Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1.    #1  
    I'll have my 700p soon enough, but not soon enough to answer one of two questions that I have... One of my concerns is whether or not this will work with my Acura TL's handsfree link flawlessly or not... But that is another post (hopefully with me bringing the answer)...

    The main question I have that I would like someone to answer if you get a chance is whether or not this app works on the 700p... It is called showtimes, you can google "showtimes palm" to find a few different renditions, but this is where it started:

    http://showtimes.jrray.org/

    you can also find it here, I suppose:

    http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...re&prodid=2618

    There are other versions out there, like I said, so if you get bored and this doesn't work and you want to test out a few other versions, have at it. My main ? is whether or not this app works on this phone. Wondering 'cause I loved having movie times local to my phone vs. having to browse the web for 'em and I'm hoping I can still continue to do this.

    Rey :)
  2. #2  
    It's called On Demand. It's zipcode defined. Works great. News, sports, weather, sports, showtimes...
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  3. #3  
    Oh, and On Demand is free.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  4.    #4  
    I am aware that I can get movie listings from the web on the Treo courtesy of a browser or an app tailored to connecting to get data on the fly, etc... What I want is for someone to simply answer my given question because the app I refer to does the job actively on my computer every night.

    When I sync my phone every three to five days or so, it syncs showtimes of theaters in my area so that no matter how bad my connection I am able to simply look up my movie listings regardless of the area I am in. If someone feels like trying this app out to simply let me know if it works on the 700p like I was hoping for, I would appreciate it. That and if someone happens to read this and have a Bluetooth enabled Acura, I'd love to hear your version of how this phone interacts w/it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Oh, and On Demand is free.
    What I am interested in is called Showtimes... You can sort by theater, movie, times, it is specifically for movie times. It is faster than any other method out there for the Palm. Oh, and Showtimes is free.
    Last edited by stingrey; 05/27/2006 at 04:12 PM. Reason: info
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stingrey
    I am aware that I can get movie listings from the web on the Treo courtesy of a browser or an app tailored to connecting to get data on the fly, etc... What I want is for someone to simply answer my given question because the app I refer to does the job actively on my computer every night.

    When I sync my phone every three to five days or so, it syncs showtimes of theaters in my area so that no matter how bad my connection I am able to simply look up my movie listings regardless of the area I am in. If someone feels like trying this app out to simply let me know if it works on the 700p like I was hoping for, I would appreciate it. That and if someone happens to read this and have a Bluetooth enabled Acura, I'd love to hear your version of how this phone interacts w/it.


    What I am interested in is called Showtimes... You can sort by theater, movie, times, it is specifically for movie times. It is faster than any other method out there for the Palm. Oh, and Showtimes is free.
    wow...how about a thank you
  6.    #6  
    You're right, that was a helpful response to my question, however sarcastic it was worded...

    "IT IS CALLED"... I think that is sarcasm. I responded accordingly. That and the fact that I asked a question to someone who can test what I was hoping to have tested, that's all. Not like I'm asking for something else, must be a reason I asked maybe... Oh, because I was curious about that specific app!!! So if someone who has the capability of doing so could just test it out, that'd be cool. If not, please don't tell me what "it is called". Thanks though, and I apologize for snapping. Must be all this waiting for the new Treo that got to me or something.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by stingrey
    You're right, that was a helpful response to my question, however sarcastic it was worded...

    "IT IS CALLED"... I think that is sarcasm. I responded accordingly. That and the fact that I asked a question to someone who can test what I was hoping to have tested, that's all. Not like I'm asking for something else, must be a reason I asked maybe... Oh, because I was curious about that specific app!!! So if someone who has the capability of doing so could just test it out, that'd be cool. If not, please don't tell me what "it is called". Thanks though, and I apologize for snapping. Must be all this waiting for the new Treo that got to me or something.

    you even misquoted him...he said "it's" not "IT IS CALLED"

    He was trying to help since he actually has a 700P and you were a jackovv to him.

    I suggest know one test your stupid app for you.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by stingrey
    I'll have my 700p soon enough, but not soon enough to answer one of two questions that I have... One of my concerns is whether or not this will work with my Acura TL's handsfree link flawlessly or not... But that is another post (hopefully with me bringing the answer)...




    The main question I have that I would like someone to answer if you get a chance is whether or not this app works on the 700p... It is called showtimes, you can google "showtimes palm" to find a few different renditions, but this is where it started:

    http://showtimes.jrray.org/

    you can also find it here, I suppose:

    http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...re&prodid=2618

    There are other versions out there, like I said, so if you get bored and this doesn't work and you want to test out a few other versions, have at it. My main ? is whether or not this app works on this phone. Wondering 'cause I loved having movie times local to my phone vs. having to browse the web for 'em and I'm hoping I can still continue to do this.

    Rey
    I have the Handmark Express premium and that does have Movies Times which works well. This will probably be the same program as "On Demand)
  9. kaoswlf's Avatar
    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    #9  
    Excuse me while I ask for your help... act rude when you try to help.. and give you a rude answer... P.S. no thank you for you...

