Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Could you put a 700W ROM onto a 700P device? Would it function? I am curious, not sure if anyone would want to do it. I know the screen resolution is different, is that the only hardware difference between the devices? Would the 700P have a black border around the screen when using a 700W ROM? I did a search but didn't see this question before.

Thanks,
    Marc
    Why would you want to? Do you want a 700w on Sprint? Is that why you want this? Otherwise, I don't quite understand.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    If you prefer the Windows OS over POS, I could see the benefit of this since the hardware is upgraded over the 700W. I have no idea if its possible or not though.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Why would you want to? Do you want a 700w on Sprint? Is that why you want this? Otherwise, I don't quite understand.
    Mainly for curiosity sake. But if it could work, and someone could fix the drivers then the main complaint on the W would be gone. I don't really want to buy a 700W but wouldn't mind trying the os out for a couple of weeks.
    The main complaint is the amount of memory. The memory is the same on the 700p. So I'm not sure what the point would be. All you'd end up with is a probably unstable phone without a warrenty and would be confusing as the buttons are different on the two phones.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

I thought the 700W has the same amount as the 650 does. Is that not the case?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I thought the 700W has the same amount as the 650 does. Is that not the case?
    The 700w has 128MB of memory (60MB user accessable). This is the same as the 700p. The hardware is mostly the same between the two devices.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

I suspect the screen resolution might be a problem. From what I understand, WM doesn't support 320x320...
    I think the MOST plausible way is to get a VZW 700W and replace it with an ACTIVATED 700P (Sprint) Radio.

-Since the Radio ESN is already activated, and the 700W and 700P hardware are identical, I am pretty sure this will work.

(was contemplating on experimenting myself)
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    The 700w has 128MB of memory (60MB user accessable). This is the same as the 700p. The hardware is mostly the same between the two devices.
    -
    That is not the memory that matters. Its the 32 MB SDRAM (also common to both devices) which is a huge amount for POS and extremely cramped for Windows Mobile.

Surur
    I suspect that the flashing could be done, except for the screen issues.
    If you want a Treo 700p with Windows Mobile get the 700w.
    Jimmie Geddes