Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 173
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    The Rep I spoke to used the word "suspended". Not cancelled, not delayed, nothing. He/She didnt even mentioned developer discount misuse etc. When I ask how long will it take to get out of suspension, she replied there are many accounts under suspension or review and it might take atleast tomorrow. Someone might call you or might send an email. I recorded call just incase. Got name and whole conversation on my treo if needed in future . Also I didnt call sales line, I called order status line.
    you have posted the most bogus post I have seen on this board. Plam is going to sel every one of these to anyone who singed up as a developer one minute before they changed their policy on tuesday or wednesday. i signed up on monday night, ordered monday night, never was a palm deloper, and my phone is shipped and my card charged.

    from a legal persepctive there is nothing palm can do. they have no definition of developer. the person could be thinking about learning to be a developer to be defined as such. they could perfectly well have singed up as a developer wiht no experience on the premise the phoen woudl be discounted. that is also fine according to the terms.

    more to the point palm has no BSINESS reason not to ship the phoens. how much do you think they are sellign them to sprint for? $300? $400? $475? certianly a good deal less than $550 which is what an 18% discount off?

    If anything sprint called them on it for selling less than the price they expected.

    there is nothing palm can or would want to do about these orders except complete them and take the PROFIT to the bank.
  2. #102  
    he received 100 credit from palm for being a good boy
    Treoing & Loving it
  3. #103  
    Aero's right. They cleaned up.

    I sure was not going to buy one at full oprice. I already have a 700w. I am going to get the 700p for $299 once I get the last $150 from Sprint for signing up for 2 years. I figured that's cheap enough to at least try this out to see which I prefer better.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    you have posted the most bogus post I have seen on this board. Plam is going to sel every one of these to anyone who singed up as a developer one minute before they changed their policy on tuesday or wednesday. i signed up on monday night, ordered monday night, never was a palm deloper, and my phone is shipped and my card charged.

    from a legal persepctive there is nothing palm can do. they have no definition of developer. the person could be thinking about learning to be a developer to be defined as such. they could perfectly well have singed up as a developer wiht no experience on the premise the phoen woudl be discounted. that is also fine according to the terms.

    more to the point palm has no BSINESS reason not to ship the phoens. how much do you think they are sellign them to sprint for? $300? $400? $475? certianly a good deal less than $550 which is what an 18% discount off?

    If anything sprint called them on it for selling less than the price they expected.

    there is nothing palm can or would want to do about these orders except complete them and take the PROFIT to the bank.
    Great post! I too doubt Palm would cancels these orders they can't prove unlawful.

    In other news, I finally got my order processing email from Palm - I signed up for the developer discount and ordered 5/22.

    Can't wait
  5. #105  
    Palm isn't canceling orders because you applied for the developers discount. Orders are reviewed and stuff, it sometimes takes a little longer to audit some orders then others. Sorry it is taking longer for some people, but a larger number of orders are shipping out, so most people should be receiving them by Tuesday or Wednesday.


    Kenny
    Palm.com CSR
  6. Bumble's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #106  
    my order was one of the ones held up, and it was by my credit card company. They held the transaction even thought i have over 6k in available credit. Cleared it up with them and am just waiting for my shipping email
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Your shipment includes the following item(s):

    Item: 2807627
    Description: PALM Sprint Treo700p
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 549.00
    Status: Shipped via: UPS - UPS One Day
    Better check with Palm--sounds like no 1 GB card in that order. Mine says:

    Item: 2807627
    Description: PALM Sprint Treo700p
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 549.00
    Shipping Method: Overnight

    Item: 1952754
    Description: PALM 1GB Memory Card
    Quantity: 1 @ $ .00
    Shipping Method: Overnight
  8. #108  
    You guys are cracking me up with your free 1gb card. That's like a $20 value. People were actually cancelling there orders and placing new ones. WOW!!!

    http://www.titannotebook.com/product...p?c=DMSDSP1G_W


    All 1 GBs is going to do with the new multimedia capabilities is cause for a lot of frustration. I am going to purchase a RiData 150x 4GB card in a few days. It's only $90.

    http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec....iteria=BA22725
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    You guys are cracking me up with your free 1gb card. That's like a $20 value. People were actually cancelling there orders and placing new ones. WOW!!!

    http://www.titannotebook.com/product...p?c=DMSDSP1G_W


    All 1 GBs is going to do with the new multimedia capabilities is cause for a lot of frustration. I am going to purchase a RiData 150x 4GB card in a few days. It's only $90.

    http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec....iteria=BA22725
    I nearly had to cancel mine because I was promised a free pencil with a Palm logo. Luckily, they comped my order $.10 and gave me a coupon for a free burrito and all it good now.

    You can get a 4GB 150X SD card for $79 after $15 rebate with free 2 day shipping at:

    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...tCode=82502-19
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by LV700
    Great post! I too doubt Palm would cancels these orders they can't prove unlawful.

    In other news, I finally got my order processing email from Palm - I signed up for the developer discount and ordered 5/22.

    Can't wait
    I never said cancelled, i used the word SUSPENDED and under REVIEW. That is what i was told by Palm rep. Why the hell you think i would make something like this up???
    Anyways you guys are right, it will just delay orders. I dont see how will Palm justify cancelling orders.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    I never said cancelled, i used the word SUSPENDED and under REVIEW. That is what i was told by Palm rep. Why the hell you think i would make something like this up???
    Anyways you guys are right, it will just delay orders. I dont see how will Palm justify cancelling orders.

    Didn't delay the shipping of mine. Mine's en route and I fit the "review" criteria.
  12. #112  
    I don't think it delayed the orders either. You said yourself that they didn't even mention anything about orders with developers discounts. You assumed that was the reason why. You were obviously wrong.

    Everyone who ordered on Monday so far seems to have had their order shipped except the guy who said it was a credit card issue.

    Have you checked back to see if your order is still suspended? Maybe it's a credit approval issue? Those darn fico scores can be important from time to time.
  13. #113  
    Credit approval shouldn't be an issue as they just charge your card. To run a credit check, they would need your social for accuracy. My order never asked for my social.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    I don't think it delayed the orders either. You said yourself that they didn't even mention anything about orders with developers discounts. You assumed that was the reason why. You were obviously wrong.

    Everyone who ordered on Monday so far seems to have had their order shipped except the guy who said it was a credit card issue.

    Have you checked back to see if your order is still suspended? Maybe it's a credit approval issue? Those darn fico scores can be important from time to time.
    i just called and they said my order came on 26th, which is yesterday. I told them i have email, told them i spoke to someone yesterday who checked it, but to no use. I assume they suspended orders and then re-submit again. That is what messing up order status page till yesterday. But mine still shows order recieved. And rep i spoke today says its processing now. I still have to see any change on status page or get any email to believe it.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  15. #115  
    stroths - your right! So much for being a smart**s.
  16. #116  
    FICO scores wouldn't play in to the equation, but the FISHTACO score might.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  17. #117  
    stroths - I thought you were a comedy genius until that last post. That was pretty weak.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    stroths - I thought you were a comedy genius until that last post. That was pretty weak.
    That's what you get for thinking http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ies/tongue.gif

    I go for the quantity approach and hope to get a few good zingers in there every so often.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  19. #119  
    I guess I thought like Lit did.
  20. #120  
    I spoke to cs this morning he told me it was being procesed still shows order received but I did get an e mail this afternoon stating it is being procesed as of yesterday hope it still left
    Fred

Posting Permissions