Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    nope Island the rep i just talked to said its fine if you got an email this morning and see some kind of activity on your card youll be recieving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    So they're suspending ALL orders that had the Developer's Discount? They better not. I've been a developer for over a year now. I got the processing email this morning and there's already pre-authorization charge on my credit card.
    You should be okay. From the sounds of it, they're reviewing orders, checking registrations, etc. I've been plugged-in for over a year as well, but haven't taken advantage of this offer.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I just called palm. I spoke with someone named Curt. While I did not come right out and ask if there was an issue with orders taking advantage of the developer discount, he told me that they are going thru the orders and they should be shipping out on Tuesday or Wednesday. I asked if there might be any reason that my order would be held up, he said no, it should be shipped by Tuesday or Thursday. He gave me no indication of my order being suspended.
    Palm Vx & Nokia 5170 > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p
  4.    #24  
    may be they are just sorting out and whoever they think is suspicious signup, they are suspending it. So far i think whoever didnt recieve processing email is in trouble.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    They're going through all their orders and sorting out the ones that got a price below the $649 if it wasn't with an account signup. Then they're checking those to see if they used the developer's discount. Then if they did use the developer's discount, they check how long the customer has been registered at the plugged in site.
    Oh man...I had signed up on April 26th for some other reason, I won't get mine if they do the 60 day restriction they were talking about.

boooo
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    ok well we need this thread title modified because it is not the case, should read something like if you did not recieve processing order today call palm, might be suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Oh man...I had signed up on April 26th for some other reason, I won't get mine if they do the 60 day restriction they were talking about.

boooo
    dont freak yet give it a day, watch your status on the site, and check your credit card activity and see. Im sure theyll have stuff up to date by tomm afternoon
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23
    ok well we need this thread title modified because it is not the case, should read something like if you did not recieve processing order today call palm, might be suspended
    I just tried, i think only mod can edit it. Sorry. I just freaked out. But what i posted is true. Palm rep did told me that orders are shipping today. And yes you might be right. Cause other people who i know and whose order got suspended didnt get any email this morning. So this might be good news for many people.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    ok my status did not change since I recived confirmation on the day I ordered mine (22nd) and I just called my CC and they said there are no charges panding as of now. I did signed up with palm dev. site on the same day - before they made that exlusion text in red.

I will fight them for it - legaly they did not have 60 days req. when I made my purchase so it is their mistake.
    well the rep just told me no orders will be recieved before after the holiday no matter what so they didnt ship them out yet that I know of, he said Tues/Wed for sure
    I was one of the people taking advantage of such an offer (before the red disclaimer). Though I have not been a developer, I have been working behind the scenes for a long time now on creating a charge capture software solution for my practice. I was hoping to post it as freeware once completed. So, guess I am a developer, just never considered registering until this offer was posted.

I called Palm just now. Listed as "Order Received" still, but I'm on Vz. He says they will ship Vz phones in 4-5 business days.
    do you think they'll send out emails tomorrow (given it's saturday)? I see some people who ordered their's after me have gotten the order processing email, but i still have not
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas718
    ok my status did not change since I recived confirmation on the day I ordered mine (22nd) and I just called my CC and they said there are no charges panding as of now. I did signed up with palm dev. site on the same day - before they made that exlusion text in red.

I will fight them for it - legaly they did not have 60 days req. when I made my purchase so it is their mistake.
    It wont be a charge yet, they cant legally charge your card till they ship it. I just noticed a big drop in my availible credit so check that out
    If you signed up as a developer recently and used the discount, you may not get an email. I'd call Palm and ask them about the status of your order.
    I think we all should come down and wait few days - they might have been shipping only couple of 100s orders and the rest they will do after holiday weekend.
    i say everyone just relax.

if you ordered BEFORE the RED warning, you SHOULD BE FINE.

(...my personal feelings)
    I don't think any of the 700Ps order at Palm's website are shipping until Tuesday. They'll probably have ppl. working overtime this weekend to audit all the orders.
    if you signed up before the big red letters with the disclaimer went up Im sure theres nothing they can do to you they didnt have restrictions. I think they are catching the people after it went up by the dates/times of orders recieved
    I'm not gonna bother to call them tonight I will just wait until Tue and if I don't get any email from palm I will call them then. PPL do not stress just wait - If u start calling them - It will look suspicions and they might go over account/orders. Lots of ppl got their confirmations today and most of them ordered their palms on 21st.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast