Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hmmmm.... is that option in the BT software (in the system tray) or on the actual com port in device mgr?
    yep.
    I think i got to it from the Control Panel, and then clicking on the Bluetooth Configuration icon.
    My 700p is able to see my laptop and add it as a device but when I try the first Hotsync the "port in use" dialog pops up and then my Treo resets. My laptop has onboard Toshiba BT.
    Ok, I was able to pair up to an IBM T43 and T42 but not my T40 (IBM Integrated Bluetooth II vs. the III and IV) or my Belkin F8T001 ver 2 USB key. Guess I will go get a new USB key and swap out my laptop radio. Bummer.
    yep.
    krock,

Are you able to do a hotsync with your T42? I've got a T42 with builtin Bluetooth and while I can do DUN and transfer files, I get the "port in use by another application" error when I try to hotsync via BT. I've tried EVERYTHING:

- make sure BT virtual COM port is created and configured in hotsync app
    - soft reset 700p
    - reboot ThinkPad
    - add extra BT virtual COM ports

Nothing works. I was hoping to avoid buying a hotsync cable for the Thinkpad at work. :-(
    Last edited by Matty87; 06/08/2006 at 12:21 PM.
    On the T42, I get a a different error, and thought that after I messed with the security settings I could get it to work. So far, I have not gotten any further on it, but I am not trusing the build on this particluar laptop either.

I will report back later after I test with a known working T42.
    yep.
    Exact same Problem as below here... I'm on a T42p, can get DUN to work but cannot get hotsync (port in use message).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty87
    krock,

Are you able to do a hotsync with your T42? I've got a T42 with builtin Bluetooth and while I can do DUN and exchange files, I get the "port in use by another application" error when I try to hotsync via BT. I've tried EVERYTHING:

- make sure BT virtual COM port is created and configured in hotsync app
    - soft reset 700p
    - reboot ThinkPad
    - add extra BT virtual COM ports

Nothing works. I was hoping to avoid buying a hotsync cable for the Thinkpad at work. :-(
    I am thinking we may need a list of known working BT/USB devices. I just bought a Dlink, and I am getting no where fast.

Corrected - I just got it to work by opening up all the secure connections the driver creates. Picked it up for $30-$10MIR at tiger direct. Model DBT-120 for those who want to know.
    yep.
    FYI - I got a T42 with an "IBM Integrated Bluetooth III" to work.
    yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by krock
    FYI - I got a T42 with an "IBM Integrated Bluetooth III" to work.
    My machine is the same. Can you tell me what version of Bluetooth drivers you've got?

I'm running Windows XP Professional Version 2002, SP 2

The info on my Bluetooth driver is:
    Date: 8/3/2004
    Version: 5.1.2600.2180
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Publisher

Thanks for any info...
    Ok, long story short, I have BT sync working on my T40 (BT II) and on T42 (BT III). Here is how:

Go to here and read up for all the details.

1) uninstall both BT devices in device mgr
    2) Rename bth.inf and bth.PNF files in c:\windows\inf (or equiv path) to .old
    3) DL the bthwxp1o.exe file from Lenovo/IBM
    4) Extract those files but do not install software yet.
    5) Load the driver manually from those files for the BT device
    6) Install the rest of the software
    7) Spend ?? minutes figuring out that you should just use the BT wizard to setup your connection to the 700 isntaead of farting around trying to do it manually

That's it - worked on both my T42 and T40 laptops (the T40 took a reboot in the middle, but the T42 did not). I can now hot sync via BT and also connect in tethered mode as a modem.

Oh, and I solved my Belkin F8T001v2 BT adapter issue by replacing it with a new D-LINK DBT120.

Good luck.... YMMV
    Last edited by krock; 06/09/2006 at 08:43 AM.
    yep.
    I've got the D-Link DBT120, and I cannot make it work. Two questions:

- your post says BDBT 120 (is this correct, or did you add a B on the front)

- what do you mean open up the secure drivers? you mean no passcode, cause I couldn't get that to work
    Yep, typo on the model # - I have corrected.

You need to set the driver software to not require a secure connection for the serial connection. That make sense? Nothing to do with pairing or passcode.

Something else you need to ensure is that you only have one BT radio listed in device manager and that it says the model # of your device, not generic or Microsoft - if not you need to do further steps.
    yep.
    Ok, long story short, I have BT sync working on my T40 (BT II) and on T42 (BT III). Here is how:

<snip>
    Excellent! Thanks for this info. I've got BT hotsync working now on my T42 as well!
    Krock,

I'm having the same problem with a Treo 700p, bluetooth USB dongle, and a T41. Any idea how I can get this working?

Thanks!
    Ok, I was able to pair up to an IBM T43 and T42 but not my T40 (IBM Integrated Bluetooth II vs. the III and IV) or my Belkin F8T001 ver 2 USB key. Guess I will go get a new USB key and swap out my laptop radio. Bummer.
    I have a T40 and struggled with this earlier today, but I seem to have found the winning combination just as I was reading these threads for ideas. What changed was there YET ANOTHER COM port dialog box that is accessed thru the services tray icon that I never saw until just now. I did something and it autoconfigured itself a port on COM10, and everything came to life and now it works fine after getting the "com port in use" error all afternoon.

PM me if you want to walk thru config.

Hope this helps..

Mike.......
    Yep, typo on the model # - I have corrected.

You need to set the driver software to not require a secure connection for the serial connection. That make sense? Nothing to do with pairing or passcode.

Something else you need to ensure is that you only have one BT radio listed in device manager and that it says the model # of your device, not generic or Microsoft - if not you need to do further steps.
    I can't find this setting either. Is this native to WinXP SP2, or is it part of the software you've installed with your BT adapter?
    Krock...you rock! I spent so much time screwing with BT HotSync on my T42 and your driver link was very helpful. I dont understand why the default BT drivers dont have the utilities that those came with. I even installed the BT drivers according to my system tag, and it was only a 320k driver.

Another thing that boggles my mind is how BT Hotsyncing was working perfectly for my for about a week..and then completely stops.

Go to here and read up for all the details.

1) uninstall both BT devices in device mgr
    2) Rename bth.inf and bth.PNF files in c:\windows\inf (or equiv path) to .old
    3) DL the bthwxp1o.exe file from Lenovo/IBM
    4) Extract those files but do not install software yet.
    5) Load the driver manually from those files for the BT device
    6) Install the rest of the software
    7) Spend ?? minutes figuring out that you should just use the BT wizard to setup your connection to the 700 isntaead of farting around trying to do it manually

That's it - worked on both my T42 and T40 laptops (the T40 took a reboot in the middle, but the T42 did not). I can now hot sync via BT and also connect in tethered mode as a modem.

Oh, and I solved my Belkin F8T001v2 BT adapter issue by replacing it with a new D-LINK DBT120.

Good luck.... YMMV
    There is another place to check - Bluetooth Places - My Device - check the services/icons listed - those that have an X next to them are not enabled. Enable them and see what happens. When enabling them, enable them to start automatically. Ben
    I'm sure the difficulty I'm having with pairing is my inability to find Bluetooth Places and the settings you're referring to.

The only configuration options are found in Control Panel: Bluetooth Devices. Others have mentioned that I can find additional settings by clicking on the BT icon in the system tray, but on my Dell, doing this only brings up the same settings found in Control Panel.

Am I missing something, or is there additional software I need to install?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast