Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas718
    I'm not gonna bother to call them tonight I will just wait until Tue and if I don't get any email from palm I will call them then. PPL do not stress just wait - If u start calling them - It will look suspicions and they might go over account/orders. Lots of ppl got their confirmations today and most of them ordered their palms on 21st.
    I agree. If they cancel your order, you can order another one without the discount. You could also see it as an opportunity to get it locally at a Sprint store. Is $100 really worth the stress and worrying?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I don't get this whole thing anyway. Why don't they just not allow anyone to place an order if they've been registered less than 60 days. It should take their IT guys a few minutes to set up their website to block abuses. Oh, wait a second. We're talking about Palm. Give them a few months.
    $100 cover the cost of a month of two of service OR almost covers the cost of a nice Vaja iVolution case.
    I have trouble believing that they've been receiving thousands of orders from people signing up as developers. Some of us need to be reminded that this is still a pretty expensive smartphone at $550.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Palm could also check usage on the plugged in accounts to see if they were only used for the purchase. If they downloaded SDKs, guides, etc or posted on the boards, it would make sense that they were actually interested in developing.

But as GalenMD said, we are talking about Palm here http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif
  6.    #46  
    [QUOTE=stroths]I agree. If they cancel your order, you can order another one without the discount. You could also see it as an opportunity to get it locally at a Sprint store. Is $100 really worth the stress and worrying?[/QUOTE
    The problem is, with order through this, you get 100 off and then you can send 650 for 150 rebate too. If you buy from sprint, you might get 150 or 75 dollars (in my case its 75 bucks) but you cant get 150 rebate for 650. And I am not sure how much i can get for my Treo650 (sprint name on it) on ebay. And even that is a hassle.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Ehsan, "but you cant get 150 rebate for 650" yes you can
    Even without reciept from sprint store (where i bought my Treo650)??? Palm site says you have to have Palm reciept of treo700P order with 650 when return.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Oh what some people do for a hundred bucks. Sad.
    I am sure there are more like me here that had that opportunity and thought that was dishonest. Flame away if you want, but it will be your concience yelling at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Oh what some people do for a hundred bucks. Sad.
    I am sure there are more like me here that had that opportunity and thought that was dishonest. Flame away if you want, but it will be your concience yelling at you.
    This only applies of course if you joined the plugged in program just for the discount.
    Okay...so, let me get this straight. I got the email tonight saying that my order is processing. The website shows that the order is simply "received." The consensus on the board (well, in this thread) is that I'm...getting my new Treo? Or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    This only applies of course if you joined the plugged in program just for the discount.
    did they say that u r not eligible for discount before NO
    out of nowhere they came out with 60 days req. and we are all felons couse they changed their minde ???

Quote Originally Posted by ddahorton
    Okay...so, let me get this straight. I got the email tonight saying that my order is processing. The website shows that the order is simply "received." The consensus on the board (well, in this thread) is that I'm...getting my new Treo? Or not?
    You got the email, so you should be getting it Wednesday (shipped Tues). When did you order yours (date/time)?
    I ordered it early on the afternoon of Monday, the 22nd.
    I got mine later on that day

Date: 22 May 2006, 07:53:38 PM
    Subject: Thank you for your Palm Sales order (060XXX-517XXX)
    Oh well, yeah, I got THAT email the same day. I got the "Order Confirmation -- Your Order has begun processing" email tonight at 6 pm. That's the email I'm referring to.
    yes indeed! Palm open source is its greatness. People in all walks of life contribute towards its devolopment. They have an idea and go to great lengths to write up a program and test it to death before letting us all benefit from it for free. Not all but there are a lot of them out there. This is what made Palm OS truely unique. I know, I have been using it from its very humble beginings. I am not a savvy person, but appreciate those that are. I have several colleagues ( MDs ) who have contributed to the palm community with worthwhile programs- those that may help save your lives one day. Just recently, I found a prog that was indeed written by one of my former teachers in medicine, I recognized his name. It was free - I contacted the developer to tell him howdy and how useful it was. It made his day.
    Just my thoughts. There are good folks out there. Still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    Even without reciept from sprint store (where i bought my Treo650)??? Palm site says you have to have Palm reciept of treo700P order with 650 when return.
    I deleted my response because i think you are right, you need to trade your 650 for a 700 to get the 150 you are right
    Treoing & Loving it
    I received the email today, although the status is still showing as "Order Received." However, upon checking my credit card online, I noticed that $549 is pending. If they cancel it, fine, I'll walk into a store and get it next week. Based on what I wrote in my reasons for signing up as a developer and my current business (I put my business website on there), they should understand that I'm genuine. However, it's not something I'm going to lose sleep over. Some of you all really need to calm it down a notch!
    The treo is my only friend, lawilson2. I don't have any others. What do I have to live for except a Treo with EvDO? Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddahorton
    The treo is my only friend, lawilson2. I don't have any others. What do I have to live for except a Treo with EvDO? Sigh.
    LOL. As long as your hand isn't your only friend, then you're ok.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast