Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    I can't find this setting either. Is this native to WinXP SP2, or is it part of the software you've installed with your BT adapter?

The settings I referred too are located in the BT device software - ie either right click the BT icon in your system tray, select Advanced Config and then Local Services tab or in the control panel BT Confiruation applet, same tab as before.

As to the dev mgr, well I assume you know where that is - again, make sure only one device is listed in there or don't even try to hotsync.

Remember the reason you are having these problems is XP SP2 - it's BT driver stack totally your BT radio.

Sorry for the long resposne time - have not been around.
    yep.
    I have an Acer 8104 Travelmate with built-in BT. I am getting the same port is in use, Seems like a bug that is generic to many configurations.
    Normally it is a configuration area, the wrong port selected or service not enabled or both. Due to no real standard on what we can call them other than what is on our specific installations, there is a bit of a problem when giving help. Anyway, when I do get one of those errors, I have found that it is normally a configuration error for comport settings or something not enabled.
    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by krock
    The settings I referred too are located in the BT device software - ie either right click the BT icon in your system tray, select Advanced Config and then Local Services tab or in the control panel BT Confiruation applet, same tab as before.

As to the dev mgr, well I assume you know where that is - again, make sure only one device is listed in there or don't even try to hotsync.

Remember the reason you are having these problems is XP SP2 - it's BT driver stack totally your BT radio.

Sorry for the long resposne time - have not been around.
    This is the root of my problem-- I don't have any BT software-- only the applet native to SP2. I didn't need them with my T650, and my MS BT mouse works fine with my MS adaptor. If I want my 700p to work, I guess I'll have to purchase a different adaptor, and add or replace the existing drivers.
    The MS BT works with the MS adaptor and is not designed for what you want to do. You can either purchase PDANet and use USB to surf with or purchase a Bluetooth adaptor (I have a Kensington) and use it. The USB is a bit faster than Bluetooth. When I am on the road with the laptop, I use the Bluetooth option (when I am lazy, I use PDANet and it works well). When at home, I use which ever tickles my fancy. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    The MS BT works with the MS adaptor and is not designed for what you want to do. You can either purchase PDANet and use USB to surf with or purchase a Bluetooth adaptor (I have a Kensington) and use it. The USB is a bit faster than Bluetooth. When I am on the road with the laptop, I use the Bluetooth option (when I am lazy, I use PDANet and it works well). When at home, I use which ever tickles my fancy. Ben

Agreed. I purchased the D-link DBT-120 and gave my Belkin BT adapter to the person who bought my 650. The Belkin worked great with the 650 and everything else I had ever tried it with, but the driver stack was not up to date - I updated the drivers from Belkin, but they did not seem to work with that version of the hardware.

Just add another $20 to the TCO of the 700p. At least my GPS and Moto headset work - in fact the headset behaves much better with the 700p than with the 650 (note I did not say performed - I do get the static from time to time).
    yep.
    Agreed. I purchased the D-link DBT-120 and gave my Belkin BT adapter to the person who bought my 650. The Belkin worked great with the 650 and everything else I had ever tried it with, but the driver stack was not up to date - I updated the drivers from Belkin, but they did not seem to work with that version of the hardware.

Just add another $20 to the TCO of the 700p. At least my GPS and Moto headset work - in fact the headset behaves much better with the 700p than with the 650 (note I did not say performed - I do get the static from time to time).
    Far be it for us to quibble over $20-- I'll of course try the D-Link.

