1.    #1  
    Does the 700p pause the data connection if you get a call like the sprint guide says? Or will the call go straight to voice mail?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    Does the 700p pause the data connection if you get a call like the sprint guide says? Or will the call go straight to voice mail?

Thanks
    As long as you are on an EVDO connection, it will pause. If you are outside of the EVDO network, it will go to voicemail is data if actively transmitting when the call comes in.
    Last edited by stroths; 05/29/2006 at 12:17 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Yup, like he said. It's a very nice feature IMO.
  4.    #4  
    that is how it should work, but I read somewhere that someone said it was going to VM. Can anyone with a 700 verify for sure
    ^ that's true also. i think on the 6700 and on the other evdo phones...you can force that option through a code or one of them programming options.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Although EV-DO is definitely capable of allowing calls to come in during active data transmission (just as EDGE/GPRS is), Palm may not have enabled it (just like they didn't with the GSM Treos 6x0's). On my Samsung A920 (a Sprint EV-DO feature phone), I had to go into some secret menu to enable phone calls to come through during an EV-DO data call. By default, the incoming call would always go to voicemail.

http://kb.pcsintel.com/index.php?tit...amsung_MM-A920

'Course, if it says so in the manual, then the Treo is likely to have this feature set-up as they claim.
    check out this post on the subject - apparently someone has done both:

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,34648.15.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    check out this post on the subject - apparently someone has done both:

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,34648.15.html
    Can someone with a 700p test this out? Call yourself from your landline, then go to Blazer and surf pages while connected to your call.
    ^Not the right kind of test. Already known you can't do data/voice at same time. An appropriate test would be to do music/video streaming and then call 700p from landline. See if it goes to voice mail or if it rings.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    That is nice to know xenophonite. That means my background chatter email session should continue to work in the background when I am on a call.
  11.    #11  
    at this point I would be happy if chatter paused and I got my phone call. This is the #1 reason I think the 700 is worth the upgrade. missing as many calls on the 650 as I do is a problem.