1.    #1  
    I've been reading this 700p forum for a few months now. And I've also been reading all the various strategies on how to get the 700p the quickest way possible.

Today, I got lucky. My local Sprint store opened and 1:00pm. I got there at 1:15pm and asked the store manager if they had received the 700p on Friday. He said no. So I asked him to call me when they came in. About an hour later he actually called me and said they in fact they had received 9 units on Friday, and that he was holding one for me. I immediately returned to the store and purchased the phone.

Here's the price breakdown I got:

Sprint Retail: $649.00
    2-year contract renewal: -$150.00
    Net price: $499.00

In the box, there is a coupon for $100 off if you subscribe to Audible for 1 year. I'm already a member, but I'll be able to use this coupon since it's been over a year since I joined. Anyway, net cost to me for the 700p will be $399.00.
    Where is your local Sprint store?
  3.    #3  
    Nashville.
    bah, just not my luck..... Ill give my sprint store 48 hours to cough up the goods... then its on
    That's curious; I was in the Nashville Sprint store (in Brentwood) today (I had to have my Treo 650 keyboard replaced), and actually asked about the 700p, and was told that they wouldn't be selling them in-store until early June (the 4th, I think she said). Which store were you in today (Sunday)?
  6.    #6  
    I was in the Brentwood store also. I met the store manager last wee and I guess because I asked him about it then, and I tried to educated him on some of the features and benefits of the 700p versus the 650. When I returned to the store after the he called me, he informed me that they were not supposed to sell them until next Sunday, which would be June 4th. I'm not sure why he actually sold one to me. Anyway, after standing around for 30 minutes with their arcane video waiting list customer service system, he hooked me up with one.
  7.    #7  
    You should go my there and ask for Rick. He told me they received 9 of them.
    Thanks, I definitely will; I was there when the doors opened at 1PM, and then returned for my 650 at 2PM; I must have been there just before and just after you were! I would've freaked had I seen anyone getting a 700... I'd just asked one of the women there about the 700p. It was interesting to note that almost every employee at that location seems to have a 650 (unless they're the new 700p models).
  9.    #9  
    I'll only deal with Rick, the store manager. Even if it means waiting for a while. I got there at 1:15, left at around 1:40, and came back at around 3:00pm and then stayed for an hour. After he brought out the box and got it activated, several of the employees started coming over to look at it. I basically conducted a little seminar for them about the attributes of the 700p vs. the 650. I'm still not sure why he decided to sell me one, but I wasn't about the question his motive!! I told him to call me if he had any questions about the phone.

It still amazes me that none of the Sprint employees have any idea about the phone. I asked him if they had received any training on the new phone and he said they had only gotten a spec sheet. I suggested they spend some time on the TC discussion area to learn about the 700p.
    I was at a sprint store in Carlsbad, CA and they indicated that they wouldn't have the 700p for at least a week.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Palmy Llama
    In the box, there is a coupon for $100 off if you subscribe to Audible for 1 year. I'm already a member, but I'll be able to use this coupon since it's been over a year since I joined. Anyway, net cost to me for the 700p will be $399.00.

can someone tell me more about this $100 Audible.com discount?

--I looked on audible.com and there shows a 1-yr registration for $9.99

can i use that for signup and recieve the $100 coupon? ..
    bump

Anyone know anything about this audible.com discount offer?