    Also, I do have this remarkable power to detect sarcasm in typed written form... I shall be in Xmen 4... watch for me.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    I have the Handmark Express premium and that does have Movies Times which works well. This will probably be the same program as "On Demand)
    another joker
  11. #11  
    Jesus everyone, it's the internet...let's all go have a beer
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chasely
    Jesus everyone, it's the internet...let's all go have a beer
  13. #13  
    What the Trumpet man said!!!
  14. #14  
    ok, so someone mentioned On Demand, I've searched but cannot find. Link, anyone?

    Whatever happened to Sivil (I think) and GetMovies?
  15.    #15  
    I typed that from scratch, just for you guys... You should have seen the first version. It isn't your fault I was pissed, I was just upset since this just happened to me with another question that had to go back and forth to the point where it had to be justified. I hope this one is quoted accurately...

    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    you even misquoted him...he said "it's" not "IT IS CALLED"
    I suggest know one test your stupid app for you.
    The last line, "I suggest know one test your stupid app for you."... Does that mean something along the lines of "know the one who tests your stupid app", or did you mean "no one"? And if it meant "know one" as in "know the one", did it mean "KNOW" the one in a biblical sense? Regardless, I'm not down for knowing the one who didn't answer the question.

    I could give a crap less about whether or not the other guy answers since he does have a 700p, he doesn't care to... That was obvious since he said (in reference to my question that "it's called"... That clearly means that he completely gives a shiat less about what I asked and said that he had his own way of doing things. That is great, but I'm not after that method. I asked for a specific purpose and provided a specific reason. No big deal, I'll have my phone soon enough.

    Threads here USED to be friendly (look at my join date, I'm not a newb despite my post count) and now they're like every other thing in the world today. Ask for something, someone gives you what they'd rather give you. That is just the way it has to be I suppose with the no child left behind program, but whatever. I am all about the beer suggestion, but I'm also about helping people out specific to what they're after if I can. If I don't know the answer, I don't respond generally. Maybe this is why my post count is so low and yours is so high?
  16.    #16  
    From what I gather, On Demand is part of Handmark...

    Go to this link:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ZDM/story?id=1994523
    and search for "On Demand" and it'll reference that Handmark's On Demand information service comes with the Treo, delivers maps, movie times, etc.

    You can find more info re THAT app @
    http://treo.handmark.com/movies.php

    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter
    ok, so someone mentioned On Demand, I've searched but cannot find. Link, anyone?

    Whatever happened to Sivil (I think) and GetMovies?
  17.    #17  
    I'd never heard of Sivil or GetMovies, but here are some good starting points:

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/searc...archid=4593588

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=4593597

    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter
    ok, so someone mentioned On Demand, I've searched but cannot find. Link, anyone?

    Whatever happened to Sivil (I think) and GetMovies?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by stingrey
    I typed that from scratch, just for you guys... You should have seen the first version. It isn't your fault I was pissed, I was just upset since this just happened to me with another question that had to go back and forth to the point where it had to be justified. I hope this one is quoted accurately...



    The last line, "I suggest know one test your stupid app for you."... Does that mean something along the lines of "know the one who tests your stupid app", or did you mean "no one"? And if it meant "know one" as in "know the one", did it mean "KNOW" the one in a biblical sense? Regardless, I'm not down for knowing the one who didn't answer the question.

    I could give a crap less about whether or not the other guy answers since he does have a 700p, he doesn't care to... That was obvious since he said (in reference to my question that "it's called"... That clearly means that he completely gives a shiat less about what I asked and said that he had his own way of doing things. That is great, but I'm not after that method. I asked for a specific purpose and provided a specific reason. No big deal, I'll have my phone soon enough.

    Threads here USED to be friendly (look at my join date, I'm not a newb despite my post count) and now they're like every other thing in the world today. Ask for something, someone gives you what they'd rather give you. That is just the way it has to be I suppose with the no child left behind program, but whatever. I am all about the beer suggestion, but I'm also about helping people out specific to what they're after if I can. If I don't know the answer, I don't respond generally. Maybe this is why my post count is so low and yours is so high?
    Dude...you bit off the guys head when he was trying to help you. There was nothing sarcastice in his post...anywho...

    And yes...it was a typo.

    take it easy and good luck in your search. Maybe download the simulator and give it a whirl on that. You might be able to see if it works.
  19.    #19  
    Like I said, I am sorry. I truly thought it was sarcasm, I replied right off the bat as such. I could have been more mature about it, but I wasn't. I feel bad, but on the other hand I just keep getting shot down when it comes to asking to ME what seem like simple questions. YOUR suggestion is right on, I'll try it on the simulator. Regardless, I'm sorry I was an ***, guys. It's not like I won't have a phone to play with in the next few days. At this point, I'll know the answer either way :)
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by stingrey
    Like I said, I am sorry. I truly thought it was sarcasm, I replied right off the bat as such. I could have been more mature about it, but I wasn't. I feel bad, but on the other hand I just keep getting shot down when it comes to asking to ME what seem like simple questions. YOUR suggestion is right on, I'll try it on the simulator. Regardless, I'm sorry I was an ***, guys. It's not like I won't have a phone to play with in the next few days. At this point, I'll know the answer either way


    treo madness does strange things to a man
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions