Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ah, well good to know! Thanks...

I feel kind of dumb that it was on the website though lol. Oh well. Has anyone tried to call them to try to set up a NEW account with the treo 700p with the new line activation price (400 or lower) on SERO? From what I've heard, Sprint is pretty good about trying to get new customers so I think its possible..
    this is what i was told when i called SPRINT (not inphonic which is running SERO).

If I want to get the 700P with a SERO plan all I would have to do is call Sprint customer care and ask for the 700P and the SERO plan. Otherwise if I could not get it I would just cancel my service. I do not think they would let that happen.
    I called customer service aprox. 3 times before I talked to someone that changed my existing plan to the the SERO plan in the middle of May. It is in my notes that when I am able to finally get the 700P I will upgrade to the powervision. I then called retention and they upgraded my plan to nights starting at 7pm and 500 text messages at n/c for the next 2 years. I also got 10% off my monthly bill. And then they gave me 200.00 credit towards my bill to offset the price of the 700p. And I qualify for the 150.00 phone upgrade plus 10% off. Which all said and done retention said the phone would end up costing me aprox. 330.00. I changed both my phone and my husbands phone this way. We have been a Sprint customer since 1996.
    do you think sprint would go that far (the treo for close to 300) for a potential new customer?
    What do you have to lose by calling and see what you can get. If you find a rep that is not helpful hang up and try again. That is what I had to do a couple of times. The idea to try this came from the people posting on the threads here and has saved me a lot of money on my bill and phone.
    yeah, I think I'll do that. I want to wait until my billing cycle restarts for my credit card so this isnt on this months...you know what I'm getting at I'm sure.

I can then switch over from tmobile and sell my tmobile phone too. W00t!
    Quote Originally Posted by mademan118
    this is what i was told when i called SPRINT (not inphonic which is running SERO).

If I want to get the 700P with a SERO plan all I would have to do is call Sprint customer care and ask for the 700P and the SERO plan. Otherwise if I could not get it I would just cancel my service. I do not think they would let that happen.
    I'm trying this route since the 700p is not listed on the SERO site. I called Sprint telesales and asked for the 700p w/ the SERO1250 plan. The 700p STILL isn't available to Sprint telesales! She said it would be at least a week before it's available! Unreal! She said I could order it from the website though. When I mentioned I wanted the SERO plan, she then referred me to web support. The web support person also confirmed that the 700p is not available yet. Finally (and this is important), she said it's not listed on the inphonic SERO site either because it's not in stock through Sprint yet.

This gives me hope that that once telesales gets the 700p, it will then go live on the SERO site (and other channel partners' sites for that matter).
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I called Sprint (various areas) over the last couple of days, probably 4 times total. The last time I called directly to retention as my understanding is that they are more qualified there. I mentioned I am a long time Cingular customer looking to move over to Sprint and the 700p. They said they could certainly do that but they would have to transfer me to activations ( I started getting excited ). I spoke to Sergio in telesales (not activations per se) and he said he would be happy to help me with that, but they do not show the phone in their system yet, he took my phone number and said he would call me as soon as it was available, but he said he they thought it would be Tuesday or Wednesday. I asked and he verified 3 times that I could get the phone and sign up for SERO through him (as opposed to the SERO site). Hope this helps, I will believe it when I see it I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    I called Sprint (various areas) over the last couple of days, probably 4 times total. The last time I called directly to retention as my understanding is that they are more qualified there. I mentioned I am a long time Cingular customer looking to move over to Sprint and the 700p. They said they could certainly do that but they would have to transfer me to activations ( I started getting excited ). I spoke to Sergio in telesales (not activations per se) and he said he would be happy to help me with that, but they do not show the phone in their system yet, he took my phone number and said he would call me as soon as it was available, but he said he they thought it would be Tuesday or Wednesday. I asked and he verified 3 times that I could get the phone and sign up for SERO through him (as opposed to the SERO site). Hope this helps, I will believe it when I see it I guess.
    Thanks for the info! To confirm: Sergio was in telesales? 1-800-SPRINT1? Thanks!
    Hope to be able to get the 700P with SERO.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoHoTreo
    Thanks for the info! To confirm: Sergio was in telesales? 1-800-SPRINT1? Thanks!
    I assume he was in general telesales, but again, I got xferred there from retention. I asked if he had an extension I could call him back if I needed to and he said they don't have individual extensions there. I am just hoping for a call in the next 2 days ...
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    I wouldn't hold my breath. This seems to be completely different from all other postings and my personal experience with calling Sprint Telesales, Retention and directly to the SERO plan people. Good Luck. I hope you are able to get it. If so, maybe you can let the rest of us know how to contact this guy as it seems that he is the only one that can accomplish what we want.
    I am proud to say that I am now a Sprint customer with the SERO 1250 plan and a Palm 700p. I ordered from Palm and received the phone today. I called the SERO phone number and they did not even ask my Sprint employee's name.

Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    So did you get the new subscriber discount on tne 700p (e.g. you ordered with another plan and switched) or did you pay full price?
    I picked a plan as a new subscriber on the Palm website and was told that Sprint would handle the $150 rebate. I called SERO directly today to get the phone activated, setup on SERO and get my number ported over.

The Sprint rep said I would have a $150 credit on my account. I will verify that later once I am able to log into my account online.
    So now I'm confused. When you place an order for service on the palm website, doesn't it automatically give you the money off and then automatically set up a plan for you? Or does it charge you full price either way, and then you're supposed to get a mail-in rebate when you signup for the plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I picked a plan as a new subscriber on the Palm website and was told that Sprint would handle the $150 rebate. I called SERO directly today to get the phone activated, setup on SERO and get my number ported over.

The Sprint rep said I would have a $150 credit on my account. I will verify that later once I am able to log into my account online.

You got lucky, I just talked with a SERO rep and he said buying the phone first with a normal plan and then trying to switch it over to a SERO plan will not always work...just depends on who answers the phone.

He did on the other hand say that they would be carrying the phone shortly, as soon as it is on the inphonic website. Take it for what its worth...
    stroths, I bought from Palm as an existing subscriber, so I paid the full price. When I get my 700p, do you think I can call the SERO line and activate it as a new line and get a $150 credit applied to my account? IOW, if you're calling the SERO line after the fact, do they even know how you bought the phone to begin with?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by dordal
    So now I'm confused. When you place an order for service on the palm website, doesn't it automatically give you the money off and then automatically set up a plan for you? Or does it charge you full price either way, and then you're supposed to get a mail-in rebate when you signup for the plan?
    If you buy through palm, they give you a $100 instant discount if you sign up with Sprint. Then its up to Sprint to give you the $150. You do pick a plan on the Palm site, but when you call Sprint to activate the phone, you can pick whatever plan you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    stroths, I bought from Palm as an existing subscriber, so I paid the full price. When I get my 700p, do you think I can call the SERO line and activate it as a new line and get a $150 credit applied to my account? IOW, if you're calling the SERO line after the fact, do they even know how you bought the phone to begin with?
    I did tell them how I bought it, but they will communicate with Palm at some point (according to Palm). I can't say if your situation will work as I don't know how it works for existing customers. However, the number I called was 866-250-2221 and I got right through without any hold time.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast