Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Or is this problem fixed in the Treo 700p?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    I got into one of those loops with Verizon tech support on the line. Happened only once. Then again, I've only had the phone for a day.

Anyone else?
    After about 30 hours of playing with it (the phone), not a single reset. Or needed a reset. I know this is not a long time for a test, but it's all I got.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I got some resets, but I think they might have happened because I tried to restore the saved preferences file from the 650 instead of resetting all the preferences fresh for each program. Once I did the latter, everything seemed to work OK, except that Docs to Go gave me a reset. I think DTG is still a bit buggy.
    3 days and no reset.
    It will need to be reset occasionally. The frequency will probably depend on the mix of third-party apps you install. Just like a PC that is left running constantly. With a fresh windows install you can leave a PC on for weeks or months and won't need to reset but we all know what happens when we start loading and using apps. Installing the wrong app makes all the difference.
    not too bad - got some resets with Agendus, and xWeather - some freeze ups also - I guess its the software that we need to wait for to be updated for the 700
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace
    I got some resets, but I think they might have happened because I tried to restore the saved preferences file from the 650 instead of resetting all the preferences fresh for each program. Once I did the latter, everything seemed to work OK, except that Docs to Go gave me a reset. I think DTG is still a bit buggy.
    Heck, I got resets on the 650 between software updates if I kept the saved preferences. Other than when I kept that file when I upgraded, I never ever got resets on my Sprint 650 in a year and a half. Guess I was lucky.
    I've played with my 700p for a day now.

I did the unwise thing and used my RescoBackup from the SD card from my 650 because I just didn't have that much time. I think I had one reset pretty quickly that wiped my saved preference file, but none since.

I'm very happy with my 700p.
    The 600 and 650 are plagued by resets. While I wish that it would be different in the 700p, I doubt it.

The problem is the ten year old OS....I doubt an 0.0.1 version increase between the 650 to 700 will make a difference.

But I hold out hope...maybe instead of 10 resets a day, I'll only have 5.
    I've had the 700p since Friday and only Sketcher has caused resets. It is an old drawing app and when I would exit, the Treo would reset. I removed the program and all is well. Other than that, it has been rock solid.
    I know it might seem silly, but when I get my 700p, I'm just going to redownload and reinstall all the programs. I've got the passwords in my SplashID (one of the best programs out there, IMHO) and I think I'd rather do that than risk having to do a hard reset. It actually doesn't that that long, and I don't mind sitting down with a cup of coffee, my new 700p, and starting from scratch for an hour or so.
    Just had my first reset in 3 days. I was looking around in On Demand. It froze while I was reading an article. About a minute later it soft reset itself. At least the phone was on after the reset.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

reset during update for weather in "On Demand". Not sure why, I haven't try again after it "reboot" twice... I'll try agian after I backup my files. oh well... On Demand is free anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2
    reset during update for weather in "On Demand". Not sure why, I haven't try again after it "reboot" twice... I'll try agian after I backup my files. oh well... On Demand is free anyway.
    You get what you pay for...

-Jack Handy, SNL-

only one reset in 5 days, and that was because of a software conflict, it's pretty stable( ...for now) .
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503