Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Has anyone had a chance to test the 700p with any browsers other than Blazer; e.g. WebPro, Xiino, Opera Mini?

Are there any compatibility issues?
    How does the speed compare?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Iwas surprised to find that in total time to completely download the treocentral.com/store/....
    Xiino took :57 and 700p Blazer took :43 (650 Blazer used to take up to 2:45sec)
    Yeah, I think the real question is with blazer 4.5 as good as it is on the 700p, why would you want another browser?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I guess I am already getting greedy.
    As good as I hear that Blazer is with the 700p, I thought the others might be even better.

Jeff
    jt999, that's what I was wondering as well.

So now the outstanding question is: how fast is the new Blazer when run on the 650 (assuming someone can get it to run on the 650)?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I just tried WebProV on my 700P. It causes resets. I'm looking for a browser that I can log into my bank account with. So far I was able to do it once with Opera Mini, but it doesn't work too well for me. I had to do a couple of soft resets with it as it froze during the login process. Xiino doesn't work for the bank account and Blazer doesn't either. I don't know of any other browsers.
    Hmm...I can log into my bank just fine with blazer.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I have not had any crashes with WebPro.
    I find I am using WebPro more and Blazer less.

I like the functionality of Blazer, however I can get to more websites (including my e-banking) with WebPro. I think I like the graphics as well or better with WebPro, and the speed is about the same for me.

Unlike Blazer, WebPro does not force me to stripped down mobile websites.

I think I will be using Blazer primarily for audio/video streaming and using WebPro for the rest.

By the way, I have tried Xiino on the 700p and it seems to run very well.
    I just don't like the graphics as much.

Jeff
    Webpro works fine for me. Same speed as blazer it seems.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Webpro works fine for me. Same speed as blazer it seems.
    There is actually several versions of Webpro floating around. There is Webpro v3.01a which seems to work well with my 700p, then there is Webpro v 3.5 which is the latest and best feature rich version. I havent had a chance to try 3.5 yet. As soon as I do i will report.

If I remember correctly, Webpro 3.5 worked for my old Treo 600 but did not for my Treo 650 prob because of NVFS
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I can confirm that Webpro 3.5 works on 700p!! and if I'm not mistaken it may rival the new Blazer 4.5
    Webpro will allow me to view larger webpages that have lots of images. Blazer seems to struggle with lots of images.
    What's the difference between Web Pro 3.01 and 3.5?

Migs, are you on Sprint or Verizon? Any Verizon users have success with Web Pro 3.5?

Does Web Pro 3.5 let you change your home page successfully? Whenever I did this on my V650 with 3.01, it would cause a reset.

Damon
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Where can I get Webpro?