you choose the Send button you will be able to remap the Phone button.

    since it makes more logical sense, by default it will be set to the Send button as THE PHONE button.

    in addition, i can add a double tap if you want. that will make it 24 possible apps.

    cheers, tyler
    Do it T!!! DO IT!!!!!
    While I'm waiting for my 700 is there anyway to do this "double-tap" with a 650?
    I realize there's probably not as much in that for you, but thought I'd ask.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    hey DrDoom,

    you will be able to remap The Button with this app, sorry if i didn't make myself clear. You will choose WHICH phone btn to make THE phone button so if you choose the Phone button you will be able to remap the Send button (aka THE BUTTON). by the same note, if you choose the Send button you will be able to remap the Phone button.

    since it makes more logical sense, by default it will be set to the Send button as THE PHONE button.

    in addition, i can add a double tap if you want. that will make it 24 possible apps.

    cheers, tyler
    Awesome stuff. Can't wait.
  20. #40  
    The double tap is a great idea. I use both sprint business connection and chattermail to get different email accounts pushed to my phone. It would great to use the Mail button to get to either of those apps!!!
    Palm Vx & Nokia 5170 > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions