Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I've had a 650 since day 1, and it never vibrated when silencing the ringer.
    Not sure I like these buttons. Using it now. Keyboard feels more crowded.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    I've had a 650 since day 1, and it never vibrated when silencing the ringer.
    Not sure I like these buttons. Using it now. Keyboard feels more crowded.
    yeah my bad, i misunderstood. ehcruzan cleared it up, I think you meant that immediately upon flicking the switch it vibrates, which is actually pretty cool, I never know (after all these years) which way is which.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I loaded my Vz 700 with apps - can't stand the button lag between presses. Overall I like the 700 but it seems slower to me - less responsive
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Try PXA Clocker its a CPU overclocker see if it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    I just found out how strong the Bluetooth is on the 700. My phone was paired with my car when I brought the car to the car wash. I got out of the car and walked through the building while my car was at least 15 ft away and beyond a glass wall. The phone was with me and when it rang and I answered, the car Bluetooth took over. The 650 barely worked when I was sitting in the car.
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    I loaded my Vz 700 with apps - can't stand the button lag between presses. Overall I like the 700 but it seems slower to me - less responsive

If you are talking about the lag between home presses, it is normal. The launcher program need search both the 64MB ROM (builtin program) and 64MB NVFS disk for launchable programs. The more program you installed, the slower it will be.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Don't remember if there's a setting for this.
    On my 650, if the last thing I did was make a call, and the screen turns off after non-use, when I turned it back on, it took me to back to the last screen used. I like it like that.
    On the 700, it always defaults to the main Palm home page. Sorry, not correct terminology. The screen with all the Palm icons. Have to push the phone button to go back.
    [EDIT] Sorry - I see this question was already answered. Doh! [/EDIT]

I could be wrong, but I think you're just pushing the home button, in it's new location, to turn the screen back on, rather than the power/end button in *it's* new location.

When I follow the steps you outline above & then push the power/end button to turn the screen back on, I end up back at the phone screen, not on the palm icons home screen.

Let me tell you, I had the same problem but I was trying to do a hard reset. It wasn't working and I couldn't figure out why - thought I bricked my new precious - and finally realized that I was trying to do the hard reset with the home button depressed rather than the power button. Phew, what a relieve when I figure it out ...

Anyway, I hope that was your issue because it's any easy fix ;-)
    Last edited by delrey; 05/27/2006 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    yeah my bad, i misunderstood. ehcruzan cleared it up, I think you meant that immediately upon flicking the switch it vibrates, which is actually pretty cool, I never know (after all these years) which way is which.
    Yup, I like this as I can be sure that I have the phone off in the movies, when I can't see and can't remember if I turned it off already or not.
    Does the sync cable that comes with the 700p charge as well? This is one shortcoming the 650 sync cable had.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    Does the sync cable that comes with the 700p charge as well? This is one shortcoming the 650 sync cable had.
    The sync cable does charge the 700p when it's connected to the computer. That's a nice improvement.
    Bluetooth works 5x better with my Jabra 250v. I can walk across the room and have no static whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    [EDIT] Sorry - I see this question was already answered. Doh! [/EDIT]

I could be wrong, but I think you're just pushing the home button, in it's new location, to turn the screen back on, rather than the power/end button in *it's* new location.

When I follow the steps you outline above & then push the power/end button to turn the screen back on, I end up back at the phone screen, not on the palm icons home screen.

Let me tell you, I had the same problem but I was trying to do a hard reset. It wasn't working and I couldn't figure out why - thought I bricked my new precious - and finally realized that I was trying to do the hard reset with the home button depressed rather than the power button. Phew, what a relieve when I figure it out ...

Anyway, I hope that was your issue because it's any easy fix ;-)
    Exactly right. Thanks for the headsup.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    The sync cable does charge the 700p when it's connected to the computer. That's a nice improvement.
    I don't think so. There is a plug to connect the ac adapter to the usb, but the usb itself does not charge.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

I don't think so. There is a plug to connect the ac adapter to the usb, but the usb itself does not charge.
    --just like the T650 then...
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    --just like the T650 then...
    Yup. Maybe the 700W charges from the usb. Don't know. My old PPC6700 did.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Seems that the 700p draws more power via USB charging than the 650. Every time I connect the 700p, my Powerbook displays a message window saying that the attached device needs more power than the bus can deliver. That never happened with the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace
    Seems that the 700p draws more power via USB charging than the 650. Every time I connect the 700p, my Powerbook displays a message window saying that the attached device needs more power than the bus can deliver. That never happened with the 650.
    Just tried it again, I get no such message, and the power icon on the 700 does not show it charging.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Don't know if this was covered elsewhere. Included in the 700P is stereo ear buds. They're cheap, but work well. Doubles as a handsfree. As best as I recall, the 650 did not include one, stereo that is.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Just tried it again, I get no such message, and the power icon on the 700 does not show it charging.
    Are you using a proper charging cable? I'm using one I bought months ago for the 650, not the cable that came with the 700p.
    Using the one that came with the 700P

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast