1.    #1  
    Anyone try Earthcomber? Does it work like TomTom or atleast, will it get me to a good restaurant in the area?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    I tried this...it found it to be too slow. I really wanted to like it because I could really use it.

Perhaps the slowness was because I loaded manhattan and there's possibly too much information in the area.. I'd be interested in what others have to say.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    I tried this...it found it to be too slow. I really wanted to like it because I could really use it.

Perhaps the slowness was because I loaded manhattan and there's possibly too much information in the area.. I'd be interested in what others have to say.
    You think it would work better on the 700p?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    You think it would work better on the 700p?
    hard to say...I was kind of turned off by it so I'm not sure I'll try it again. i may, but i really don't expect too much performance-wise from the 700p.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    It is cool in concept but even on a fast SD card, it is pretty slow/impractical in operation on my 650.
    I use Earthcomber whenever I'm in another town, and yeah it's a little pokey, but I don't have a GPS so I update manually, so perhaps I don't notice it as being a problem.

It's free and has lots of ways to customize what you see, I love it.