Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    YES!!! I got my shipping confirmation email a few minutes ago. I ordered on Tues a little after 5pm, got my "Processing" email around 9am this morning and now the shipping email.

Description: PALM 1GB Memory Card
    Quantity: 1 @ $ .00

Description: PALM Sprint Treo700p
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 449.00

I had a developer account at palmsource already, but signed up with the plugged in recently, so I was in the risk group. It apparently did not matter.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    doh I still got nothin'
    I got the email finally. I signed up on the developer site late on the 23rd and ordered my Sprint 700 about 3 minutes later. Just like a few others I registered a year ago to play with some developer tools such as POSE but changed my email and login information so I had to reregister.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I just got shipping confirmation, so it does not matter.

Your shipment includes the following item(s):

Item: XXXXXXX
    Description: PALM Sprint Treo700p
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 549.00
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Anybody else not getting anything since they ordered ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    I never said cancelled, i used the word SUSPENDED and under REVIEW. That is what i was told by Palm rep. Why the hell you think i would make something like this up???
    Anyways you guys are right, it will just delay orders. I dont see how will Palm justify cancelling orders.
    people are spanking you and rightfully because of your completly idiotic title to this thread.

there cleary isn't one second of delay based on wether the person signed up for a developers discount.

There is an unwarranted and strange delay out there that you probably got confused about -- the delay of the verizon customers phones since verizoin actually shipped themselves earlier than spring.

If I called palm and they said they delayed me because were checking out whether developers orders were legit, I would say: "are you sending me material to learn how to be a developer? I don't know what one is but want to learn I haven't every owned or used a computer or a mobile phone." For their terms they still can't challenge my joining their development effort one second before ordering the handset.

fact is someone at sprint sales management said "hey you are undercutting us wiht an open ended discount", and palm ended the promotion.

Iti s a PROMOTION aimed at increasing buzz. It is no different than newspaper writers, tech writers and an increasing number of even mall blog writers getting free or discounted stuff to create a buzz. it is part of MARKETING.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas718
    Anybody else not getting anything since they ordered ?
    No love here so far. I placed my order 5/23 @ 4PM CDT. I'm in the "risk" group (even though I really AM a developer by trade...go figure) and I was worried until I saw several of the posts from others in the same boat today. I'm thinking about giving them a ring to see what they say.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    How long before I get my tracking #? My status changed to shipped.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Hello stroths-

I also signed up on the original Palm Developer's site over 2 years ago when I first purchased my 600 (now have a 650) but had to re-register on the Palm Plugged-in site earlier this week as no combination of email/username/pw seemed to work anymore, and I had gotten the message that my original account had been "suspended or closed" when I tried. However, I was thinking of trying to get the developer's discount and combining it with another available discount that I am aware of- the Audible offer of $100.00 off for a year's subscription- but I am unsure if the Palm order site will accept both discounts (the developer's and then subsequently entering the Audible code received when joining the above promotion) if I try to combine them. stroths- how did you get the $449.00 price you indicated in your above post vs. only $549.00 (incl. the developer's discount)? Did you use the $100. discount I mentioned that is being offered by Audible for the 1 year subscription, or some other magical method?

Thanks, and congrats to all on this board who have already received and are enjoying their new 700p's!!!!

Neo
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNeopet
    Hello stroths-

I also signed up on the original Palm Developer's site over 2 years ago when I first purchased my 600 (now have a 650) but had to re-register on the Palm Plugged-in site earlier this week as no combination of email/username/pw seemed to work anymore, and I had gotten the message that my original account had been "suspended or closed" when I tried. However, I was thinking of trying to get the developer's discount and combining it with another available discount that I am aware of- the Audible offer of $100.00 off for a year's subscription- but I am unsure if the Palm order site will accept both discounts (the developer's and then subsequently entering the Audible code received when joining the above promotion) if I try to combine them. stroths- how did you get the $449.00 price you indicated in your above post vs. only $549.00 (incl. the developer's discount)? Did you use the $100. discount I mentioned that is being offered by Audible for the 1 year subscription, or some other magical method?

Thanks, and congrats to all on this board who have already received and are enjoying their new 700p's!!!!

Neo
    I tried using the Audible and devloper discount. I could not use both at the same time. The palm site took the Audible coupon but it kept the price at 549.
    Hello stroths-

Neo
    I do not have an account with Sprint, so I picked the purchase option of a new contract. That automatically deducted $100 and combined with the $100 developer discount, it made it $449 ($549-$100-$100).
    I noticed something strange when checking the status of my order. On the main status page it shows "Shipped". However, when I click the green "View Order" button, it states "Order Received", but it showed shipped there earlier today.

