Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've sprung for the Vaja for my 600 and 650-- they're gorgeous and durable, and the dark leather wears really well. I've noticed that Vaja now makes a flip version, that covers the keyboard and screen, but I'm concerned about the added bulk. They're offered for the 700w-- is the form factor between the 700w and 700p identical? If anyone's ordered recently, I'd also like to know how long it's taken from order placement to delivery. I've had to wait three weeks each time I've ordered previously.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Received it today:

JavoShield Titanium version

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/...835&pbmId=3458
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    So sorry-- I did a search for Vaja, and missed this thread.
    No case for me. I like my Treo like I like my woman: **** naked.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Full body Invisible Shield
    Solar Grey JavoSkin
    Smartphone Experts P7 Pouch

Thinking about picking up a Vaja T77
    Best Skins Ever and Boxwave for the everyday use.

Innopocket Magnum (No SD) w/ Krussel Phoneholdic mod for the gym.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    My Treo usually goes caseless, but when I do slip it into something it will be the one shipped with the 600.
    I have really enjoyed the Krusell 89183 on my 650. The great thing is it works on the 700 series as well. Its form fitting and protects everything but the antenna. Plus you can get it for under $20. Thanks to this case, my 650 still looks as good as the day I got it.

http://www.krusell.se/product.php?productID=1902
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    I've sprung for the Vaja for my 600 and 650-- they're gorgeous and durable, and the dark leather wears really well. I've noticed that Vaja now makes a flip version, that covers the keyboard and screen, but I'm concerned about the added bulk. They're offered for the 700w-- is the form factor between the 700w and 700p identical? If anyone's ordered recently, I'd also like to know how long it's taken from order placement to delivery. I've had to wait three weeks each time I've ordered previously.

I ordered my vaja case in Jan and got it the end of Feb. It's been waiting the 700P
    I want one of those 1mm Crystal Cases like I have for my 650. After going the Vaja route and a couple of others, the $8.00 Ebay Crystal case is the way to go for me.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I want one of those 1mm Crystal Cases like I have for my 650. After going the Vaja route and a couple of others, the $8.00 Ebay Crystal case is the way to go for me.
    Happen to have a link or a pic of this? I'm looking into ordering a new case as well....
    MarkY - Interested into hearing more about the crystal case. Would it be this one here?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9732491298
    3202WW

looking at this one http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=111524 checkout the photos on page 2... and video Natrix posted on page 4.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    looks alot like the p6 on treocentral's store that I've been using for a year now. I like it so Ill keep it. Maybe get a new 1 since the case actually molded itself to my 650 a bit.
    This is my favorite of the 10 I have.
  17.    #17  
    This time around, I decided to preserve the form factor, and installed a Martin Fields screen protector http://www.martinfields.com/US/dis_p...ln=Treo%20700p and a Best Skins Ever body skin http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...w-Total/Detail

I can't praise them highly enough. I'd reconciled myself to the miniscule bubbles from Boxwave Crystal, but Martin Fields went on smoothly, and without a single bubble. And the Best Skins Ever actually enhances the Treo's glossy finish. The cutouts fit perfectly, and at $7, is an amazing value.

Of course, I'm dead in the water if I drop the unit, but I'm otherwise pretty well covered against scratches.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYravefever
    MarkY - Interested into hearing more about the crystal case. Would it be this one here?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=9732491298
    Nope. That's a nearly criminal use of the "CrystalCase" name. That link is for a an SPE ClearCase. There's a big difference between Clear and Crystal cases.

The SPE ClearCase is clunky and has a big ol' hinge on the side:

The SPE CrystalCase, on the other hand, is truly form-fitting: front, back (warning, large pics)

I've enjoyed a Vaja T65 for my Treo 650, but I'm getting tired of the extra girth it adds. I still want something protecting my 700p, but I think the gummy cases are ugly and the thin leather don't offer great protection. For those of us who like to keep our Treo in a pocket, this looks perfect. The CrystalCase was my next buy...

Unfortunately, the CrystalCase is only for the 650 at the moment, does not fit the 700p, and there are reportedly no plans for a 700p CrystalCase as of yet. Seidio is working on one...but if it's got hinges/belt clips/etc. then no thanks.
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
    I have a SPE CrystalCase for my 650 and it is perfect! I wish it had been out before I bought a bunch of other caes, including a Vaja T65. I hope someone makes one for the 700p/w.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I have a SPE CrystalCase for my 650 and it is perfect! I wish it had been out before I bought a bunch of other caes, including a Vaja T65. I hope someone makes one for the 700p/w.
    I've used a T65 for my 650, but want something with less bulk. I keep the phone in my pocket, so I would go caseless except that I want some protection from scratches/falls. The CrystalCase looks ideal and you're testimony makes me want it even more.

Is there a contact for SPE that we can deluge with requests for a 700p case? I could set up a cron job to e-mail the request every day until a 700p CrystalCase shows up in the treocentral store.

People who use holsters or whatnot can look elsewhere, but 700p pocketers need a CrystalCase!!!
    Motorola Startac → Samsung SCH-8500 → SonyEricsson T608 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast