Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, got my 700p from Verizon yesterday, and set it up today. So far, the only problem I have found is that my car cradle (Seidio G4500M) does provide power, but no audio output and no GPS signal. Anyone found any compatible cradles yet?

John
    the 4850 has a built in gps and speaker.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    the 4850 has a built in gps and speaker.
    The G4500M has built in GPS and speaker as well. They just don't work with my 700p

John
    duh. my bad. that stinks. did you call Seidio on it? I know there's a Seidio guy who's pretty active in the pdaphonehome forums.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    duh. my bad. that stinks. did you call Seidio on it? I know there's a Seidio guy who's pretty active in the pdaphonehome forums.
    I have sent e-mail to Seidio, but don't expect a reply until after the holiday.
    this is the email for the guy on pdaphonehome. might get you a quicker response: davidsilver@seidio.com
    Seidio is still testing all our accessories with 700P. we will publish the test results later part of this week.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio is still testing all our accessories with 700P. we will publish the test results later part of this week.
    dsc@seidio.com
    Thanks David. Glad to see you here on your own time.

BTW, MyTreo.com is advertising two car cradles as being 700p compatible. Since you guys aren't sure yet, how can they be?

John
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd
    Thanks David. Glad to see you here on your own time.

BTW, MyTreo.com is advertising two car cradles as being 700p compatible. Since you guys aren't sure yet, how can they be?

John
    Seidio has the car cradle for 700W. For 700P, we are still testing it.

David
  10.    #10  

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    One correction: I just found that I have a G4850M, which doesn't work with my 700p
    One correction: I just found that I have a G4850M, which doesn't work with my 700p
    Can you elaborate? It didn't fit, or software wouldn't work, or what? My colleague has a G4850M w/ his Treo 650 and is drooling over my 700p, but wants to confirm it will work w/ the GPS.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm5
    Can you elaborate? It didn't fit, or software wouldn't work, or what? My colleague has a G4850M w/ his Treo 650 and is drooling over my 700p, but wants to confirm it will work w/ the GPS.
    Fits just fine, and shows the power re-charge light is on. However, it does not connect with the GPS unit, and the earphone jack doesn't provide a connection for the speaker/cassette recorder.

John
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm5
    Please read my messages. The 700p DOES NOT WORK with G4850M, It will fit (physically), and it will recharge. The earphone jack does not work, and the GPS does not work.

Seidio is checking on all of their cradles.
    Please read my messages. The 700p DOES NOT WORK with G4850M, It will fit (physically), and it will recharge. The earphone jack does not work, and the GPS does not work.

Seidio is checking on all of their cradles.
    Has anyone else not gotten it to work either? This would suck seeing as it looks like a really awesome GPS solution for the car.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Has anyone else not gotten it to work either? This would suck seeing as it looks like a really awesome GPS solution for the car.
    Seidio has now released a new 4850 that is compatible with the 700p.
    Seidio has now released a new 4850 that is compatible with the 700p.
    Seidio will start shipping G4850T for 700P this week.

- Built in Sirf III chip set
    - Builtin speaker
    - External microphone
    - STEREO AUDIO output (foe those who are waiting for this feature, it is here !)

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    This is the reason why I thought getting a separate BT GPS receiver was a better idea!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I agree with you now gfunk. I purchased the G4850M Tom Tom bundle back in January only to find out the cradle doesn't work with the 700P. That forced me to buy a new cradle for the 700P (4100 model) and I bought a BT receiver so next time I just have to buy a regular cradle if my next smartphone isn't compatible.
    Seidio will start shipping G4850T for 700P this week.

- Built in Sirf III chip set
    - Builtin speaker
    - External microphone
    - STEREO AUDIO output (foe those who are waiting for this feature, it is here !)

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    David,
    I'm a bit disappointed. Not Sedio's fault, but understanding was that all of the accessories for the 650 would work with the 700P. Any chance you guys will be offering a trade-in/rebate for "recent purchasers?" I bout mine last Christmas.
    I have posted versions of this question in two other threads (and it is on-topic for this thread), but I have not received any responses. I am hoping that someone following this thread has the answer and will post it: Does anyone know whether this is a Seidio-specific issue or something we should expect from accessories supplied by other vendors? In alternate wording, what is the difference between the 650 and the 700p that required Seidio to make a change in their product, and is this something that is likely to affect a wide range of accessories?
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast