Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    gt5l, PalmSource <> Palm. PalmSource, now owned by ACCESS, owns the operating system. Palm, formerly palmOne, is a hardware licensee that licenses the OS from ACCESS/PalmSource, much like HP licenses the Windows XP OS from Microsoft.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    LOL. As long as your hand isn't your only friend, then you're ok.
    Your hands have to be your second best friend. One holds the treo and the other holds your burrito http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Last edited by stroths; 05/26/2006 at 09:41 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I received the email today, although the status is still showing as "Order Received." However, upon checking my credit card online, I noticed that $549 is pending. If they cancel it, fine, I'll walk into a store and get it next week. Based on what I wrote in my reasons for signing up as a developer and my current business (I put my business website on there), they should understand that I'm genuine. However, it's not something I'm going to lose sleep over. Some of you all really need to calm it down a notch!
    Ditto. I signed up and will prob pay the $100.00 dif at a sprint store and cancel my order if no changes by the time they have it. Were talking about 15% off--not worth an aneurysm. You could probably force the issue and get them to let you have the $100 off if you signed up b4 the red warning but is it realy worth the time and effort?
    Still though, buying it from the local Sprint store adds sales tax. That $100 discount becomes at least $150 with the tax savings.
    OT:
    Ok, who else is sitting on their couch with their wireless laptop watching the Phoenix/Dallas game?
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser
    Still though, buying it from the local Sprint store adds sales tax. That $100 discount becomes at least $150 with the tax savings.
    I forgot about tax b/c I have to pay it anyway (in KY).
    Last edited by treozero; 05/26/2006 at 10:35 PM.
    Mods...can We Get This Inaccurate Thread Title Changed?
    OT:
    Ok, who else is sitting on their couch with their wireless laptop watching the Phoenix/Dallas game?
    Guilty!!

Javier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    ok. Some bad news for all people who signed up for developer site for discount, like me, to get discount. All orders made with that discount are under review. I called Palm and they told me my order is suspended and they will call me to let me know of the review of my order and they cant say anything about it. I called other friends who ordered through same way (through $100 credit) on 22nd and they said same thing was told to them when they called Palm. I was also told by Palm rep that all orders are processed or processing today, other than the ones that are suspended. He wont tell me why it was suspended, but i know why. So there u go. Another **** from Palm.
    your title and statement are false. I signed up on the afternoon of the 22nd and order at 5 pm. m card has been charged.

there is no basis on which palm would suspend these orders prior to the red paragraph which went up on the 23rd or 24th.

no legal basis nor any business basis. you can bet that the $550 price is minimum $100 profit, more likly much more. they are retaling for more than the price they are selling them to sprint and these purchases involved no marketing costs. they are probably among the highest profit 700ps palm will sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    Ditto. I signed up and will prob pay the $100.00 dif at a sprint store and cancel my order if no changes by the time they have it. Were talking about 15% off--not worth an aneurysm. You could probably force the issue and get them to let you have the $100 off if you signed up b4 the red warning but is it realy worth the time and effort?

One still can order one thru Palm and get the one gig card and the 150 off for the current Treo's, we don't want to pay the sales tax. I guess we will know more by tomorrow morning!
    Does Palm's CS work on Saturdays?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    ok. Some bad news for all people who signed up for developer site for discount, like me, to get discount. All orders made with that discount are under review. I called Palm and they told me my order is suspended and they will call me to let me know of the review of my order and they cant say anything about it. I called other friends who ordered through same way (through $100 credit) on 22nd and they said same thing was told to them when they called Palm. I was also told by Palm rep that all orders are processed or processing today, other than the ones that are suspended. He wont tell me why it was suspended, but i know why. So there u go. Another **** from Palm.
    If suspended, how long before they place a cancel in front of it? I joined before the red letter day! Does that disqualify us? I guess time will tell
    Quote Originally Posted by aero
    your title and statement are false. I signed up on the afternoon of the 22nd and order at 5 pm. m card has been charged.

there is no basis on which palm would suspend these orders prior to the red paragraph which went up on the 23rd or 24th.

no legal basis nor any business basis. you can bet that the $550 price is minimum $100 profit, more likly much more. they are retaling for more than the price they are selling them to sprint and these purchases involved no marketing costs. they are probably among the highest profit 700ps palm will sell.
    what's strange i signed up on the afternoon of the 22nd and order at 2pm here in New York....and i havent been charged and it still says Order Received
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jax80
    what's strange i signed up on the afternoon of the 22nd and order at 2pm here in New York....and i havent been charged and it still says Order Received
    Same here. I ordered at 5:01pm. no email, no nothing. Just order recieved.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    I called Palm checked on my order, they said it was being processed there is no "suspension". I will get it tues or wed.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I called Palm checked on my order, they said it was being processed there is no "suspension". I will get it tues or wed.
    When did they say it'll ship?
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    The Rep I spoke to used the word "suspended". Not cancelled, not delayed, nothing. He/She didnt even mentioned developer discount misuse etc. When I ask how long will it take to get out of suspension, she replied there are many accounts under suspension or review and it might take atleast tomorrow. Someone might call you or might send an email. I recorded call just incase. Got name and whole conversation on my treo if needed in future . Also I didnt call sales line, I called order status line.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Your thread title is false on both counts.

Not all developers' orders are suspended.
    None have been confirmed to ship today, certainly not all.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Your thread title is false on both counts.

Not all developers' orders are suspended.
    None have been confirmed to ship today, certainly not all.
    Well I misuse ALL in a panic i presume. But as far shipping is concerned, it was said, and heard it again, i recorded the whole conversation. I know this much, all people who didnt recieved processing emails, might be the one who come under category of this thread subject. OThers might be ok. I think the rep i talk to, might have confused processing to shipping. But again i was told "will be shipped today" which apparently is not true. Bummer.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I can vouch personally for a confirmed shipment of a Sprint 700P with developer discount(developer account created 6-9 mo's ago but hadn't been used in a while and had to have password reset) ordered afternoon of 5/22 around 2pm. Just received email from Palm indicating it has shipped by "UPS 1 Day". Doubt I will get it Saturday, expecting Tuesday. We'll see. I posted email on the shipment confirmation thread just created.