1.    #1  
    Well, I am resigned to the fact that I will not be able to play with the 700P until Tuesday. I called and got my UPS tracking number from Palm. It says it shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver and according to the UPS website there is no Saturday availability for that service even if Palm was willing to pay for it(which I doubt). See below:

UPS Next Day Air Saver

When Next Day afternoon delivery will meet your needs

Guaranteed Overnight Delivery by 3:00 p.m.
    UPS Next Day Air SaverŪ offers an affordable delivery option for those important shipments that require next-business-day delivery, but don't have to be there in the morning.

Guaranteed on-time delivery by 3:00 p.m. to commercial destinations where UPS Next Day AirŪ delivery is committed by 10:30 a.m.
    Guaranteed on-time delivery by 4:30 p.m. to commercial destinations where UPS Next Day Air delivery is committed by 12:00 noon
    Shipments to residential locations within the Next Day Air Saver area are delivered by end of day

Service Availability

Available in the 48 contiguous states
    Available from Oahu, Hawaii to the 48 contiguous states, including limited addresses in Alaska
    Not available to destinations where UPS Next Day Air is committed for end of day delivery
    Saturday delivery is not available
    curious as to how you actually got a tracking number....

When did you place the order if you don't mind me asking?

...and did you use the developers discount?
    I'd like to know as well. Just spoke to two different Palm CS agents and told them that people over here already have tracking numbers for their orders. They say that that's not possible.
    Palm sucks. Again.

Targetting the early-adopters with the promise of "overnight" delivery the week before a long holiday weekend only to then deliver them *after* the weekend? Very lame.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I'd like to know as well. Just spoke to two different Palm CS agents and told them that people over here already have tracking numbers for their orders. They say that that's not possible.
    I just called Palm 10 minutes ago and the rep gave me my tracking number. Of course I verified it at UPS's web site site and it checks out! (Unfortunately, I won't get it till Tuesday.)

Just call Palm's sales number back and select the option for smartphones then the option for questions about previously placed orders. I didn't even need to wait on hold... I was connected to a Rep with 5 seconds.
    Mine is Tuesday also
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Palm sucks. Again.

Targetting the early-adopters with the promise of "overnight" delivery the week before a long holiday weekend only to then deliver them *after* the weekend? Very lame.
    Huh? They did use overnight, which means you will get it the next business day. That's the standard for overnight via UPS/FedEx.
    They used overnight. I called to get my tracking number and the Palm rep said it shipped out this morning, and I'd get it Tuesday.
    Jimmie Geddes
    well you'll know soon enough, once its picked up that tracking number should go live and you'll see where your treo is and a delivery date.
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    You misunderstood my point. Yes, they're using overnight shipping. But they started taking orders Monday morning and had "free overnight shipping" stated on their site at that time. But they never had any intention of actually shipping them out until Friday (or Tuesday) as they didn't want to / couldn't get them to us before Sprint's official release date of the 28th. It was intentionally deceptive so as to get more people to pre-order from them where they would get a bigger piece of the profit than had we bought directly from Sprint.

But don't think that because I'm disappointed/frustrated with Palm that that means that I was actually expecting them to ship them out any earlier. I've been through this before with the 650. I'm just expressing my disappointment with them. Once again, instead of demonstrating an ounce of interest in doing good by their loyal community, they'd prefer to take advantage of us.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    But on Monday, Tuesday and I think most of Wednesday when people ordered it said Sprint phones would not ship for 1 week. So they still at least followed through on that.
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    There was nothing intentionally deceptive about it. The Palm order site told you explicitly that the Treo would not ship for 1 week. Seems to me they did exactly as they said. Just because you're upset about a holiday weekend, don't go complaing that Palm did anything wrong.

This time, they seem to have delivered exactly as promised. People need to chill out some.
    I don't think they were deceptive, they said on their site the morning it was available that orders would ship within 1 week. One week from Monday is Monday, they shipped some people's orders on Saturday, and we won't get them until tuesday because of the holiday. Also they said "expected shipping time". I don't think they took advantage of anyone, I'm happy that they shipped my order in less than the 1 week they had expected to. Tuesday isn't far away.
    Jimmie Geddes
  14.    #14  
    Just called the main palm toll free number on the website and selected "question about current order" from the prompts. The rep gave me my tracking number as requested. I ordered around 2pm 5/22 Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    curious as to how you actually got a tracking number....

When did you place the order if you don't mind me asking?

...and did you use the developers discount?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    But don't think that because I'm disappointed/frustrated with Palm that that means that I was actually expecting them to ship them out any earlier. I've been through this before with the 650. I'm just expressing my disappointment with them. Once again, instead of demonstrating an ounce of interest in doing good by their loyal community, they'd prefer to take advantage of us.
    Cool. I ordered from VZW and they shipped a W instead - which I got on Friday, ripped open the box, and found the lump of coal. Now they say they're OOS; after trying to ship a replacement W (I asked what the model number was of teh phone they were shipping to replace my W and they said TREO700W).

Oh well.... I did get overnight shipping....
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoffey
    Cool. I ordered from VZW and they shipped a W instead - which I got on Friday, ripped open the box, and found the lump of coal. Now they say they're OOS; after trying to ship a replacement W (I asked what the model number was of teh phone they were shipping to replace my W and they said TREO700W).

Oh well.... I did get overnight shipping....
    Well, at least you can play with the 700w for a while and give us a good side-by-side comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl
    Well, at least you can play with the 700w for a while and give us a good side-by-side comparison.
    Except I already have a 700w, the p was to replace it. I havew no doubt VZW will fix the mixup; but I was looking forward to having it for next week.