It's just ironic that I can use the native BT stack for individual file transfers, but can't use the Palm software to hotsync.
    Yes, my Belkin worked for transferring files, tethering as a modem, and would even hotsync if I initiated it while I was tethered - but tethering every time I wanted to hotsync was really not worth the trouble. Also, my D-link was $20 after a $10 MIR from tiger direct. YMMV
    yep.
    has anyone contacted Palm about this error. Seems like lots of us have it and no one really has an answer.
    usually it is a cause of the settings between the virtual port & hotsync ports

you could verify virtual port of your bluetooth in the PC (usually it is):

-Right click Bluetooth Icon on Systray and choose “Advanced Configuration”
    -Identify the virtual port Bluetooth is using on local services tab (consult PC or Bluetooth adaptor documentation or see atttatchment BT1)
    -then make sure that hotsync manager has:

*check on local & local USB
    *using the same port under the local tab (see attached BT2)

-then try again launching the bluetooth sync in bluetooth application of treo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just to get an idea here. Has anyone been able to HotSync with the Native XP SP2 Bluetooth stack? It sounds like everyone had to get some 3rd party stack to make it work. Am I right?
    Native stack doesnt sync either. I use an Anycom USB adapter and tried with both native and XP.
    THANK YOU Thank You thank you!!!!

I'm so happy, I hate keeping track of my hotsync cable - now I can store it away wiht the original box in case I need it but leave it along 99% of the time. I was really frustrated that this wasn't working since I moved from the 650 to the 700!

Ok, long story short, I have BT sync working on my T40 (BT II) and on T42 (BT III). Here is how:

Go to here and read up for all the details.

1) uninstall both BT devices in device mgr
    2) Rename bth.inf and bth.PNF files in c:\windows\inf (or equiv path) to .old
    3) DL the bthwxp1o.exe file from Lenovo/IBM
    4) Extract those files but do not install software yet.
    5) Load the driver manually from those files for the BT device
    6) Install the rest of the software
    7) Spend ?? minutes figuring out that you should just use the BT wizard to setup your connection to the 700 isntaead of farting around trying to do it manually

That's it - worked on both my T42 and T40 laptops (the T40 took a reboot in the middle, but the T42 did not). I can now hot sync via BT and also connect in tethered mode as a modem.

Oh, and I solved my Belkin F8T001v2 BT adapter issue by replacing it with a new D-LINK DBT120.

Good luck.... YMMV
    Has anyone tried installing the Lenovo (Widcomm) BT stack on PCs other than the Thinkpad?
    Im purchasing a Dell in the next week and Ive ordered it with the BT/Wireless network card in it. Im hoping itll work right out of the box but if not Ill try all the stuff in this thread. (It'll have XPPro on it)

What chances are you guys giving me itll work?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I have to guess that unless the BT hardware in whichever non-Lenovo laptop you have is the same as the Lenovo BT hardware, it probably won't work. But hey, if I am wrong, won't be the first time.
    yep.
    For anybody trying to BT sync on an Acer 5672, make sure the "secure" link is UNCHECKED on your port properties. Make sure your "modem" sync and "Local" sync are different ports too. Then it will work. This took me 2 hours to figure out.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hi, I am havig a problems getting a port to do the hotsync on an IBM Machine.

I do the Bluetooth Hotsync perfectly on my Dell using a Linksys Bluetooth adapter.

However, when I try to use the bluetooth on my IBM using the Logiteck keyboard and mouse bluetooth receiver the Treo always says that the port is in use. I got it to work only once. I tried about 7 different port numbers. By the way it used to work on my Nokia phone.

The interface for the bluetooth is the same standard on both computers. The IBM can do the hotsync via cable.

I need the Bluetooth mouse since this is a very large conference room. The bluetooth adapter recognizes the device , pair with it but no hotsync.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by jdr1000; 08/25/2006 at 05:33 PM.
    I just want to post here I am getting the same problem.

My 650 can sync via bluetooth just fine but with the 700p I gets the same "pot used by other device" error. I even gave the phone to Sprint and let them check it thinking there is sonething wrong with the bluetooth, before I reaized alot of people are getting the same error.

My BT adopter is a generic dongle I brought from ebay it didn't even come with a CD. Just plug it in and the MS bluetooth driver will load.

This is more annoying than the pTunes skipping issue on the 700p. I am thinking getting a SD card backup app now.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Just an update, I purchased a Bluetooth USB antena from ebay and conected it to ther IBM machine, I get the same Port in use problem, and again I was able to have a start sync to later have it disconect by itself.

Anyone?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast