Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, I resigned myself to the fact that the release date for Sprint stores got pushed back till 6/4 (at least for most of them), but had hoped I'd still be able to order today online or from telesales. No such luck! I have a business acct, and evidently their telesales is not open. Just a recording to call back during regular business hours. And on the website it seems my only choice would be to pay full price without a plan. The business site just asks you to call business telesales, does not even give the option of purchasing online.
    Dude, telesales opens in 6 minutes.
  3.    #3  
    I already spoke to 2 reps this am, who tried to transfer me to a business rep. Guess I'll try again!
    Sorry, 1 more hour. They open at 9am CENTRAL time.
    I ordered my phone through telesales. I called at 8am originally and the first rep I spoke to said the 700p wasn't in the system. I told the rep that it was on the website but he claimed I needed to call back later. I called back 10 minutes later and a rep allowed me to order the phone. She said it wasn't in the system yet either but that she knew for a fact the system was being updated to include the phone. I ordered it and she applied all the credits. She said she'd call me back to confirm but that I'd most likely have it on Tuesday.

I tried that SERO thingy to no avail. Rep said she needed a fax with a sprint employees pay stub and work ID. I was also told that if I tried this online later, someone from Sprint would call me back and request similar information to confirm the employees identity. They said they've had a lot of fraudulent uses. Not sure how it's fraudulent if you're using an email address given to you by a sprint employee, but oh well.

I've done what I can to order my 700p. Now the waiting begins...
    If you go onto the sprint site for business and then onto the consumer site, you'll find that it is priced cheaper on the consumer site!!!! What Up???
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Prince
    I ordered my phone through telesales. I called at 8am originally and the first rep I spoke to said the 700p wasn't in the system. I told the rep that it was on the website but he claimed I needed to call back later. I called back 10 minutes later and a rep allowed me to order the phone. She said it wasn't in the system yet either but that she knew for a fact the system was being updated to include the phone. I ordered it and she applied all the credits. She said she'd call me back to confirm but that I'd most likely have it on Tuesday.

I tried that SERO thingy to no avail. Rep said she needed a fax with a sprint employees pay stub and work ID. I was also told that if I tried this online later, someone from Sprint would call me back and request similar information to confirm the employees identity. They said they've had a lot of fraudulent uses. Not sure how it's fraudulent if you're using an email address given to you by a sprint employee, but oh well.

I've done what I can to order my 700p. Now the waiting begins...

how much is your total?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    how much is your total?
    I did not get a total and I think that's because the phone was not yet in the system. She said she believed the phone, after applied sprint credits would be $429. (She said that's what it showed on the website and I qualified for 2year contract price.) On top of that I qualify for a 27% government discount. She wanted to call me back to confirm the purchase AFTER the phone is placed in the system. I told her, of course, I would be cancelling my order if the price deviated from what she told me. She said she would apply additional credits if necessary to make me a new sprint customer.
    I ordered my phone through telesales. I called at 8am originally ...
    What number did you call? *2 and the toll feee # both get me a closed until 9am central message.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    What number did you call? *2 and the toll feee # both get me a closed until 9am central message.
    There was a number on the 700p sprint webpage. I went back to provide the link and it's gone. ???? I luckily pulled up redial on my phone.

number is 1-888-253-1315
    Yea, I just called and they still say that it's not in the system. I asked if they price match and they say they couldn't. What up with that. If I new they were going to do that I would have just ordered it through palm a week ago.
    There was a number on the 700p sprint webpage. I went back to provide the link and it's gone. ???? I luckily pulled up redial on my phone.

number is 1-888-253-1315
    Thanks Diana, I'll give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by master1m
    Yea, I just called and they still say that it's not in the system.
    I got the same nonsense. He said the system is updating now, and even the online people are having difficulty getting orders through. I was his third call this morning for the 700. He put me in line for a call-back when available.
    They told me be to call back tomorrow
    of course, no suprise, if you go to the website as a new customer the order goes through fine. typical - and sprint wonders why they have the highest churn (cancellation) rate of all the majors.
    called *2 at 10 CT. rep couldn't order and sent me to telesales who immediately told me that I could order on the website, but not via telesales or sprint store until "next week".

can u order via web w/o 2yr contract? I just want 1yr...to much of an early adopter to be bound for >1yr.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    If your a new customer you get free shipping and free activation
    gee, they have had, what, 2-3 months to get ready for this day and they can't get it into their system on time? Even if they were keeping it out of the system until today, there was plenty of time between midnight and 8am to update - well, I take that back - Sprint's computer systems seem to be pretty ancient.

Wow, and the 650 is still $299 on the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4spammers
    called *2 at 10 CT. rep couldn't order and sent me to telesales who immediately told me that I could order on the website, but not via telesales or sprint store until "next week".

can u order via web w/o 2yr contract? I just want 1yr...to much of an early adopter to be bound for >1yr.
    I'm a current Nextel customer and if I order from the website I could be penalized for ending my contract early (I got this from a rep so take it for what it's worth.) If I have it done over the phone there is no penalty. So my hands are sort of tied.
    I was on the phone with Sprint for 45 minutes while they took all my information. Then told me they couldn't sell me the 700p even though we were talking about it the whole time. I'm jumping to Verizon to take advantage of the 399 price vs. the $529 on Sprint with the upgrade program. I'll be paying $20 more a month but service on Verizon is better here than Sprint, particularly in my high-rise apartment. It makes me sad to leave Sprint but they blew this launch big time.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast