Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    lots of people now have the 700 p and I haven't seen anyone raving about it. There seems to be a lack of positive comments. I have seen lots of people complaining about resets and other minor problems. Just curios as I am a happy 700w owner since our update.
    I've only seen maybe 5 or 6 people post saying they have their 700P. Not too sure very many have it yet. Wait until Wednesday night and you'll probably see many more posts.
    what he said ^
    My local Sprint store opened today at 1:00pm. I was there at 1:15pm and bought the 700p.

I've been monitoring this forum for the last several months, but this is my first reply or post. I also just joined as a member of Treo Central, and apparently I have to wait until I'm "approved" by someone at TC to start a thread regarding my experience with the 700p.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions anyone has.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    haven't seen a real review from an average user. I don't believe anything from mags or newspapers all the guys have alterior motives. I hope the 700p and is sucessful. Competition will lead to better products in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmy Llama
    My local Sprint store opened today at 1:00pm. I was there at 1:15pm and bought the 700p.

I've been monitoring this forum for the last several months, but this is my first reply or post. I also just joined as a member of Treo Central, and apparently I have to wait until I'm "approved" by someone at TC to start a thread regarding my experience with the 700p.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions anyone has.

wooohooo

what are the programs that you plan on installing?
    I'll probably begin by installing the apps and games that I'm used to on my old 600: Audible, Bike or Die, City ID Log, Express (well, actually, no. My 700p came with Express already loaded. However, on the apps menu on the 700p it's call "On Demand), and that's about it. I was always reluctant to buy new apps for my 600 because I knew I would be upgrading past the 650 to the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmy Llama
    I'll probably begin by installing the apps and games that I'm used to on my old 600: Audible, Bike or Die, City ID Log, Express (well, actually, no. My 700p came with Express already loaded. However, on the apps menu on the 700p it's call "On Demand), and that's about it. I was always reluctant to buy new apps for my 600 because I knew I would be upgrading past the 650 to the 700p.

Are you big on email?

I suggest you try out www.chatteremail.com
    I've been using just the Sprint Biz Connection to have my work's Lotus Notes forwarded to my 600, but I'm interested in learning about some better email options. I'll check chatter mail out.
    I'd like an email app that will forward both my personal and business email to my 700. Any suggestions?
    if your email clients have IMAP capabilities, chatteremail is hands down the best.

Look in the developer's section of this forum, you will see a seperate ChatterEmail thread.

Lots of info there.

Congrats again on your new toy!
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heckj
    lots of people now have the 700 p and I haven't seen anyone raving about it. There seems to be a lack of positive comments. I have seen lots of people complaining about resets and other minor problems. Just curios as I am a happy 700w owner since our update.
    I upgraded from a Sprint 600 to a Verizon 700p. I have installed only Snappermail, Datebk5, Splashphoto, and Vegas Video Poker so far, and all work fine. I'd like to install ZLauncher, but I think I'll wait until they fix the Home button problem, which I guess is my only complaint so far. Verichat is next on my list of installs. I've had no resets.

You may not hear many people raving about the 700p: even from the 600 it's an incremental upgrade...faster wireless, better screen, more memory, etc. I RAVED about my 600, as it was revolutionary at the time (11/03). I passed on the 650 while I waited for EVDO, and now that it's here, I'm very happy and satisfied so far. Of course, I'd like a multitasking PalmOS, even faster EVDO (can you hear me now, Verizon), and a better browser, but these aren't real complaints.
    The 700p looks like a great device. I have the 650 and love it but have no need or desire to get a 700. (And I usually want the latest and greatest) The main reason is because I don't have EVDO in my area. If I did, I might be tempted but I,m still not sure I would fork over $400 for faster Internet and I don't really use streaming applications. As far as I can see, that's really the primary benefit of the 700.
    I am waiting, patiently, for a GSM unlocked 700p. I am still on my 600, which is absolutely fine, but I would very much like the better screen, increased memory, and other enhancements.