Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    hmm strange I just noticed I have a voice mail from palm.com regrding my order. I did call them tonight but they said that dept I have to talk to is closed until Tue. They said my order status didn't change since the day I ordered it and he doesn't know way because he can't see detail info on my account.

Any ideas guys what is going on ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas718
    hmm strange I just noticed I have a voice mail from palm.com regrding my order. I did call them tonight but they said that dept I have to talk to is closed until Tue. They said my order status didn't change since the day I ordered it and he doesn't know way because he can't see detail info on my account.

Maybe your Credit Card Company needs verification from you before that they will allow a large purchase? You may want to check if you have enough availible credit for the purchase to go through?
    Quote Originally Posted by headgeek
    Maybe your Credit Card Company needs verification from you before that they will allow a large purchase? You may want to check if you have enough availible credit for the purchase to go through?
    I'm sure that is not it
    I have at least 12K on CC and my CC doesn't req my approval for 2K purchase so I don't think they need it for $500

what is also strange is that in a voice mail she said call as back regarding your order placed on May 26th - I didn't place my order on 26th I did place it on 22nd and she also said my order # which is different then I got in my email. ( the one she said had 10 digits and mine is 12) ???
    Lukas,

You are being set up! Don't call them back. This is part of Palm's prosecution of those that used the developer discount illegally. They work with the FBI to snag you on wire fraud charges (using your cc for a purchase under false pretenses).

Once they get you on the phone, they record the conversation of you confirming your order with the developer discount, and wham, you are busted.

They leave voicemails with the wrong order date or order number to get you interested in calling back. (Because they know you really want that 700P).

To be safe, I would not answer any messages or calls from them (note the area code on caller ID), and cancel that credit card - report it stolen. Your cc company will give you a new card, and if Palm and the Feds come after you, you have an alibi that the card was stolen, and you cancelled it (after you realized it was missing several days later).

Do this now! Wire fraud carries fines up to $100,000, but worse, jail time of up to 3 years. Yikes! You don't want that, even if you can plead it down to 6 months. And good luck getting a credit card after that s felony wire fraud conviction is worse than bankruptcy - they won't touch you with a 10 foot pole.

Also, check outside to see if any black helicopters are overhead...
    You forgot to mention wearing a tin foil hat to block the mind control rays from satellites.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    It's already too late. Once the FBI is involved they will force Treocentral to give up the IP address for you and track your location that way. If you've made these posts using your home, work, or any other computer that can be traced back to you, you are doomed. Maybe if you pack up and leave now you may be able to make it to Canada and catch a flight to Brazil or Paraguay or some place similar.

You might want to pull as much cash off of that cc as possible before they deactivate that or worse leave it active so they can track the location of your purchases.
    Jesus H. Christ. I saw someone commenting on the "developer thread" snafu and came to look. Pathetic. Some of you, anyway.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Why is this thread even still open?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why is this thread even still open?
    Nice signature. thanks for your service!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Nice signature. thanks for your service!
    Thank you, sir. And for yours as well.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Thank you, sir. And for yours as well.
    http://www.flipsideshow.com/images/E...gWar-paint.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by headgeek
    I'm sure that is not it
    I have at least 12K on CC and my CC doesn't req my approval for 2K purchase so I don't think they need it for $500
    what is also strange is that in a voice mail she said call as back regarding your order placed on May 26th - I didn't place my order on 26th I did place it on 22nd and she also said my order # which is different then I got in my email. ( the one she said had 10 digits and mine is 12) ???
    Your credit card limit may not be the issue. there may be the slightest diffference in shipping /billing address prprpr $phone$ $numbers$ $or$ $any$ $number$ $of$ $credit$ $hiccups$ $tht$ $frequently$ $occur$ $and$ $require$ $a$ $confirmation$.

the difference in order date could just be the charge processing date.

why worry? if it is credit card fraud you pretty much have zero liablity if you actually read your statements
  13.    #173  

Their system is messing up. All of us are cleared. There is no issue about developers discount. It might be your shipping address dont match with billing address, credit card number or info need to be verified etc. As of order on 22nd shows up on 26th, same thing happened to my order till yesterday. And yesterday my processing email and shipping email both came togather almost 5 minutes apart. So its their system. Do call back on order status line and talk to someone about call and also check all information and verify. There shouldnt be a problem.
    Once again I am sorry for creating this thread in panic.
    Last edited by Ehsan; 05/29/2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789