1.    #1  
    I called Verizon and ordered the 700p, they shipped it overnight for $399. I have been playing with it this morning and was able to access the internet from my PC via the Treo. Here are the speeds I got from PC to Treo via BT and USB and from the Treo itself. The "tether" feature required an extra $15 a month feature on my Verizon plan. I believe it should allow me to use my BT GPS and BT headset at the same time but since Tom Tom is a hassle to install I wanted to wait a few days first. The Vaja case from my 650 fits ok but not perfectly, slight gaps on the sides. I think the green button works as a flash and makes conference calls work better but again, haven't tested it.

PC Via Bluetooth to Treo 700p
    kbps

273 down
    48 up
    PC Via USB cable to Treo 700p
    kbps

221 down

35 up

DSL at home

2038 down

424 up
    www.dslreports.com/mspeed

Treo 650
    106 kbit/sec
    17.102s d/l

Treo 700p
    263 kbit/sec
    6.767s d/l time
    Other impressions: bluetooth is much better. My BT headset connects quicker. Launcher X blows up.
    Hope this helps someone out there,
    Denise
    I hope a firmware update pushes up the speed of the EvDO connection, I've seen the ratings of the 6700 and they appear to be quite the bit faster than the 700p's.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    When hooked up to laptop, try this site....
    speedtest.frontiernet.net
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  4.    #4  
    Update: Tom Tom Navigator does not work while BT headset is in use. No change from 650.
  5.    #5  
    Update: Card Export II works. I've noticed the Treo keeps losing track of the 2GB card. I have to reseat it. I'm going to format from this Treo. Anyone else notice this?
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise
    Update: Tom Tom Navigator does not work while BT headset is in use. No change from 650.
    Which BT GPS device are you using? One of the guys I work with has a Treo 650 and couldn't get a BT GPS working on his device. Any issues with it (aside from the headset thing)?
    Quote Originally Posted by richpjr
    Which BT GPS device are you using? One of the guys I work with has a Treo 650 and couldn't get a BT GPS working on his device. Any issues with it (aside from the headset thing)?
    I'm using the GlobalSat BT-338 and TomTom with no problem on my 700p.