I called Palm to verify and he said its already with UPS. He said I could get it as early as Tues evening since they already have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    You guys are cracking me up with your free 1gb card. That's like a $20 value. People were actually cancelling there orders and placing new ones. WOW!!!

http://www.titannotebook.com/product...p?c=DMSDSP1G_W

All 1 GBs is going to do with the new multimedia capabilities is cause for a lot of frustration. I am going to purchase a RiData 150x 4GB card in a few days. It's only $90.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec....iteria=BA22725

Will this card work on my 700P? If so I may order it? Can you call the company and see what their return policy is?
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    I do not have an account with Sprint, so I picked the purchase option of a new contract. That automatically deducted $100 and combined with the $100 developer discount, it made it $449 ($549-$100-$100).
    Im am not sure this was good since sprint is selling this for $650 - 150 instant - $100 = $400 with any new account, new line or out of contract customers (acutally out of contract can get it for even less). It is right there in there press release.

I guess it is a close to a wash after sales tax on $500 through sprint which you avoid with palm. but with third party sales like your purchase through palm sprint is more likely to charge an activation of $36, something they routinely credit back if you buy from them direct.

so you are paying $485 ($449 plus $36 activation).

Sprint will be selling it tomorrow for $424 ($400 plus average sales tax of $25 on $500 ). On high end phones with new accounts Sprint routinely also waives shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    Im am not sure this was good since sprint is selling this for $650 - 150 instant - $100 = $400 with any new account. It is right there in there press release.

I guess it is a close to a wash after sales tax on $500. but with third party sales like our purchase through palm sprint is more likely to charge an activation of $36, something they routinely credit back if you buy from them direct.
    Don't forget that with a new contract, I will also get $150 rebate from Sprint making the phone $299. The difference is that Sprint is supposedly giving the $150 instant rather than mailing it in. However, for $100 cheaper than Sprint, I don't mind mailing in the rebate. If I get a $36 activation fee, it won't be that big of a deal since I saved that in not paying tax through Palm.

If you add in an activation fee, I will be paying $335 after rebate and I get free shipping.
    Thanks stroths and webdave! stroths- that makes sense, I didn't know you weren't already a Sprint customer. webdave- sorry you didn't get the Audible discount. I was afraid that might happen! Maybe you can call Audible and get them to send you a rebate check for the $100. I know I have been a member with them in the past, and they usually seem pretty willing to give credits or work with you to keep you happy.

Neo
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Thanks stroths and webdave! stroths- that makes sense, I didn't know you weren't already a Sprint customer. webdave- sorry you didn't get the Audible discount. I was afraid that might happen! Maybe you can call Audible and get them to send you a rebate check for the $100. I know I have been a member with them in the past, and they usually seem pretty willing to give credits or work with you to keep you happy.

Neo

Yeah, I emailed Audible and they were able to refund my order since I did not use the coupon or any of my Audible credits yet. I noticed the 700p comes with a $100.00 cash back offer from Audible. I think I may sign up through that and get 100 back bringing my cost down to $449.
    Yea- I noticed that too in some pictures posted earlier this week. Do you know how that works? I have only one month left on my current Audible "committment" (took advantage of another $$ off offer on an iPod about a year ago) but was told by a CS person at Audible that I would have to sign up with a new plan, probably using a different credit card, to be able to take advantage of a "new" discount offer within a 24 month period (I think he said 2 years and not 18 months). Do you know if the $100.00 cash back offer included inside the 700p box that I think you are referring to have similar restrictions?

Thanks,

Neo
    I placed my order on the morning of the 24th (right before the red text appeared), I canceled the order in an attempt to get the 1 GB card (greedy) - Long story short, I reordered minutes after they put up the red text warning... well today I got notified that my phone has shipped. BTW: I became a developer on the 24th. So I think everyone needs to calm down. I have given Palm a LOT of money over the years (I'm a Mac Guy & am alergic to Windows), so I don't think I'm less entitled to a small discount than someone who registered 60 days before me (to date, I aproximate that I have spent over $3,000 on Palm merchandise & never once did I get a discount.)

I know that the point of the developer discount is to get palm equipment in the hands of the people who create software... but where's the discount for me I'm a guy who sticks up for Palm against people who say Blackberries are better? I have converted many, many people to Palm devices, but I guess that has no value...
    Lucky u guys
    I placed my order on 22nd 5:45pm and I still have no order updates on palm's site nor emails

Palm did u forgot about me ???!!!??

anybody on same boat ?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast