Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I did a quick search of this thread but I didn't see the answer. Can the Treo 700p take advantage, either reading or writing, of high speed memory cards? I have a new 2GB regular speed blue SanDisk card, but I wondering if I should take it back and get a high-speed card.

TIA.
    I would suggest a higher speed. Even if the phone does show a noticeable speed increase between a regular and high speed, you will notice it using a card reader.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I would suggest a higher speed. Even if the phone does show a noticeable speed increase between a regular and high speed, you will notice it using a card reader.
    Sure, but that doesn't answer the question of whether the 700p can utilize the speed, or whether the 700p can even handle 2 or 4 GB high-speed cards with any reliability.
    I found a definite improvement in the high-speed cards even on the 650.
    You did not ask if it could handle 2gb or 4gb before. Palm's site states it handles 2gb, but have not tested it on anything higher. However, many on this forum have stated certain 4gb work. The A-Data for example. Do a search for A-Data and you should find the threads. As for utilizing the speed, that is yet to be seen. However, my 650 sped up when I updated my SD card to a higher speed one.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Yeah, I already knew that the 700p could handle up to 4GB cards, but in some devices stability and reliability can be a problem when the cards are high-speed, or sometimes they just don't work at all. I have a 2GB UltraII high speed that worked perfectly in my Sanyo C6 camcorder for about 10 minutes until it decided to eat all my movies of my son being born. I think I asked my original questions poorly:

1) Does anyone know the read/write speed of the 700p SD slot? I'd rather stick with regular speed cards if the 700p is not able to read/write at the higher speeds.

2) Anyone have any problems so far with high-speed 2GB or 4GB cards?

TIA
    Even on my 650, the difference between regular Sandisk and a PQI 150 is dramatic....
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    I've had a SanDisk UltraII 2GB in my 650 for months with no problems. As I said earlier, there was a noticeable improvement in speed with the faster card. There's no reason to think that the 700p would be any different.