Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    my set up mirrors yours for the most part...

I'll be calling Sprint today about the time-out issues and requesting at least a partial refund if they continue (hard since 1st mth of Sprint TV was offered free....)
    -jscott
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    I thought it might be useful to post an actual listing of all the channels with comments on what I see when we click on them. It seems that most of what I can see is just a few clips, although there is some live content. But most of the channels that I would expect to receive are just not there or they require you to hit a "buy" button. Very confusing!

Could anyone comment on wether the listing here is similar to what you are getting? JT, and anyone else who feels like they are getting the full line up, could you comment as well?

I realize some of this may not be considered "Sprint TV" but I'm still confused about what Sprint TV is and what the difference is of the various Power Vision Packs. If anyone has any clue on what you should get for these, I'd love to know!

Below I'm listing everything I see and if I get prompted to buy I'll list that, but if I don't mention getting prompted, it means I get access to the channel/clips/music:
    • Sprint TV
      • 50 - Sprint TV Ultimate (under "My Channels") -
        • Tonight Show Highlights
        • NBC Mobile News Update
        • Fox News LIVE
        • NFL Network LIVE
        • Music
          • Fuse LIVE (Fuse Mobile)
          • Music Choice: News & Interviews
        • Sports

• Fox Wire
          • NFL Network Live
          • ESPN Sports - folder with a couple of clips from ESPN (time out problems)
          • Fox Sports
            • Fox Wire
            • Best Damn Sports Show Period
            • Action Sports (time out problem)
            • Sports Reports - folder which contains folders for baseball, NBA, Top News, Features, Hokey, NFL, and College Football. Each contain various reports for recent games or other features. But I couldn't watch any since they timed out.
          • Fuel TV - folder with a bunch of clips from Fuel TV
          • NFL Draft on Sprint

• NFL Total Access News - folder of news clips from this week back to the draft (time out problems)
            • Player and Coaches Interviews - folder with interview clips
            • Super Bowl Highlight Reels - folder with clips from all superbowls
            • First Draft - folder with clips from NFL Draft
            • NFL Draft Preview - folder with NFL Draft preview Show
            • Best of NFL Draft - folder with various clips of NFL Draft
        • The Weather Channel

• National Forcasts
            • National Forcast (time out problems)
            • Weekend Outlook (time out problems)
            • Daily Feature (time out problems)
          • Regional Forcasts - folder with various regiona forcasts (time out problems)
          • A-E Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
          • F-J Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
          • K-O Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
          • P-R Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
          • S-Z Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
        • Animation

• Toon World TV - bunch of toon clips
        • News

• NBC Mobile News Update
          • ABC News Now LIVE
          • NBC Mobile - folder with a bunch of clips of various recent stories (had time-out problems with these)
        • Entertainment

• Tonight Show: Highlights
          • Fashion TV LIVE
          • Comedy Time: Innapropriate... (time out problem)
          • Discovery Channel: El Tajin of Mexico - piece from Discovery of 1 minute 35 seconds.
          • Tonight Show - folder that says "no channels available" when I go into it.
          • Comedy Time - folder with a Bunch of different comedy clips (time out problems with these)
          • Dicsovery Channel - folder with 8 short clips form Discovery Channel.
      • 20 - Fox: Prison Break, X-Men (under "My Channels") - X-Men trailer and Prison Break Mobisodes
      • 21 - Universal Pictures & DVDs (under "My Channels") - just a bunch of movie and dvd trailers
      • 22 - ATL (under "My Channels") - a movie preview
      • 49 - Previews (under "My Channels") - looks like all the previews (promo clips) for all the various Sprint TV channels, some of which are listed elsewhere in this hierarchy, but some of which are only listed here.
      • 01 - Sprint TV Plus (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $4.95
      • 09 - Sprint TV Live (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $9.99

• Music and Radio

• 33 - Sprint Music Channel (under "My Channels")
      • 53 - Serius Hits (under "My Channels")
      • 06 - MUSIC CHOICE (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $5.95
      • 16 - Sprint Radio (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $5.95
      • 23 - SERIUS MUSIC (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $6.95
      • 42 - Sony Music Box Connection (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $5.95
    • Sports

• 43 - NASCAR All Star (under "My Channels")
      • 55 - Maxx SportsTV (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $4.95
    • Cartoons

• 10 - Cartoon Network (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $3.95
      • 11 - Adult Swim (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $3.95
      • 12 - Looney Tunes (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $4.95
      • 40 - Saturday Morning TV (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $3.95
      • 60 - Anime01 (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $4.95
      • Note - under "My Channels it just says "<NONE>"
    • News and Weather

• 04 - The Weather Channel (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $4.95
      • 54 - ABC News Now (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $6.95
    • Movies & Shorts

• 48 - MSpot Movies (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $6.95
    • Entertainment

• 57 - Broadway Channel (under "My Channels"
        • Clip of the Week
        • Tony Nominated Shows
        • On Broadway
        • Broadway on Tour
        • Broadway in Vegas
      • 37 - Comedy Time (under "Available Channels" - prompted to buy for $4.95)
    Which package is this?
    I'm guessing it's Ultimate. I have the Live package, for $9.99, and it doesn't have this much stuff. And what I don't understand is Ultimate costs $2.00 less. Not that I watch it that much, but if I get more for less $$$...?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Which package is this?
    I'm guessing it's Ultimate. I have the Live package, for $9.99, and it doesn't have this much stuff. And what I don't understand is Ultimate costs $2.00 less. Not that I watch it that much, but if I get more for less $$$...?
    I've never heard of "Live." If you go to Sprint's site, they list 3 Power Vision plans:
    • Power Vision Access Pack - $15/month
    • Power Vision Plus Pack - $20/month
    • Power Vision Ultimate Pack - $25/month

Yes, I'm SUPPOSED to have the ultimate pack - at least for the first month...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I've never heard of "Live." If you go to Sprint's site, they list 3 Power Vision plans:

Live is a package offered on the phone itself. I listed a lineup in another thread. I'll find it.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Once I purchased the "Live" package, the following channels were added to my lineup:
    Discovery
    TLC
    ABC News Now
    Fox Sports
    NFL Network
    Fox News
    V40 Top Hits
    The Mic Hip Hop
    Shift Alternative
    Chaos Extreme
    MAXX Sports
    Comedy Time
    Fashion TV
    Bloomberg
    CNET
    Discovery Kids
    Weather Channel
    Toon Wold TV
    Discovery ESP
    CSPAN
    CSPAN2

I can verify that the few channels I've watched (Fox News & Discovery) are live, with about a 2 minute delay.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ZooVision
    I noticed that a lot of people were posting about SprintTV and MobiTV and I thought that I'd pass along our site which has a bunch of free stuff to check out on your 700. You may already know about it but I figured I'd pass along the information to those who haven't checked it out.

We do have a premium channel for anime content, but most of the stuff on the site is for free and will remain that way. We also have some great stuff in the works that will be free and we think that everyone will like it.

The site is called ZooVision and you can visit it by visiting http://www.zoovision.com on your 700.

Enjoy!

Sean
    ZooVision
    Oh now this site is just too cool! Makes me want to dumb down my sprint plan to the $15 a month.
    Zoovision looks pretty cool. Thanks!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Once I purchased the "Live" package, the following channels were added to my lineup:
    Discovery
    TLC
    ABC News Now
    Fox Sports
    NFL Network
    Fox News
    V40 Top Hits
    The Mic Hip Hop
    Shift Alternative
    Chaos Extreme
    MAXX Sports
    Comedy Time
    Fashion TV
    Bloomberg
    CNET
    Discovery Kids
    Weather Channel
    Toon Wold TV
    Discovery ESP
    CSPAN
    CSPAN2

I can verify that the few channels I've watched (Fox News & Discovery) are live, with about a 2 minute delay.
    Hmmm, so I'm assuming that if you want to watch this stuff, you need to spend $10/month on the Live package, and another $20/month on the Power Vision Plus? From Sprint's site, the Power Vision Access Pack doesn't seem to include any mention of "Sprint TV" (although it does mention "streaming Live News channel including ABC News Now, and streaming radio featuring Sirius Hits. "). So that's an additional $15 over the base Power Vision Access Pack per month. I kind of doubt that I'm going to be watching much tv on this phone, considering I don't even have cable or satellite at home and get most of my video off the internet or on dvd. But I guess it might be good for people who don't want to pay $50+ per month to the cable or satellite company, they just will need to watch everything on a tiny screen...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Hmmm, so I'm assuming that if you want to watch this stuff, you need to spend $10/month on the Live package, and another $20/month on the Power Vision Plus? From Sprint's site, the Power Vision Access Pack doesn't seem to include any mention of "Sprint TV" (although it does mention "streaming Live News channel including ABC News Now, and streaming radio featuring Sirius Hits. "). So that's an additional $15 over the base Power Vision Access Pack per month. I kind of doubt that I'm going to be watching much tv on this phone, considering I don't even have cable or satellite at home and get most of my video off the internet or on dvd. But I guess it might be good for people who don't want to pay $50+ per month to the cable or satellite company, they just will need to watch everything on a tiny screen...
    I guess it depends on what plan you're on. Powervision is included in my $30 a month SERO plan. Plus $9.99 for the TV package, although it looks like I'll be switching to the $7.99 plan.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

If you have Power Vision Plus, can you watch MobiTV channels for free? or is that something else?

Al
    Just got off the phone with Sprint after the guy took 20 minutes to try and fix the problem. Someone is supposed to call me later tonight or tomorrow and figure out what the deal is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    If you have Power Vision Plus, can you watch MobiTV channels for free? or is that something else?

Al
    Nope, you can just view the demo channel.

I don't know if it is my area (downtown Houston) but streaming on MobiTV or SprintTV is really quite impressive.
    Have 3 new power vision phones on the "Plus" plan. None of them have access to any channels supposedly included in the plan. I phoned cs and the rep I spoke with was vaguely aware of the problem and put in a service ticket. They will get back to me, so they say. Will let you know what I find out.
    [list][*]Sprint TV
    • 50 - Sprint TV Ultimate (under "My Channels") -
    • 01 - Sprint TV Plus (under "My Channels") -
      • Tonight Show Highlights
      • NBC Mobile News Update
      • Fox News LIVE
      • Music
        • Music Choice: News & Interviews

• Sports
        • ESPN Sports - folder with a couple of clips from ESPN (time out problems)
        • NFL Draft on Sprint
          • NFL Total Access News - folder of news clips from this week back to the draft (time out problems)
          • Player and Coaches Interviews - folder with interview clips
          • Super Bowl Highlight Reels - folder with clips from all superbowls
          • First Draft - folder with clips from NFL Draft
          • NFL Draft Preview - folder with NFL Draft preview Show
          • Best of NFL Draft - folder with various clips of NFL Draft
      • The Weather Channel
        • National Forcasts
          • National Forcast (time out problems)
          • Weekend Outlook (time out problems)
          • Daily Feature (time out problems)
        • Regional Forcasts - folder with various regiona forcasts (time out problems)
        • A-E Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
        • F-J Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
        • K-O Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
        • P-R Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
        • S-Z Cities - folder with forcasts for major cities? (time out problems)
      • Animation
        • Toon World TV - bunch of toon clips
      • News
        • NBC Mobile News Update
        • NBC Mobile - folder with a bunch of clips of various recent stories (had time-out problems with these)
      • Entertainment
        • Tonight Show: Highlights
        • Fashion TV LIVE
        • Comedy Time: Innapropriate... (time out problem)
        • Discovery Channel: El Tajin of Mexico - piece from Discovery of 1 minute 35 seconds.
        • Tonight Show - folder that says "no channels available" when I go into it.
        • Comedy Time - folder with a Bunch of different comedy clips (time out problems with these)
        • Dicsovery Channel - folder with 8 short clips form Discovery Channel.

• 99 - Sony Pictures: Folder with Da Vinci Code and Rescue me clips
    • 09 - Sprint TV Live (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $9.99
    • 50 - Sprint TV Ultimate (under "Available Channels") - prompted to buy for $7.95

[*]Sports
    • 43 - NASCAR All Star (under "My Channels")
    These are the things i DO NOT have on my sprint plus package ($5 cheaper).
    If only sprint made it clear. I am totally confused. I have SERO, 1250 min PV free, but when I look at S TV on the phone - there is a 4.95, 9.95, and ultimate for 7.95. What do I pick?
    They dont give a detailed line up, but only a stupid trailer.
    Clear! This is Sprint. I bought 2 Treo 700p's for testing. Glad I did not need any more. I did the ESN swap from my 650 and found out they did not swap my Vision service. Called back yesterday and had them remove my $15 "Sprint PCS Vision Access Pack" and add the $15 "Sprint PCS Power Vision Access for Business" for EVDO. Checked SprintTV and the channels were not showing up correctly...at least that is what I thought! Sirius Hits (Ch. 53) is listed under My Channels, but ABC News Now was not. Called Product Support and they said to just select the BUY button...that I would not be charged for it. Got distracted, came back to it, and called Sprint Business Customer Care to double check. The Rep spends about 20 minutes researching and then tells me that since I have "Sprint PCS Power Vision Access for Business", not the "Sprint Power Vision Access Pack", that channel is not included, instead my business plan gives me 100 SMS (and Sirius Hits).

Couple that with the Goodlink/Ringtone issue and the keyboard layout and it looks like they are going back to the store...7 days left on the trial

Got to go check out the 650->700p->650 thread...

My .02
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    now that ORB works, why pay $9.99/mo??
    Good idea, but it's PC-only.
    Last edited by longterm; 06/09/2006 at 10:29 AM.
    THanks Jeffery! I'm calling Sprint, as well

QUESTION ----

I thought SprintTV also offered VH1, MTV, and Comedy Central --- according to their documents, that's what it says ---- where can I access these channels??

THANKS GUYS

BTW --- I'm impressed by SprintTV -- i've been watching Fox News live --- I think the picture and audio are extremely good for EVDO speeds!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    Good idea, but it's PC-only.
    I know...we need a Mac version!!
    ZooVision is pretty cool... wish they had more content.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast