Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Okay, I am feeling pretty low now. I typed a very extensive post explaining the workings of UPS and it seems not one person believed me. I even stated that I was in that industry for 7 years and still no one believed me. All I got was post about UPS sticking to estimated delivery dates (which we now know is not the norm although there are exceptions to every rule). I even have clipcarl going out of his way to tell others they were wrong but he didn't bother to post that I was right. I have to be honest with you guys, I am not feeling the love right now! I'm not going to cry about it though.

Okay really though. I haven't received mine here in Long Beach yet but I haven't even called for my tracking number either. I have a home loan that I am a little (actually alot) more worried about today.

Congrats to everyone who received theirs! I wish I had bet someone on this.
    add me to the crew of rejoicers.... early delivery today instead of 31st as well... 11:23am

Enjoy chaps -
    BTW mine was delivered today at 12:45 pm. Now I have to go pick it up from the office!
    441pm and still waiting for UPS, 3 diff reps on the 800 number said its out for delivery today it will be there by 7pm. I hope so or im b*tching out UPS its been out for delivery since 8:11am
    Just got mine from UPS and am on the phone with a SERO rep now.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    stroths keep us posted on how that goes. that is my game plan also.
    getting really anxious and agry here been out for delivery since 8:11am and its now 5:46pm and they only deliver until 7pm. UPS better not f*ck this up
    I think I should have left things alone. I called earlier because UPS' site was showing the following status:
    THE RECEIVER'S ADDRESS IS INCOMPLETE. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THE ENTIRE ADDRESS AND COMPLETE THE DELIVERY.;THE ADDRESS HAS BEEN CORRECTED. THE DELIVERY HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED
    When I called the rep said that there had been a problem with the address but they must have gotten it sorted out from the shipper and I should get it tomorrow. I didn't want it tomorrow, I wanted it today, and it sounded like this screwup caused it to miss today's truck, so I asked if I could pick it up instead (seeing as it should have been waiting around at some building anyway). She said someone would call me back to confirm and with details as to when I could pick it up. Within about 1/2 hour, someone called me and said that they got my request and that they would call me back again when it was available to be picked up and that could possible be after 8pm. Now I'm wondering if it wasn't on the truck today after all. So now they probably told the driver not to deliver it and I'm going to have to haul out tonight to pick it up? Ridiculous. I should have never bothered checking my tracking status and just let it arrive on its own today or tomorrow.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Scott - usually when it's on a truck the driver will attempt delivery. He will actually never find out that you requested to pick it up. That information goes into the computer system and the guys that unload trucks in the evening (not the driver) will set your package aside when they scan it and see that you want to pick it up. Usually all this happens way to late for you to actually pick it up the same day. They generally try to keep different tasks separated. A driver's goal is to deliver a package to the address he has. Ocassionally a driver will call in if he has a bad address and then CS will try to contact you for a better address while the driver is still out.

So long story short, if it's on the truck the driver will attempt delivery regardless of your attempt to pick-up from the station.
    i got the shipped email from palm last night...and when i called up...they said it just got sent to the warehouse. okay....but when i check online for my status...it's still on Order Received.
    all i have to say is no offense to any UPS workers but holy crap morons over by me. It said out for delivery all day so i sat arond waiting and now at 730pm it says they forgot it at the UPS center! WTF. I call and they say they put it on the wrong truck. I mean is it that to scan something and put it on sheesh. They better let me pick it up tonight I wont even be home tomm to get it. This bites
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    Okay, I am feeling pretty low now. I typed a very extensive post explaining the workings of UPS and it seems not one person believed me. I even stated that I was in that industry for 7 years and still no one believed me. All I got was post about UPS sticking to estimated delivery dates (which we now know is not the norm although there are exceptions to every rule). I even have clipcarl going out of his way to tell others they were wrong but he didn't bother to post that I was right. I have to be honest with you guys, I am not feeling the love right now! I'm not going to cry about it though.

Okay really though. I haven't received mine here in Long Beach yet but I haven't even called for my tracking number either. I have a home loan that I am a little (actually alot) more worried about today.

Congrats to everyone who received theirs! I wish I had bet someone on this.
    Sorry I neglected to post that you were right! I'm glad you got the phone today! Have fun with it.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567