Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Just called all the stores within a 10 mile radius of me and was able to get through to 7 or 8 sales reps. I got lots of different responses, from "sometime in the next few weeks" and "not for another month" to "tomorrow or Sunday." One said that their weekly truck comes in on Thursday and it wasn't in that, so it would either be on next Thursday or the week after. A few said they had no clue, that they were supposed to have it by the 28th, but that they hadn't even gotten a demo unit yet... So, at this point it seems like it's anyone's guess and different stores may be getting them in on different dates. If you really want one as soon as you can, you might want to start calling local (and not so local) stores on a daily basis. I'll update this when/if I find out there is such a store in this area that gets it in.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Yeah, good. I'm in Northern Virginia as well. But I ordered online. So why am I posting right now. It's something of a mystery.
    did you call any in alexandria?
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    I too called in the NOVA / DC area with no luck. I ordered on line on Monday the 22nd BUT I am leaving for 3 weeks Tuesday night and would love to get one before Tuesday night.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    did you call any in alexandria?
    Nope, I'm in Vienna, and according to Sprint's site, the closest store in Alexandria is 10.34 miles away . I'll probably call them again tomorrow afternoon and maybe expand the radius a little. It's amazing how many stores there are just within 10 miles! 15 to be exact... Although one of those is listed as "Sprint Kiosk."

there's 2 sprint stores where i live within 2 blocks of each other. i'll try to find out tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Ok, well, just got through calling a bunch of them again. This time I wasn't able to get through to some, I guess they have too much floor traffic to pick up the phone. The ones I did get through to ranged: one said check back Monday, another Tuesday, a third Wednesday, and a forth said they didn't know but probably not for a couple of weeks. If no stores around my office have it on Tuesday, I'm calling the woman I know who works for Sprint and see if she can get me a phone despite the delay... I doubt it, but it's worth a shot...

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Just made another round of calls. Again, got estimates of Tuesday (since UPS doesn't deliver today or Monday) to within the next month. One rep said "we should be getting those in by the end of the month. I said, um.. this is the end of the month, and so she said, "ok, then by the beginning of next month." Sprint really keeps their stores well-informed, eh?

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I've been making my rounds from the Clarendon store all the way to the Tysons Corner Store. I've been hearing the same things as everyone else. I called Sprint Telesales this morning and they said that they didn't have it in their systems yet but it that it was available online and at the Sprint Stores. I then quickly headed to some of the stores and no luck. I've made plenty of calls and keep hearing June 4th. Well, at least it's going to be a short work week.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm not very hopeful about getting it anytime soon. I figure June 4 at the earliest. Just trying to keep my expectations low, I guess. I've wasted too much time as it is calling all these places over the last couple of days! But hey, if anyone does actually confirm a store that has them and will actually sell them around here, I'll be there within a few hours!

Just to let you all know - In the process of making my now daily calls to Sprint stores in the area, one of the stores in Maryland told me to try Best Buy or CompUSA. I called one near me and the person I spoke with in their wireless department said that while his store didn't have them yet, he said that he knew for sure (because he held the phone) that the Tyson's Corner store had them in. When I called there, the CS manager said he was pretty sure they had them, but the person in the wireless department gave me a quick no....

So those of you out that way, you may want to make a quick trip there to see what they actually have in the store...
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I'll be going to Tysons Center in a little while and there's a store both in the main mall building as well as in a builing right next to it. Actually it's only about a 15 minute drive from me, but we have guests this weekend, so I don't have a lot of flexibility. But I will try to make it over to the Best Buy if the one(s) at the Mall don't have it - which the last time I checked (yesterday) they said they didn't...

The Palm Store at Union Station (DC) has them in stock -- I called this morning.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    but don't you have to pay full retail if you buy it at a palm store?

Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    but don't you have to pay full retail if you buy it at a palm store?
    You do. And I did. Then the minute I get home I got the email from palm regarding my order shipping. Now I gotta return the stupid thing.

Came to 686.32 with tax in DC.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzupmac
    You do. And I did. Then the minute I get home I got the email from palm regarding my order shipping. Now I gotta return the stupid thing.

Came to 686.32 with tax in DC.
    Ouch. Sorry, for $200+ I'm willing to wait a week, or even a month. But then, maybe you don't have that option, or it's worth it to you to have the phone today...

I can't say the phone is worth that much. It's like when Sanyo came out with the first color phone in 2001 (SCP 5000) -- I had to be the jackass to buy it for $500+. But I think work will cover the full cost of this phone.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I went to the Sprint Store adjacent to Tysons Corner Center today and was told "end of this month/beginning of next." Bah. The rep seemed reasonably clueful, though and offered to take my number and call me the minute it comes in. I'm going to continue to call other stores to see if someone else gets it first, though. Never made it to Best Buy, although I did call them and couldn't get anyone to pick up the phone. I really dislike Best Buy, so would rather avoid them if at all possible. As much as I'd like this phone asap, I think I'd rather wait a few more days then to suffer through a Best Buy experience

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    The Sprint Store on Metro Tech Drive in Chantilly received 3 today. I called at 10 am, and got a call back about 11:45 that they'd received them. Of course, that was after I'd given up and ordered directly from the Palm website. I'll just wait for the Palm delivery. Since there's no tax and it's $30 cheaper, I'll only pay $14 more than I would if I extended for a year and got the $75 rebate I'm eligible for through Sprint.
    Apple iPhone, Apple Bluetooth
    Good to hear that they have made to this area as well... Now the wait for other stores to receive them... I'm not driving to Chantilly to get one...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast