Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Is that before 10am on Wednesday?
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    Just spoke with Palm and they said ups will not pick up on the holiday, so it will go out tueday and I'll get my 700p on wednesday (uggghh) I was expecting it tomorrow,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I hate to break the bad news to you guys but for overnight orders UPS website is not very handy alot of times. I spent 7 years in the order fulfillment business and I have seen the whole spectrum of incorrect information on the UPS website. Aero was right that having the package show up on UPS website doesn't mean it was picked up from Palm but there may be light still.

ttoppins - from your post it sounds like your tracking information shows a scan in Dallas and you live in Dallas. Is that correct?

Trim81 - looking at your jpg of your tracking information it appears you may live in louisville or very near. Is that correct?

The reason I ask these questions is that the only part of the UPS website that is always accurate is scans at UPS facilities along the way. It doesn't mean that the package hasn't went further but it does mean it has went at least that far. I have never seen a package ship from Los Angeles and show a destination scan in New York when the package is still in Salt Lake City for instance.

If your tracking shows a scan in your home city now then I will be willing to bet that you will receive your package on Tuesday. Once a package is at the warehouse it goes out the first morning. Period. UPS whole system is designed to keep packages moving.

Also, just to ease some minds. If UPS has the package on Saturday early morning it is a very good chance that we will see them on Tuesday. On a normal Saturday I would say definitely but on a holiday weekend there is a slight chance this won't happen. Very slight. For Fedex and UPS you never count Saturday unless it's the drop off day or you pay for Saturday delivery. Ex. Ship a package overnight on Friday and it delivers on Monday. Ship a package on Friday via Saturday delivery and it delivers on Saturday. Ship a package overnight on Saturday and it arrives on Monday (the same as shipping it on Friday).

All this is proven by looking at the UPS site and finding UPS locations near you. For the pickup times you will see that some locations say "Sat: No Air Pickup" while others will say something like "Sat: 1:30pm". That means that at some locations if you send something overnight on a Saturday before 1:30 pm it will get there on Monday.

So long story short I would think that the warehouse these things are shipping from would be dealing with a main UPS hub not some little drop off point that may not accept overnight on Saturdays. If that's the case then we should see our packages on Tuesday. Memorial day on Monday shouldn't affect normal operations on Saturday.

With all this being said I was to stupid to call Palm and get my tracking number. That is how all of you are getting yours right? I didn't get an email with a tracking number and Palm's website says shipped but no tracking info there yet.

Sorry for the long explanation but I saw panic rising. I think we will be okay for Tuesady delivery! I have had clients yelling at me about not seeing an update on UPS website for a package that they had to have that day and at that moment UPS arrives and delivers the package. They are a great shipping company with a not so great website.

Edit: I just read Jimmie's post above and want to add that all this only applies if the Packages were picked up or dropped off by Saturday before midday. If not, then of course it will be Wednesday.
    Last edited by BigTreo; 05/29/2006 at 10:00 AM.
    Bigtreo I really, really hope you're right. Palm told me I'd get it on wednesday with no chance at all getting it tomorrow. I really hope people get them tomorrow, at this point 1 day isn't going to make or break anything. The ups website just shows they've received my info, and provide a tracking #, but no date of delivery.
    Jimmie Geddes
    in my email from palm I got around 1:45 am saturday it said it had shipped, and my credit card was also charged.
    Jimmie Geddes
    The palm website says my order has shipped- but there is no tracking number showing on their website. I got the tracking number saturday from cs and the UPS site says they have the billing info only. Funny thing is according to the citibank website there is no charge to my card yet? I am also hopeful that it somehow comes tomorrow but Wed is looking more logical.
    You all are hilarious. A month ago we didn't know when we would get this. Now with literally hours before we get them, people are having orgasms over this. For the love of God, relax! Your life can't be that fixated on a phone. Sure, I'm excited to, and I'd like to get it as soon as possible, but complaining over one day is ridiculous. Someone mentioned in this thread that we should be happy if we got both the $549 price, free 1GB card, free shipping, AND no tax! That's over a $200 value combined saved. With those savings, they can deliver this phone next week for all I care. I'm now able to make another needed purchase thanks to the savings for my business.

Please people, relax!
  8.    #28  
    Bigtreo: Yep, mine is in Dallas and I live in Dallas so I'm hoping for Tuesday delivery even though UPS says scheduled delivery 5/31.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Mine doesn't give me the expected delivery date. it just says Billing info recieved.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Mine doesn't give me the expected delivery date. it just says Billing info recieved.
    Same. I suppose Wednesday, it is.
    ttoppins - I am sure you will receive yours Tuesday. I wish I had my tracking number. Report back when you get it on Tuesday.
    Yeh I dont understand, Im by auburn hills michigan, about say 40-45 min from the airport, tacknig says my treo arrived at the airport 7:17am Saturday morning, but the expected delivery date is the 31st??? I dont get if its been there since Sat. and its only 40 min away why it will take a full business day and a half almost to make it 40 min. to my door? What gives with that process. I figured you know, since they dont work today, at least itd be sent up from the airport to the hub which is bout 10 min away in the morning, and processed tues morning and out to me by the afternoon/evening at the latest. I mean it took a whopping 5 hours 3 min to make it from the warehouse at 2:14am Sat to detroit airport at 7:17am you figure once its in the area it shouldnt take MORE time.
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 05/29/2006 at 02:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    UPS usually sticks to their estimated delivery date. Even if their facility is next door to your house, they will go clear across town, make deliveries, wait a day, then give you your package when it is scheduled.
    well then im going to call and pick it up at the hub then, thats rediculous
    they will NOT let you pick it up before the first delivery attempt.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    At least your not getting it on Thursday.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Get it from SPrint, trust me - don't buy from Palm! I couldn't be more frustrated - read my thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115463
    Does anyone know if a signature is required when delivered? If mine gets delivered on Wednesday (which I bet it does), there is a good chance I won't be home when the UPS guy comes. I'd like to leave a note to him to leave it in the car and then lock it. You reckon they would do that or is that against UPS rules? I would skip what we're going to but, it's a retirement party for my wife that I can't miss, even to get my new 700P . Alternatively, is there anyway I could contact UPS to leave it at the UPS place and I could run over and pick it up Wednesday morning?
    I usually just leave a not on my door for UPS to leave it in my door. Sometimes he'll go to my neighbors house to get a signature. He usually leaves it in my door for me.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I usually just leave a not on my door for UPS to leave it in my door. Sometimes he'll go to my neighbors house to get a signature. He usually leaves it in my door for me.
    That would be fine if they would do that. We'll only be gone an hour and a half, but I just don't want to take a chance missing him. He always seems to come to our neighborhood around 5:00.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast