1.    #1  
    Just upgraded to the 700P. Now when I click on any music link in my Web browser, it goes to a new player (kinoma). How do I make pocket tunes my default (or only) player?

Have you run into this problem?
  2.    #2  
    Anyone having this problem?

My phone is still not playing files in p-tunes when I click them here:
    http://mobile.treobits.com/index.php...ast&genre=Jazz
    I used Webpro to save as pls file, and then open in ptunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    I used Webpro to save as pls file, and then open in ptunes.
    Well, that was not the way it worked on the 650. Before you would click on a showcast link and it will lunch PTunes, now it launches Kinoma for anything that requires streaming. The worst part is that it doesn't play on the background. Any fixes for this??

Al
    You have a bundled version of Pocket Tunes on your Treo 700p. Shout cast will only play through Pocket Tunes DELUXE.

If you already have a deluxe license, then go to www.pocket-tunes.com, download the update which has a trial to try deluxe. Once you are done, enter your deluxe license.
    "Productivity in the palm of your hand".
    That is correct gwj2000. Though make sure you reset your Treo after you add the Deluxe version to your Treo or it is not gonna work. That is what happened to me.

Al
    Installed latest Ptunes version - entered my Deluxe registration -reset the phone -still Kinoma - any other thoughts?
    Charliec
    I am running pTunes deluxe 3.16 and file type .pls is associated with pTunes and will play through pTunes if listening via Shoutcast. I checked the association using RescoExplorer and it also shows .pls extension associated with pTunes. Are you sure your registration is for the deluxe version?
    Try uninstalling pTunes via the launcher, then using filez or rescoexplorer, delete any remaining files with name pockettunes or ptunes, soft reset, reinstall latest version of ptunes deluxe (3.16), enter deluxe code and soft reset again.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    Installed latest Ptunes version - entered my Deluxe registration -reset the phone -still Kinoma - any other thoughts?
    Do you always get Kinoma charlie? I get Kinoma only on WMP streams and am wondering if others are getting the WMP streams to come up in PTunes?
    I just got mine and I'm running into the same problem... I figured someone else had the problem and I searched and found this thread.

I had ptunes on my 650 so I didnt have to install it, it automatically put it on the 700 when I synced over the first time.

Any fixes?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
  12.    #12  
    Turns out I had this problem because P-Tunes didn't realize I had the paid version. I did an upgrade from the phone (not through sync) and it solved the problem.
    Ah that worked. Well it opens in Kinoma but there's a button at the bottom that asks to open in ptunes. Excellent! Thnx!
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given View Post
    Ah that worked. Well it opens in Kinoma but there's a button at the bottom that asks to open in ptunes. Excellent! Thnx!
    Can you elaborate on this? So someone else could do the same...
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    In ptunes, look at the drop-down menu and go all the way to the right and you'll see where it says get updates or something like that. Do that and follow the steps.

Simple enough...

Now open up a shoutcast link and it will initially open in Kinoma but there will be a button at the bottom that says "Open in Pocket Tunes" so click that.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Un4given,

Thanks a lot!!! That helped....
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Do you always get Kinoma charlie? I get Kinoma only on WMP streams and am wondering if others are getting the WMP streams to come up in PTunes?
    ok..i have the same problem...only when it is a wmp stream. a lot of the stations i want to listen to, only have wmp. anyone found a fix or work around???
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given View Post
    In ptunes, look at the drop-down menu and go all the way to the right and you'll see where it says get updates or something like that. Do that and follow the steps.

Simple enough...

Now open up a shoutcast link and it will initially open in Kinoma but there will be a button at the bottom that says "Open in Pocket Tunes" so click that.
    thanks for this. it works for me now too
    WMP always Kinoma on mine....let's go PTUNES.
    Charliec