Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Yup. Maybe the 700W charges from the usb. Don't know. My old PPC6700 did.
    Nope - exact same cable as the 650 - seperate power plug.
    The usb cable that came wit the vzw 700P charges the phone directly from usb port on my pc -- small, but nice upgrade
    Some are saying the Data cable charges while others say it does not. Can anyone verify that if you only use the USB cable that comes with the 700p, that the charge icon shows up and charges?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Some are saying the Data cable charges while others say it does not. Can anyone verify that if you only use the USB cable that comes with the 700p, that the charge icon shows up and charges?
    The 700P does NOT charge from the usb cable alone. You can plug in the charger into the usb cable just like the 650, and it will charge that way.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Thank you for the clarification. My confusion is that my Cingular branded 650 came with a USB data cable that had no option to plug a charger into it. My 600 did, but not my 650.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #46  
    The 700P does NOT charge from the usb cable alone. You can plug in the charger into the usb cable just like the 650, and it will charge that way.
    Sorry to disagree, but right now I have my 700p plugged into the USB port of my Dell and it IS charging. The battery icon shows it is charging. I do not have the charger connected. It may depend on whether your USB hub has enough power.
  7.    #47  
    Don't know if this was covered elsewhere. Included in the 700P is stereo ear buds. They're cheap, but work well. Doubles as a handsfree. As best as I recall, the 650 did not include one, stereo that is.
    My 700 from VZW only included a mono headset. Did you get yours from Palm or VZW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    My 700 from VZW only included a mono headset. Did you get yours from Palm or VZW?
    Sprint version from a Sprint store.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

9.    #49  
    Sprint version from a Sprint store.
    So VZW charges more for service, but give you less with the phone. they do make it hard to like them, but I do.
    Sorry to disagree, but right now I have my 700p plugged into the USB port of my Dell and it IS charging. The battery icon shows it is charging. I do not have the charger connected. It may depend on whether your USB hub has enough power.
    Hmmm....
    Don't know what to tell you. My Acer does not charge it.
    Looking through the manual (all in unison: "What's a manual?")...

Page 9. Multi-connector enables you to attach the USB sync cable and AC charger to your device. You can connect the charger either to the sync cable connectoror directly to the charger jack on the Multi-connector.

I just completed separate searches through the entire pdf user manual using keywords of usb, and charge. No mention of it anywhere.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, just not true in my case, and can't find anything on it in the manual.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

So VZW charges more for service, but give you less with the phone. they do make it hard to like them, but I do.
    I wouldn't fret it. They are really cheap.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Hmmm....
    Don't know what to tell you. My Acer does not charge it.
    Looking through the manual (all in unison: "What's a manual?")...

Page 9. Multi-connector enables you to attach the USB sync cable and AC charger to your device. You can connect the charger either to the sync cable connectoror directly to the charger jack on the Multi-connector.

I just completed separate searches through the entire pdf user manual using keywords of usb, and charge. No mention of it anywhere.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, just not true in my case, and can't find anything on it in the manual.
    My Acer charges it with the usb cable
    I'm interested in the answer to the charging question as well.

I find it a bit strange that there could be a dispute about this. Could some of the devices been shipped with defective cables? I guess I'll find out soon enough.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    I'm interested in the answer to the charging question as well.

I find it a bit strange that there could be a dispute about this. Could some of the devices been shipped with defective cables? I guess I'll find out soon enough.
    The Palm help manual that is on the installation CD says the following:

" Did You Know?
    You can also charge your smartphone by connecting it to your computer with the sync cable. You can do this with or without using the charger cable (see Connecting your Treo smartphone to your computer). "

Also:

" Tip
    Keep in mind that it takes longer to charge the battery using the sync cable, and if your laptop isn't plugged into a power source, it can drain the laptop's battery."

And, finally:

" Tip
    For best performance, plug your sync cable directly into a USB port on your computer. If your computer has USB ports on both the front and back, we suggest using the back port; the front port is often a low-power port. If you use a USB hub, make sure the hub has its own power supply."

I have mine plugged into the front port on my Dell, but it is charging.
    I bought a bluetooth motorola Stereo headset h700. Will it work with the treo700p? It is A2DP. (?)
    Yes it does charge with the USB cable. I'm doing it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by airoid
    Yes it does charge with the USB cable. I'm doing it right now.

so i guess my question is, does the cable look EXACTLY like the T650???
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    so i guess my question is, does the cable look EXACTLY like the T650???
    Yes
    The 650 also charges using the USB cable alone, without the charger cable attached, though at a trickle. The red light doesn't go on, and the charging-battery indicator doesn't appear on the screen, but the battery's charge slowly increases. This is with the hotsync cable attached to the PC's USB port and without the charging cable attached.
    Does the Treo 600 cable and/or dock function with the 650/700s?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast