Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Are they the exact same thing?

....and also, anyone know which channels are LIVE?
    It is the same exact service. Sprint just rebadges it and sells it. Go to the MobiTV website to check the channel selection.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    It's not -quite- the same thing. Sprint TV has extra pre-recorded clips that you can view, as well as the streaming channels. Regular ol' MobiTV just has the streaming channels.
    No ESPN on Sprint...
    Everything included in the Sprint Power Vision Access Pack Plus and Sprint TVSM Ultimate featuring a variety of channels including Fox News Channel, The Weather Channel, NBC, Discovery Channel, ESPN, Animal Planet, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    No ESPN on Sprint...
    Sprint advertises that Animal Planet and Looney Tunes channels are included with PV Ultimate, but when I try to access them, it offers to sell a subscription to the channels. Called Sprint, but had to hang up waiting forever for a Treo support person. Be careful, most of the channels listed in the phone require an additional subscription!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    They are *not* the same. They do seem to share many channels, but they each also appear to have unique content as well. Maybe they used to be the same some time ago.
  8.    #8  
    now that ORB works, why pay $9.99/mo??
    SprintTV, Mobi and the rest are nice novelties, but not worth it.

I find streamed video to be unwatchable on the Treo 700p - too much pixelation and jumpiness. Not worth the effort.

Maybe with higher evdo speeds in the future and higher processing power, it might get there.

But for now, it's just a cool novelty to show off. I can't see paying for it.
    I am still not able to make or subscribe channels in preview section like CnntoGo. It shows up as channel number 02 but when type channel number it says its not available. Why the hell it is not available for Treo700P? Is it just MobiTV wont let us or its just sprint cant? Dragon, any idea?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Ehsan,
    No clue. I'm VERY dissapointed in the Sprint TV on the 700. So much so that I've pretty much decided to stick with my 650.....The pixelation makes it no better than MobiTV on my 650.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I'm wondering what you guys are looking at.

I'm not seeing any problems on any of the SprintTV channels that I have. And I have a lot! Which channels are not working well for you guys? And how is data reception in general for you?

As to SprintTV channels being "not available", that's what I see too, but only if I type a channel number like 02 that is not even listed as a real channel! For the channels that are really there, they seem to work fine. If its one of the channels I didn't buy yet, it asks me if I want to buy it or preview it first.

Maybe you guys could post what specifically you are looking at?
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    No ESPN on Sprint...
    or MSNBC
    And yes the TV generally seems to look horrible on the 700's so far from what I've seen. Seems like they haven't optimized the video properly for mobile phones, even though they're whole service is for them.
    So I signed up for Power Vision Ultimate for $25, figuring I'd give the SprintTV channels a try for a month and see if I used it; if not, I'd switch to just the "access" plan. When I didn't see anything but the "ads" under "my channels", I called Support back and asked why not. The answer I got after the group huddle on the other end of the phone was, "Having Power Vision Ultimate just gives you the *right* to buy the Ultimate channels, you don't get them in the price". I start laughing and say that can't be right, that's not how its listed on the website, and they insist that's the way it is, one guy even comes on and says that's how he does it, $25 for Power Vision Ultimate and then $7.95/month extra for the "ultimate" TV channel #50.

Sounds stupid but they won't budge, so I actually try it; I subscribe to channel 50 for $7.95 and lo and behold it atually works.

I sleep on it and wake up pissed. So I call support back and ask for Treo 700p technical support. It takes ***49 minutes*** but I finally get a true tech support person on the line. I start with asking about the bluetooth DUN, he says yeah, you have to have the PAM plan (so I make a mental note to load the hack later, which I do and works brilliantly!), and then I ask him, "what's the difference between the three Power Vision plans? Is it the channels that are included?" Absolutly, he says. I explain what the front line support people told me and he can't believe it. He says, "we know we've been having problems with a lot of folks accounts showing the channels they are supposed to get with the package they pick, but the solution isn't to resell the channel again!!". He takes down a bunch of info and says he'll put a network ticket in. I tell him that most of the channels are getting a timeout as well, which he also notes. He tells me someone will get back to me, I thank him and hang up.

I was really surprised when an hour later I got a call from someone in network support saying the have recoded my account and it should be correct now. I go into "manage my content" and sure enough, it now says under Sprint TV Ultimate that "these channels are included in your plan, you may now download the content". Gone is the indication that I have to pay another $7.95/month. The tech also said they are seeing the same timeouts that I am on their lab phone and they're working on it (best guess is it has something to do with the system upgrade that happened late Friday night). So far a couple of channels have started working but most still time out.

So, if you're not seeing the channels you should for your Power Vision plan when you go into Sprint TV, then block out an hour or so to be on hold and get transfered to 700p tech support so they can fix it for you!

JT
    Dragonman, couldnt agree with you more. I suspect Sprint (or in this case MobiTV) is at fault. If you try CNN video section, it can blow you away. Its so neat and clear, it leaves my TCPMP player with high def DVD rip in dust. So basically its MobiTV and Sprint who is at fault. So now we have faster connections but same old bit rate encoding process on streaming.. this sucks. Back to my question, can anyone let me know how to order CNN2Go???? Sprint has it in preview section, it tells you to order channel number 02. But it doesnt work. Clues????
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I noticed that a lot of people were posting about SprintTV and MobiTV and I thought that I'd pass along our site which has a bunch of free stuff to check out on your 700. You may already know about it but I figured I'd pass along the information to those who haven't checked it out.

We do have a premium channel for anime content, but most of the stuff on the site is for free and will remain that way. We also have some great stuff in the works that will be free and we think that everyone will like it.

The site is called ZooVision and you can visit it by visiting http://www.zoovision.com on your 700.

Enjoy!

Sean
    ZooVision
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    Back to my question, can anyone let me know how to order CNN2Go???? Sprint has it in preview section, it tells you to order channel number 02. But it doesnt work. Clues????
    OK. I tried it again and I see what you mean. If you try to type the channel number, 02, it does not work right. But strangely some of them *do* work right. Sounds like a bug to me.

If you just go to the channel using the up/down button, and then press the big oval center button, it *does* work !
    Quote Originally Posted by justanotheruser
    OK. I tried it again and I see what you mean. If you try to type the channel number, 02, it does not work right. But strangely some of them *do* work right. Sounds like a bug to me.

If you just go to the channel using the up/down button, and then press the big oval center button, it *does* work !
    All those channels when you choose up/down are the ones that you subscribed to or are free previews. The ones listed in previews are not available to subscribe. I will call for it to see what is the issue.

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I thought it might be useful to post an actual listing of all the channels with comments on what I see when we click on them. It seems that most of what I can see is just a few clips, although there is some live content. But most of the channels that I would expect to receive are just not there or they require you to hit a "buy" button. Very confusing!

Could anyone comment on wether the listing here is similar to what you are getting? JT, and anyone else who feels like they are getting the full line up, could you comment as well?

I realize some of this may not be considered "Sprint TV" but I'm still confused about what Sprint TV is and what the difference is of the various Power Vision Packs. If anyone has any clue on what you should get for these, I'd love to know!

Below I'm listing everything I see and if I get prompted to buy I'll list that, but if I don't mention getting prompted, it means I get access to the channel/clips/music:

• Sprint TV
      • 50 - Sprint TV Ultimate (under "My Channels") -
        • Tonight Show Highlights
        • NBC Mobile News Update
        • Fox News LIVE
        • NFL Network LIVE
        • Music
          • Fuse LIVE (Fuse Mobile)
          • Music Choice: News & Interviews

• Sports
          • Fox Wire
          • NFL Network Live
          • ESPN Sports - folder with a couple of clips from ESPN (time out problems)
          • Fox Sports
            • Fox Wire
            • Best Damn Sports Show Period
            • Action Sports (time out problem)
            • Sports Reports - folder which contains folders for baseball, NBA, Top News, Features, Hokey, NFL, and College Football. Each contain various reports for recent games or other features. But I couldn't watch any since they timed out.
          • Fuel TV - folder with a bunch of clips from Fuel TV
          • NFL Draft on Sprint
            • NFL Total Access News - folder of news clips from this week back to the draft (time out problems)
            • Player and Coaches Interviews - folder with interview clips
            • Super Bowl Highlight Reels - folder with clips from all superbowls
            • First Draft - folder with clips from NFL Draft
            • NFL Draft Preview - folder with NFL Draft preview Show
            • Best of NFL Draft - folder with various clips of NFL Draft
        • The Weather Channel
          • National Forcasts
            • National Forcast (time out problems)
            • Weekend Outlook (time out problems)
            • Daily Feature (time out problems)
          • Regional Forcasts - folder with various regiona forcasts (time out problems)
          • A-E Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
          • F-J Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
          • K-O Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
          • P-R Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
          • S-Z Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
        • Animation
          • Toon World TV - bunch of toon clips
        • News
          • NBC Mobile News Update
          • ABC News Now LIVE
          • NBC Mobile - folder with a bunch of clips of various recent stories (had time-out problems with these)
        • Entertainment
          • Tonight Show: Highlights
          • Fashion TV LIVE
          • Comedy Time: Innapropriate... (time out problem)
          • Discovery Channel: El Tajin of Mexico - piece from Discovery of 1 minute 35 seconds.
          • Tonight Show - folder that says "no channels available" when I go into it.
          • Comedy Time - folder with a Bunch of different comedy clips (time out problems with these)
          • Dicsovery Channel - folder with 8 short clips form Discovery Channel.
      • 20 - Fox: Prison Break, X-Men (under "My Channels") - X-Men trailer and Prison Break Mobisodes
      • 21 - Universal Pictures & DVDs (under "My Channels") - just a bunch of movie and dvd trailers
      • 22 - ATL (under "My Channels") - a movie preview
      • 49 - Previews (under "My Channels") - looks like all the previews (promo clips) for all the various Sprint TV channels, some of which are listed elsewhere in this hierarchy, but some of which are only listed here.
      • 01 - Sprint TV Plus (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $4.95
      • 09 - Sprint TV Live (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $9.99

• Music and Radio
      • 33 - Sprint Music Channel (under "My Channels")
      • 53 - Serius Hits (under "My Channels")
      • 06 - MUSIC CHOICE (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $5.95
      • 16 - Sprint Radio (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $5.95
      • 23 - SERIUS MUSIC (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $6.95
      • 42 - Sony Music Box Connection (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $5.95
    • Sports
      • 43 - NASCAR All Star (under "My Channels")
      • 55 - Maxx SportsTV (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $4.95
    • Cartoons
      • 10 - Cartoon Network (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $3.95
      • 11 - Adult Swim (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $3.95
      • 12 - Looney Tunes (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $4.95
      • 40 - Saturday Morning TV (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $3.95
      • 60 - Anime01 (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $4.95
      • Note - under "My Channels it just says "<NONE>"
    • News and Weather
      • 04 - The Weather Channel (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $4.95
      • 54 - ABC News Now (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $6.95
    • Movies & Shorts
      • 48 - MSpot Movies (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $6.95
    • Entertainment
      • 57 - Broadway Channel (under "My Channels"
        • Clip of the Week
        • Tony Nominated Shows
        • On Broadway
        • Broadway on Tour
        • Broadway in Vegas
      • 37 - Comedy Time (under "Available Channels" - prompted to buy for $4.95)
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast