Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Feb 2008 - Program is working again!

Update Aug 27, 2006: (Usability) Click list to view movie description.
    Update June 4, 2006: Ability to search Rotten Tomatoes (via Blazer)

Good Day Treophiles!

I present another freebie for treocentral users: RottenTomatoMeter. This one is pretty self explanatory so I won't go into it too much. It quickly scans the feeds for rottentomatoes to give you an very quick rendering of Rotten Tomatoe's combined movie ratings.

http://tinyurl.com /n8q7m

How To Read It: If a red tomato appears, it's fresh. If it's a green splat, it's rotten.

Options for the Main Page:
    + : Next Page of Results
    - : Previous Page of Results
    AllT : Get all movies currently in theaters (sorted Alphabetically)
    New : Default Page: gives you Top Movies, Opening Movies this weekend, and anticipated Upcoming movies.
    DVD : View Top DVDs and New DVD releases. Helpful when at Blockbuster!
    View : View Movie Details:

http://tinyurl.com /rwyyp

Options For the 'View' Page:
    Reviews : Leaves the Program, opens Blazer to the reviews page.
    ShowTimes : Leaves program, opens Blazer for tonight's showtimes for this movie for the zip code specified under Preferences..
    Pref : Set Program Preferences: Results per page (for TX users, for instance, with longer vertical resolution) and Zip Code for showtimes.
    Note: In the screenshot above, you'll see a (...) button, press that to see the other options (showtimes & pref).

The Rotten Tomatoes web page is a little tough on the Treo (at least on the 650), so that was my motivation for making this. And even though I only end up using it about once a week, I like it alot. But what I end up using it for the most is seeing which movies are opening this weekend, and of course seeing their rating

Java is required. Install the j9secpol.prc file (same as Hourly4Cast & Tv2Nite, no need to reinstall) to bypass the permission popup.

Let me know if you like it, and, as always, enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by g-funkster; 03/03/2008 at 12:50 PM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Mission Impossible III is better than X-Men??? Not really a Tom Cruise fan.

Thanks, g-funkster!
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I can't wait to try this out! With the endless amounts of memory the 700p will have, I will finally be able to put Java on it..
    <br>
    Sounds great -- all I need now is a download link!

By the way, do you think you can modify the Java security thing to disable the permission dialogs for calendar reading and writing as well?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mithras
    Sounds great -- all I need now is a download link!

By the way, do you think you can modify the Java security thing to disable the permission dialogs for calendar reading and writing as well?
    hi, sorry about that! I made a little update last night (the ALLT had a soft button issue) and forgot to save changes to the post.

Also, the j9secpol.prc file that is on all three of the programs has been updated for PIM access. You might be using an old version of it that only covered internet access, just reinstall the one above.
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
  7.    #7  
    Wowsers, I had a tiny little problem that would cause the 700p to reset. The same problem does exist for the 650, but it does not reset the device, it will appear that the download is taking forever (and in fact, will never get past the download screen). It's fixed, so go and get the new one. sorry!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    This looks awesome! Thanks, g-funkster!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Playing with this now, I am really impressed. I'll be using this app a lot! One thing I'd love to see though is a simple "search" field to look up a movie or DVD, whether it's in theaters, on DVD, or an old film... is this in there and I'm just missing it?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    One thing I'd love to see though is a simple "search" field to look up a movie or DVD, whether it's in theaters, on DVD, or an old film... is this in there and I'm just missing it?
    I could put in a search field, but it would have to leave the program and show you the results in blazer, as they have no method of searching & retrieving results via their feeds
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    I could put in a search field, but it would have to leave the program and show you the results in blazer, as they have no method of searching & retrieving results via their feeds
    Bummer... but hey, that is still better than nothing... and a lot faster than navigating there via Blazer manually. I would appreciate it.
  12.    #12  
    Update: Ok, so as to not mess with the button layout, you'll now find a 'Search Rotten Tomatoes' entry at the end of every list. If you 'View' this entry, it will give you a text field where you can enter in a search query that will leave the program and take you to your results in Blazer.

cool beans!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Downloaded the update and off to install now. Thanks, g-funkster!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I thought that the treo 700P was Java-capable to begin with. But, I guess that's just the browser?

Anyway, I'd like to try out g-funkster's programs, but they give me an error message about Java being required.

So, where do we download Java from? I thought I may have gotten it from Palm back when the 600 or 650 came out, but I can't find it as a download for the 700.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I used the files for the 650, works fine on the 700.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by agn727
    So, where do we download Java from? I thought I may have gotten it from Palm back when the 600 or 650 came out, but I can't find it as a download for the 700.
    Follow the instructions I posted on the HourlyXCast thread, it's pretty simple
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thanks, guys. I used the files from the HourlyXCast thread and got all of g-funkster's programs up and running. Very slick and useful stuff!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I'm getting:
    Error:
    javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException:Host lookup failed:i.rottentomatoes.com - The operation timed out

HourlyXCast and TV2Nite work okay, though.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    I'm getting:
    Error:
    javax.microedition.io.ConnectionNotFoundException:Host lookup failed:i.rottentomatoes.com - The operation timed out

HourlyXCast and TV2Nite work okay, though.
    The rottentomatoes feeds or site might have been down at the moment, it's working fine for me now Please test again and let me know.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Now it just stays on "Downloading Data..." for, like, forever.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast