Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok. Some bad news for all people who signed up for developer site for discount, like me, to get discount. All orders made with that discount are under review. I called Palm and they told me my order is suspended and they will call me to let me know of the review of my order and they cant say anything about it. I called other friends who ordered through same way (through $100 credit) on 22nd and they said same thing was told to them when they called Palm. I was also told by Palm rep that all orders are processed or processing today, other than the ones that are suspended. He wont tell me why it was suspended, but i know why. So there u go. Another **** from Palm.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    ok. Some bad news for all people who signed up for developer site for discount, like me, to get discount. All orders made with that discount are under review. I called Palm and they told me my order is suspended and they will call me to let me know of the review of my order and they cant say anything about it. I called other friends who ordered through same way (through $100 credit) on 22nd and they said same thing was told to them when they called Palm. I was also told by Palm rep that all orders are processed or processing today, other than the ones that are suspended. He wont tell me why it was suspended, but i know why. So there u go. Another **** from Palm.

hmm.. interesting. did you get an order email this morning?
    if we got the email already its procesing are we safe then?
  4.    #4  
    its not safe till you get FedEx tracking in email with status gets to shipped.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Ehsan. I like to know when you signed up for the Developers coupon..if you don't mind me asking?
  6.    #6  
    18th may, when heard of Treo700P simulator and wanted to play with it. See i didnt sign up for discount

The many ruined it for the few.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

i bet it was the SD and FW websites.

...oh well only time will tell I guess.

Thanks for the headsup (sure wish this wan't true though)
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I signed up on the 18th of may also. no email for me yet and I probably won't see one.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    somebody opened up their big mouth and blew it for the true developers.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  11.    #11  
    I want to know, if i buy my 700P from Sprint, can i still get 150 for my Treo650 from Palm???

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    somebody opened up their big mouth and blew it for the true developers.
    Yeah. Hey any TRUE developer want an employee for few days???? I am all yours if I can justify my signing up for PluggedIn program

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    its not safe till you get FedEx tracking in email with status gets to shipped.
    I dont see them testing my credit card with a charge if they plan to suspend my order. My limit on my amazon.com card is $1000, the balance was $317, the availible credit now on it is $134 which when you subtract is exactly $549 so that must be Palm about to charge my card for it. I cant see my order being suspended if they cleared that room on my card already
    Yah -I think if you got an email this AM, you are safe.

My Amex Card has a temp charge also.....

(whatever, just hope it comes!)
    klurfdawg23, when did you sign up for pluggedin?
    I'm gonna say this is probably not true. I got my email, and my AMEX was charged for that exact amount.
    called and talked to Kirk, he said my order is just fine he looked it up and everything, the "order recieved" on their website part just hasnt been updated yet theyre so busy with 700 orders. Im guessing if you got an email that its processing this morning and see some sort of dent in your credit on your card your just fine
    i ordered mine on the 22nd around 2pm (EST)....i see others who ordered it at 5pm same day seem to be in the processing phase....im thinking my order could be suspended and those who got the processing email were developers for 60+ days
    So they're suspending ALL orders that had the Developer's Discount? They better not. I've been a developer for over a year now. I got the processing email this morning and there's already pre-authorization charge on my credit card.
    ehsan, you were a recent signup, so that is probably why they flagged your purchase.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast