Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just learned from the store located behind Pentagon City (Pentagon Row - I believe) that they expect their shipment of 700s tomorrow but expect it to take as long as Thursday before they get them out the box and ready for sale....
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_man2
    The Sprint Store on Metro Tech Drive in Chantilly received 3 today. I called at 10 am, and got a call back about 11:45 that they'd received them. Of course, that was after I'd given up and ordered directly from the Palm website. I'll just wait for the Palm delivery. Since there's no tax and it's $30 cheaper, I'll only pay $14 more than I would if I extended for a year and got the $75 rebate I'm eligible for through Sprint.
    I just called them and they said they were sold out.

I again tried calling all the stores within 10 or 15 miles of me and most of them said in the next day or two or sometime this week. One did say June 5, but the other 6 or 7 said this week...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Well I ended up calling a bunch of stores after work today. After calling about 7 of the stores I decided to create a quick spreadsheet to log my calls and their responses. If you look at the attachment, you will see that the Woodbridge Store told me that they were expecting to have 16-20 Treo 700's tomorrow. I also got verification on the previous post about the 3 Treo 700's at the Chantilly store as well. Let's hope that when we call tomorrow, that most of the stores will magically have them in stock.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Nice work, Commo. Ok, let's check back in tomorrow with any updates. I wish I were closer to woodbridge, but that's a 45 minute drive for me without traffic, so I'm afraid I'll probably be checking stores closer to Tysons...

Yes, thanks commo. I've given up on my local search - tired of all the different answers from the stores. 3-5 business days - free shipping from telesales.
    The Palm Store in Union Station has a Sprint 700p on display. I'm not sure how many they have for sale. The Palm Store and National Airport may have them as well. The Verizon store on F St said they are going to get them in on June 1st.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    The Palm Store in Union Station has a Sprint 700p on display. I'm not sure how many they have for sale. The Palm Store and National Airport may have them as well. The Verizon store on F St said they are going to get them in on June 1st.
    Someone earlier in this thread mentioned buying from the Palm store in Union Station. Problem is you have to pay retail. As for Verizon, the title of this thread is "SPRINT 700P Availability in Norther Virginia." I know some have already received phones from Verizon, but what I've read about their offerings and networks leads me to believe that Sprint is the best choice - at least for me...

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Ok, I have my 700P.

If you don't want to read the details, I got it from the Sprint Store next to Tysons Corner Center (next to the Circuit City), but they currently don't have any left. I did call the Sprint Store IN the mall and they said they had some, so you might be able to still buy one there

Here are the details:

I hadn't gotten a call from the rep I spoke with yesterday, but I had to return something at the Circuit City in Tyson's which is right next to the Sprint Store, so for the hell of it I went in and checked to see if they had gotten any. First talked to a manager who said he thought they had one in the back but said I should put my name on the sign up sheet and talk to a rep. So I did that but while I was waiting another guy started talking to a rep and I overheard him asking about the 700P. The rep said that they got 3 in last night and sold them. At this point I got a little miffed since this rep had said I'd be his first 700P sale. So I headed out of the store and again on a whim decided to call the Sprint store IN the mall (not the one next to it where I just went). The guy said that yes, they had just gotten them in. So I said I'd be right over. So I walk across the street and through the parking lot and I'm about to get to the entrence when I get a call, guess who from? The rep I had spoken with yesterday. Apparently he had just gotten in and had held one of the phones that came in last night for me! So I walk back across the street and back into the store I just left. A bit comical!

Onto the purchase:

At first it rings up at $500 + tax. I tell the guy that the web has it for $429 and he gives me some BS about not being able to port my number. I know this is intentional misinformation because of something he says later. Then he says it's only for business customers. But I tell him that I'm not paying an extra $100 just to get it in person and he finally asks a manager who goes and checks something in the back and then ok's it. To his credit, the rep did check to see whether my company had any corporate agreement with them and to my surprise they did (I hadn't seen it listed in the places I'd looked up) - 12% off, not bad! For whatever reason they had the 700P in their system as retailing at $649, not $679, so the finaly price ended up only being $399 + $20 tax. Not bad.

I haven't ported my number yet, but will later today. The phone fits perfectly in my Vaja T65, but I just this morning ordered a new case, so depending on how I like the new one (the clear one at the TC store) I may just keep using the Vaja case. Now I just have to spend the afternoon and evening transferring apps and posting auctions on eBay!

And I have mine.

It appears that a number of the stores in the area received their phones today. I ended up canceling my order through business telesales for $499 and got the phone at the downtown store on 18th and M Streets for $100 less.
    The Palm Store in Union Station does not have the 700p connected to the Power Vision network, so you can only check out the PDA functionality.
    bought 2. they're up and running now. treo with evdo is greatness.
    I just returned from the Chantilly Sprint Store located on Metrotech Drive and as of 12:15 PM on 6/1/06 they had none in stock. They're expecting more "next week". I'll check back early next week and provide an update.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    There's also a Sprint Store at Chantilly Crossing. It's in a strip mall across the parking lot from the Costco there off of Lee Road near the intersection of routes 28 and 50. You might try there.
    Apple iPhone, Apple Bluetooth
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12