1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to do this on the new Sprint 700? This would enable us to use the phone as modem without paying the extra fees for what we already have? I found this elsewhere on the internet and hope there is a similar way to access the hidden field test menu:

Modem NAI Disable Procedure
    To disable the secondary Modem NAI, go to Menu > Settings > Display, and press 0 to access a hidden menu. Enter 040793 as the security code. At the following menu, scroll to Toggle NAI and chose Off Modem NAI, followed by OK. Then power the phone off immediately. When you turn the phone back on, Modem NAI will be disabled.

Enable Incoming Calls During EV-DO
    To receive incoming calls while in an active EV-DO (Power Vision) data session, go to Menu > Settings > Display, and press 0 to access a hidden menu. Enter 040793 as the security code. At the following menu, scroll to Toggle DOTM and select Off DOTM in the following menu. This will then allow for incoming calls while in an EV-DO data session, however, in a 1xRTT (Vision) data session calls will still be redirected to voicemail.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    The EVDO while on the phone is interesting, but I thought it was not possible. Can anyone confirm that this has worked on any type of phone?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Incoming calls should be able to come through out of the box. They will just pause the data connection.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  4.    #4  
    Anyone know how to access the secret/fieldtest menu to disable NAI???
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    Probably not yet. Most people haven't received their Treos yet.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

And NAI is...?
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl
    And NAI is...?
    It tells Sprint that you are using your phone as a modem and not just using Ev-DO on your device by itself.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

8.    #8  
    Please advise once someone can get to the secret field test menu so we can disable the NAI and use our phone as bluetooth modem without the charges or PDA net

Anyone?
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    I contacted June Fabrics, the maker of PDANet, and they said they would have it ready for the 700p within the next two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    Anyone know how to access the secret/fieldtest menu to disable NAI???
    have you tried ##DEBUG# ???
    Can someone point out where "Menu...Settings...Display" is on the Treo 700p (what screen?)

Thx.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    That tethered mode hack screwed up my vzw 700p I had to hard reset out of a loop and erase everything...
    Yah same here... some in that thread insist it works on the VZW, but it puts mine into a loop that I can't even warm boot out of, so the hack is crap as far as I'm concerned. They say to put it on an SD card and use a utility to copy to RAM -- isn't that the same as hotsyncing the file? I did the latter, and it crashes.
    I beleive the origional post described the steps to disable NAI on a Samsung A900. No one knows the ##Code for the Tro 700p as of yet.

PDA Net has figured it out. I upgraded from the 650 version for $19.99 this morning. You can try it out for 2 weeks for free.

www.junefabrics.com
    Bo
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    They say to put it on an SD card and use a utility to copy to RAM -- isn't that the same as hotsyncing the file? I did the latter, and it crashes.
    Obviously it's not the same, otherwise they would have said, simply, "hotsync the file."

FWIW, I followed the instructions, and the hack got installed with no crashes, no reboots. Works fine, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    so the hack is crap as far as I'm concerned.
    LOL
    I just had the reset loop of death too. Has anyone figured out for sure if it's from the tethered mode hack?

Quote Originally Posted by noodle
    That tethered mode hack screwed up my vzw 700p I had to hard reset out of a loop and erase everything...
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Can you use PDA hack with BlueTooth also, or is it just over usb?

Quote Originally Posted by boboone
    I beleive the origional post described the steps to disable NAI on a Samsung A900. No one knows the ##Code for the Tro 700p as of yet.

PDA Net has figured it out. I upgraded from the 650 version for $19.99 this morning. You can try it out for 2 weeks for free.

www.junefabrics.com
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....