Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I'm trilaing t-mobile to see if their coverage in my house is better than Cingular's (it is by an order of magnitude so far).

I've found that I have to perform a warm reset (up+reset) every time I switch between cards in my Unlocked GSM 650 running 1.20-ENA.

If I don't, it won't receive calls or texts on the t-mobile side.

Also, despite the warm reset, the t-mob will not show the GPRS symbol even though tech-support said I was connected to the data network. Don't know if that's a bug or not.
    Read the manual.....or the Palm Site SIM replacement instructions....it says to turn off phone before swapping.

http://www.cingular.com/simtray
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I do turn off the radio before switching. That's the point.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Well, I can swap SIMs in my 650 without a reset.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    The sympton is that if I just turn off the radio and switch cards the GPRS settings don't get copied over from the SIM, e.g. I'll have the t-mobile card in and see the Cingular GPRS network profiles. I have to do the warm reset to flush them out so that I can get a data connection.

THe original sympton is that t-mobile won't ring or get inbound SMS if I don't warm reset.
    It could take 1-2 minutes to read the network settings.

I don't think you need to flush the Cingular settings, but go to network prefs and make sure to select T-Mobile Internet. If it's not there, then set it up and it should be available next time you swap cards.
    VisorDeluxe -> VisorPhone -> Treo180g -> Treo270 -> Treo600 -> Treo650 [GSM T-Mo]
    here locally, T-mobile uses cingular's towers. A reset is needed to get the correct tower information. This is not an issue under normal use.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.