Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Maybe someone covered this elsewhere (hard to sort thru all the 700p threads), but instead of $40 or $50/month for PAM (as posted in multiple threads and at http://powervision.sprint.com/mobile...ans/index.html ), Sprint's website is now offering " Flexible Data Plan for Phone as Modem" for $25/month. They're offering the 1st month for free, and unlimited data for 1st month after which "use the MB included in your plan." I can't find a specification of how many MB are included.

Anyone know more?
    $40 a month unlimited offer ended on 5/21: http://powervision.sprint.com/mobile...ans/index.html

No mention if they are even offering it at any price now.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by opensecret
    Maybe someone covered this elsewhere (hard to sort thru all the 700p threads), but instead of $40 or $50/month for PAM (as posted in multiple threads and at http://powervision.sprint.com/mobile...ans/index.html ), Sprint's website is now offering " Flexible Data Plan for Phone as Modem" for $25/month. They're offering the 1st month for free, and unlimited data for 1st month after which "use the MB included in your plan." I can't find a specification of how many MB are included. Anyone know more?
    40 MB is included up to a cap of 60 dollars which essentially becomes unlimited. The flat unlimited tethering plan is $50 although it shouldn't be too hard to get the $40 per month promotional rate. All PAM plans include unlimited usage on the handset and the unlimited plans require a new 2 yr. Contract.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Sorry for this confusion, but I thought, that you still had to sign up for the 15/20/or 25 dollar plan (depending on which channels you want for TV) *in addition* to unlimited PAM plan if you want that on the 700P along with unlimited tethering...
    The $25 and $40 unlimited plan both cover unlimited usage on the handset itself. No need for 15/20/25 + 25/40.

Actually 40 dollar unlimited tethering plan is supposed to have gone up to 50 dollars but I guess it shouldn't be too hard to get for the previous price of 40 dollars.
    I called Sprint AFTER the 21st and asked to document my account that I want the unlimited for $40.

Sprint totally dropped the ball on the 700p release, so it figures that the darn promotion ends BEFORE the phone is in people's hands. Geez!
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzkids
    I called Sprint AFTER the 21st and asked to document my account that I want the unlimited for $40.

Sprint totally dropped the ball on the 700p release, so it figures that the darn promotion ends BEFORE the phone is in people's hands. Geez!
    Does that mean you could not get it?
    I'd love to get the $40 unl, and pay the ETF on my data card.

Anyone know a way to get this for the $40?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

We're struggling with the new PAM pricing at work as we have hundreds of Treos rolled out and are considering rolling out 700ps.

Since EVDO phones can't do PAM and voice at the same time and most of our sales reps/support staff need to do both simultaneously, it makes sense to have EVDO laptop cards at $60/month and basic PowerVision for the phones at $15/month.

For consumers who don't use PAM much, let's hope junefabrics.com PDANet will allow doing PAM on the basic PowerVision acct.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    So has anybody here actually called sprint to add the $25 Flexible Data Plan for Phone as Modem Pak that sprint is offering on their website. I am wondering how many MB you are allotted after the first free month of unlimited.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolstorm92
    So has anybody here actually called sprint to add the $25 Flexible Data Plan for Phone as Modem Pak that sprint is offering on their website. I am wondering how many MB you are allotted after the first free month of unlimited.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=115986

cant beat free
    All:
    Contrary to the Sprint web site. Sprint is not allowing customers to add the $25 Phone as modem plan. I had to drop Ultimate Vision and get a phone as modem plan for $39.99. I complained VERY strongly that in Texas such "advertising" on the website would make Sprint possibly subject to the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices law. Ultimately I was given a 20% reoccuring discount on a 2yr plan on ALL monthly reoccuring charges in addition to other discounts I already receive. I'm good with that. Like many of you Sprint is really screwing the pooch on this roll out!!!!