Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    I was on the phone with Sprint for 45 minutes while they took all my information. Then told me they couldn't sell me the 700p even though we were talking about it the whole time. I'm jumping to Verizon to take advantage of the 399 price vs. the $529 on Sprint with the upgrade program. I'll be paying $20 more a month but service on Verizon is better here than Sprint, particularly in my high-rise apartment. It makes me sad to leave Sprint but they blew this launch big time.

    Hi vflopez!

    Coverage before price -- always.

    However, if you cannot get the $429 pricing from Sprint -- are you still in contract? What about the early termination fee?

    As well, $20 times 24 months is $240. That plus $399 is $639 vs. the $539 upgrade price, and if you stay with Verizon forever . . . . . .

    I would talk to retention -- if you are out of contract or close to it --- they may give your the $429.

    Cheers, Perry.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I would talk to retention -- if you are out of contract or close to it --- they may give your the $429.
    Thanks, Perry. I probably could have gotten the extra $100 off, but I got fed up with them after they wasted my time this morning. I'm resigned to paying Verizon prices because I've been in denial about the Sprint service in my apartment on the 32nd floor - voice is almost unusable, but oddly data is OK. My wife's Verizon phone works perfectly, however, so at least this way I'll be able to use my minutes at home and people will actually be able to call me there on my cell phone, so I don't have to give out my home number. I'll pretend the extra money is for the upgrade to EV-DO.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    I'll pretend the extra money is for the upgrade to EV-DO.
    "Denial" is a river in Africa...
  4. #24  
    This is quite fun to watch as a GSM user. You guys have all the the cool of a 15 year old about to go out on a date where he might reach second base.

    Of course, I will have my knickers tied in knots, too, when the 700 comes to GSM-land. Enjoy!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    Thanks, Perry. I probably could have gotten the extra $100 off, but I got fed up with them after they wasted my time this morning. I'm resigned to paying Verizon prices because I've been in denial about the Sprint service in my apartment on the 32nd floor - voice is almost unusable, but oddly data is OK. My wife's Verizon phone works perfectly, however, so at least this way I'll be able to use my minutes at home and people will actually be able to call me there on my cell phone, so I don't have to give out my home number. I'll pretend the extra money is for the upgrade to EV-DO.

    Coverage is first !!

    Then you will also have free calls with wifey.

  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    This is quite fun to watch as a GSM user. You guys have all the the cool of a 15 year old about to go out on a date where he might reach second base.

    Of course, I will have my knickers tied in knots, too, when the 700 comes to GSM-land. Enjoy!
    Dude, I scored. It was awesome. And knowing I was the first to touch her like that. Plugging that charger in, watching her respond to my every touch. It was as wonderful and beautiful as I always thought it would be.

    Ok, my batteries are recharged, gonna have another go at her.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Dude, I scored. It was awesome. And knowing I was the first to touch her like that. Plugging that charger in, watching her respond to my every touch. It was as wonderful and beautiful as I always thought it would be.

    Ok, my batteries are recharged, gonna have another go at her.




  8. Lee B's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    #28  
    As others have reported, every rep and every store has a different story. A telesales rep I just talked to said 700p isn't available. When I said some people have ordered them today, she said, "They got lucky. We had some earlier but don't now. Try back later." But she didn't know how much later.

    Right now, if you're trying to get the discounts, it seems that the CSRs can only (a) tell you to to go to a Sprint store, or (b) refer you to telesales. (Telesales direct # is 877-814-7493.) Here in Kansas City (Sprint's historic corporate HQ), no store reports having them in. Estimates range from "we expect a shipment Thursday," to "a few weeks," to "don't know."

    Maybe Sprint figured that only a few rabid geeks would be trying to buy a Treo on Memorial Day weekend, and they didn't need to get their act together yet.
  9. jjd
    jjd is offline
    jjd's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by opensecret
    Maybe Sprint figured that only a few rabid geeks would be trying to buy a Treo on Memorial Day weekend, and they didn't need to get their act together yet.
    More likely, sprint just doesn't care whether you buy the phone today or next week and knows that five days here or there doesn't make any difference to their bottom line.
  10. #30  
    Utter freaking nonsense!
  11. #31  
    Sprint telesales just told me the 700 will not be in their system until Thursday 6/1. He said that even the internet sales were not processing yet (second time I heard this).
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Sprint telesales just told me the 700 will not be in their system until Thursday 6/1. He said that even the internet sales were not processing yet (second time I heard this).
    I just heard the same. I also heard I'm going to have to shell out $529.99 for this thing because I'm not buying it online and can't get the extra $100 off.
  13. #33  
    They just told me that the 700 won't be in there system until next monday. through telesales or the internet. I might just order though palm. Since sprint doesn't know what they are doing .
  14.    #34  
    This no longer strikes me as a product launch. Kinda seems more like premature ejaculation...more of a trickle, which fails to satisfy anyone involved.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    This no longer strikes me as a product launch. Kinda seems more like premature ejaculation...more of a trickle, which fails to satisfy anyone involved.
    as completely gross as that was...
  16.    #36  
    Sorry. I guess I'm just disgusted. Should have turned edit mode on.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions