Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Just spoke to UPS. They said once it gets a "destination scan" right now it's "arrival" they can request it be held for pickup same day. I asked if I could pick it up after work even though it says scheduled delivery tomorrow, he said as long as it goes "destination scan" in our system you can. I am 10 min from the UPS location so I'd definitely go get it.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 05/30/2006 at 06:06 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    This morning, it shows that mine is in Dallas, but won't ship to me until tomorrow. Better late than never.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #63  
    Mine is out for delivery as of 4:45am according to UPS so looks like I will have mine today rather than scheduled date of tomorrow.
    great!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Yeah, I just called UPS. I mean, I wouldn't mind waiting, but the problem is, I'm never at home when the UPS guy comes and it just makes sense for them to hold anything that comes my way and then I go pick it up.

Anyway, they said (as does above in this thread) that once it hits "destination scan" you can call UPS and ask them to hold it. Even though mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, they said it should arrive this afternoon and I could swing by tonight and pick it up. I'll probably do that today or tomorrow or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins
    Mine is out for delivery as of 4:45am according to UPS so looks like I will have mine today rather than scheduled date of tomorrow.

congrats! please post some photos for us envyers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Just spoke to UPS. They said once it gets a "destination scan" right now it's "arrival" they can request it be held for pickup same day. I asked if I could pick it up after work even though it says scheduled delivery tomorrow, he said as long as it goes "destination scan" in our system you can. I am 10 min from the UPS location so I'd definitely go get it.

did you ask what time UPS closes? ...I think I might pick it up as well..
    I'm pretty sure the UPS near me closes at 8pm , I'll find out for sure. I just checked the page again and it moved from Newark airport and arrived at the Secaucus UPS center 7:33am, that's where I'd get it. I hope it goes into "destination scan" so I can get it. This has been one crazy ride.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Mine states a 5/31 scheduled delivery, but reports that it's "OUT FOR DELIVERY" right now.

Giddy up.
    Then it's out for delivery, lucky you I'll keep checking mine to see if it stays there and I can pick it up, or they are delivering today. I left a note at my door, the driver usually leaves it, if not he'll leave it with a neighbor.

If it doesn't go out for delivery today, I hope it gets "destination scan" today so I can go get it. UPS said it should get that, but they can't guarantee it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I've been monitoring the UPS website and it showed departure scan on Saturday in my city (NY). It also showed scheduled delivery 5/31. I just checked again and it now shows that it arrived at my local UPS location on Saturday and is now out for delivery as of 3:38Am today.

Bottom line is that the web-site is delayed and the 5/31 delivery appears to be conservative. I was considering calling and going for pickup myself but now I'm just counting the minutes.....I have a 600 Sprint since it came out and waited for a more significant upgrade that the 650. I've been using PDANet with the 600 and it's been great when I'm out in the boonies without any net access for my laptop. BT and EVDO for laptop connectivity is a big deal for me! I recently setup a friends 700w with PDANet and he is loving it.

I will post when it arrives
    I'm in Chicago, status shows that it arrived in Chicago and has departed again...not "out for delivery" though...so i wonder where exactly it's going? Hopefully it comes today. Anyone else feel like it's xmas?
    We are all adults getting giddy about the pending arrival of a phone It could be it arrived in Chicago at the airport and is now going to the UPS facility. Mine also arrived in Newark with a scan at 6:56, then went out to Secaucus at 7:33 scan. I know Secaucus is the center I'd pick it up at.
    Jimmie Geddes
    OK, someone correct me if I am wrong.

......BUT doesnt "Destination Scan" MEANS the package is out for delivery but unsuccessul?

-And for the UPS CSR to say it is possible to pickup, it means that attempt to delivery has failed (no one available to sign)???

:just asking?:
    Mine still says scheduled for tomorrow but is out for delivery
    Woohoo - UPS tracking says package is on truck for delivery. Unfortunately UPS usually hits our neighborhood late afternoon, but that's okay. Looks like I'll get it today. Can't wait.
    SECAUCUS, NJ, US 05/30/2006 8:11 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
    Looks like I'm getting it delivered today
    Jimmie Geddes
    just curious, is everyone's orders shipping from ROCKFORD, IL, US ???
    Mine came from Louisville, KY.
    Mine states "US" as the starting point. Then it shows LOUISVILLE, KY as the next stop
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast