Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been using Goodlink with great success over the last few years.

However I am starting my own company, and I will have 7 employees, and the hosted exchange soultion is getting way to expensive.

I am running Small Biz Server / Exchange 2003.....

3 of the employees, will be using 650's, and we want to wirelessly synch email

Any recomendations?

I would love to keep goodlink, but I cant see me spending the $$$ for the server and annual fees.

Cip
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    If all you need is email sync OTA, then why not enable IMAP on your exchange server and use Chatter? You can get push mail functionality this way.

Your employees would still need to sync their calendar, contacts, etc using their sync cables.

Chatter Forum Link
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    GoodLink SBS version. It goes through our SBS VARs. Not sure of the pricing since we don't sell it direct. If you are interested, PM me and I can provide the contact info.
  4.    #4  
    Ok...sent you a pm thanks

Cip
  5.    #5  
    Well Sad to Say that Good has missed the boat with SBS....Its 2,000 for 5 users....and that just does not make sense for most small companies.

Its an awesome product and Im sorry I will have to let it go, and I sure understand that Good has to charge a hefty fee for all the development costs.

I will take a spin with Chatter....

Thanks for the replies

Cip
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipro
    Well Sad to Say that Good has missed the boat with SBS....Its 2,000 for 5 users....and that just does not make sense for most small companies.

Its an awesome product and Im sorry I will have to let it go, and I sure understand that Good has to charge a hefty fee for all the development costs.

I will take a spin with Chatter....

Thanks for the replies

Cip
    HOLY CRIPES! $2,000 for 5 users? I had been quoted high numbers like that in the past by Good and then GoodGuy assaulted me and claimed I was way off base and was much cheaper then that (I think he said $99 a year which for 5 users would be $500 versus the $80 a month I was quoted by Good. Looks like another disconnect).

Turns out I was right it is way to expensive. Try Chatter. If Marc wrote chatter for PPC I would be on it in a heartbeat.
    Wrong again, Gharrod. Let's do some simple math since that seems to be about the only way you can understand this:

$80 a month works out to $960 a year per user. For 5 users, that is $4,800 a year.

Now, the real price:

$1,999 one time fee for the GoodLink server and 5 users. Additional users are $99 each, one time, when purchased as singles, with discounts when purchased in quantities.

So, yes, you were way off. However, I do applaud your continual..what is the word you used...assault on me and a product about which you yourself have admitted you know nothing about. One thing you are right about, however, is the disconnect. Check your connections.
  8.    #8  
    What if I become a reseller of goodlink....lots of these jack *** firms seem to be VAR's that know nothing of the product, I spoke to 3 yesterday, and they were clueless about the product.

I should get the server software for free as many referrals as I have made...5 companies that I know of are running GL and BES that were BES only before I told them what morons they were....

Again, I hate to leave goodlink, but I only have 3 that need it and 650+ per user is out of the realm of possibility....

Cip
    Last edited by Cipro; 05/31/2006 at 01:16 PM.
    Hence the reason we are down to about 10 resellers and are revamping our VAR program.

Being that you are looking at three users, hosted may be the best way to go. I know that themessagecenter.com charge $9.95 for Exchange and $9.95 for GoodLink, so $19.90 a month per user. 3 users would be $59.70 a month or $716.40 per year for all three.
  10.    #10  
    My original post states that I the hosted exchange thing is getting to expensive.
    Cip..

I saw that. I just wanted to point out the cost differences. Unfortunately, GoodLink was not really designed for smaller businesses, though I wish we did have a solution for you.
    I can't help it if your sales people tried to soak me on the price "HENCE" I went elsewhere, $2000 for 5 users is not the pricing you described in earlier threads.
    I quoted $99 a user in earlier threads. The server is $1,500. So, to make it perfectly clear:

$99 x 5 = $495
    $1,500 for the server
    Included is 6 months of support

Purchase the CAL's in quantity, the price per license drops.

Now, with that being said, you can stop lying by saying you were quoted $80 a month by anyone at Good. We have NEVER had monthly pricing in any way, shape or form. We had an annual subscription model before we switched from direct to indirect model through the carriers. Never a monthly and certainly nowhere near $80 a month. Show me a quote, give me a sales person's name, any proof outside of your constant trolling and baiting. You can't.

You already admitted you didn't know the price, then all of a sudden, you came up with some $80 a month number. So, yes, I am saying you are lying.
    They quoted me that. I am not lying. Others have told me they were quoted similar rates and at this moment I wish I did have the email available but I just don't. And please stop referrring to me as a troll. You are the one in here promoting your business at the expense of TC. That by definition makes you the troll. "Hence" it is obvious how that became your favorite name for anyone you disagree with.

If you do not like my opinions and facts you have the ability to set me to ignore and you don't have to read what I type. Name calling is not mature nor is it doing well for the Good name.
    Your opinions are one thing and you are most certainly entitled to them. However, your constant history of posting completely incorrect information stating it as fact, your insistance at posting completely irrelevant, off-topic posts is not disagreement. It is baiting, pure and simple. I will not sit back and let you spread disinformation. The fact that I counter your points with data, you immediately become defensive and your only retort is to claim shilling or promoting my product.

I have offered you many times to the option to start a thread to discuss the merits or any product versus GoodLink. People are more than welcome to disagree with me and I actually enjoy discussing and debating. However, I am not promoting my business at the expense of TC. TC provided the GoodLink sub-forum at the request of the USERS, not me.
    there are way to many threads with negative and problem comments on Goodlink...that speaks for itself...
    As there are threads about problems with the 650, the 700 and everything else out there. Head over to blackberryforums, and there negative and problem comments on the Blackberry. Show me a forum about any product and I will show you threads with negative comments.

That being said, seems this thread has run its course.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    there are way to many threads with negative and problem comments on Goodlink...that speaks for itself...
    And many, many people here that are happy with Good.

And very appreciative of the time Good Guy spends here to help out!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  19.    #19  
    Ya I think its cool GoodGuy spends time here...

Im not mad, Im sad...but I understand....Companies cant afford to sell products that cost millions and millions to develop and support for 39.00 flat 1 time fee.....

Im not in the target market....just part of being a small business.....

Good rocks...and I imagine one day I will have it again.

Cip
    <<hands the Badguy kleenex for his tears
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast