Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Rashi63 over at mytreo.net made this post in response to my question as to if you could talk while surfing.

I just did it - didn't lose the call and could pretend like I was paying attention when I was really surfing the web.

I think that many of the reps don't really know what this thing is capable of - it is so new and they don't even have them yet in their hands. yes
    Has anyone else been able to do this?
    I think not.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I somehow doubt that too. The EVDO pauses the connection and reconnects when you get off the phone.

I would be happy to be proven wrong though.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I think that Rev. A will allow this, but current Ev-DO doesn't allow this. He must have been mistaken.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    EVDO is not capable of this yet. Though I could see that it is possible to pull up the browser and view cached pages.

BTW, there will be phones coming that can do voice/data simultaneously. There are dual iDen/CDMA phones coming with Rev A. You could talk on Nextel's iDen network while doing data over CDMA/EVDO. Rumored to be coming in Oct.

http://www.evdoforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2504

EVDO Rev A itself does not allow voice/data at same time. But doing VoIP over Rev A would of course allow it.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I've been wondering what this table from the FCC filing means...
    https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

It says "1xEVDO Enable" for 700p in Cellular Mode, while it's "1xEVDO Disable for 700w.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    I've been wondering what this table from the FCC filing means...
    https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

It says "1xEVDO Enable" for 700p in Cellular Mode, while it's "1xEVDO Disable for 700w.
    Hmmm... Interesting...
    Is that saying that the device can't use bluetooth and cell phone at the same time? Or is it saying you can't send data (i.e. hotsync) while using the cell phone? If it's the former, that's incorrect.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    Rashi63 over at mytreo.net made this post in response to my question as to if you could talk while surfing.

Has anyone else been able to do this?
    doesnt work, i get the message " you will need to disconnect the voice call before attempting to send or receive data " from blazer if i attempt a data connection during a phone call, not possible.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I did it too. While talking on my treo, I surfed the web . . . with my computer
    As great as the 700P is, HERE IMHO is where the missing built-in WiFi kills. Having built-in WiFi means you can use all 3 radios at once. For example, on my WM5 device (Cing 8125) I can surf the net/do data over WiFi, while talking on the phone using my Bluetooth headset.

No problems at all and it doesn't really slow the device down. Is there going to be a WiFi card for the 700p?
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
    As great as the 700P is, HERE IMHO is where the missing built-in WiFi kills. Having built-in WiFi means you can use all 3 radios at once. For example, on my WM5 device (Cing 8125) I can surf the net/do data over WiFi, while talking on the phone using my Bluetooth headset.

No problems at all and it doesn't really slow the device down. Is there going to be a WiFi card for the 700p?
    Somebody's new. There will not be a WiFi card for the 700p.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Not to mention Garnet cant handle that.

Surur