1.    #1  
    At work, we are standardized on the 650 for remote email access, etc. We'll be evaluating the 700p for future consideratoin. But from a practical sense you have to ask, is the 700p for power users only when the 650 is half as much?

You basically get EVDO, >2GB SD card support, 1.3Mpix cam and slightly better Bluetooth. EVDO cannot be used to laptop at same time as voice calls. Our salepeople and most support staff need voice while pulling up sales information on the Net. They now have EVDO laptop cards so having EVDO on the phone is moot when it can't be used simultaneously. I suppose >2GB cards could be useful for power users but in general for our salepeople, they don't even use SD cards on the phone. For those who need to take pics for business purposes, they will have a higher quality cam, a 1.3Mpix cam won't be good enough.

So does it make practical sense to consider 700p for business when the 650 suffices for non-power users, and now under $200?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    The 650 is still a very respectable device. Even more so if they ever release blackberry connect officially. With a better price point it is still very attractive, especially for those who don't really need the EVDO.
    You also have to consider the increase in available memory. That alone may make it a good deal for some business users.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by swagner
    The 650 is still a very respectable device. Even more so if they ever release blackberry connect officially. With a better price point it is still very attractive, especially for those who don't really need the EVDO.
    I just ordered it for my wife today for $99. She doesn't care 'bout evdo and the better camera. She just wanted a phone and pda. What a deal.
    Yup, the 650 is a great deal at this price. I'd like to get his and hers 700p's, but depending on what's available from the SERO site in the next couple of weeks, I might just get my wife a 650 as an upgrade from her 600.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Where is the $650 available for that price, used or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiPimp
    Where is the $650 available for that price, used or what?
    I bought it through retentions this morning. That includes my wifes $150 upgrade rebate. I also got them to give me $200 in credits (on top of my $75 instant rebate) when I get the 700. Whenever that is...lol.
    Yeah I've got $200 in credit noted on my account. Wonder if I could swing that 2 plus 150 upgrade rebate on a 700.
    I too must be out of the loop. I see Palm has a 650 for $449. I qualify for a $75 upgrade. $200, what am I missing? I'm not out of contract until Nov 06 and my wife just renewed her plan when we got a 650. I feel like I have no leverage with Sprint.
    Enjoy the low 650 prices while they last. They are on the End of Life list for Sprint and probably Verizon as well.

They're cheap beause they aren't being built for CDMA any longer. The same will probably happen to GSM devices when the "hollywood" is released.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Yeah I saw an EoL list from Sprint and it showed the 650 on it. Listed as being EoL at the end of May I think.
  12.    #12  
    Sprint keeps changing price on the 650 on their site. Was $200 when I first posted this thread. Was $250 over this weekend. Now back to $200.

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...PcsPhones.html

I wonder if this is until stock lasts. If Palm still manufactures 650s for Cingular, will Palm continue to make CDMA versions?
  13.    #13  
    Verizon is $250 for 650 on their website...
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=1741