1.    #1  
    I just picked up a 700P at the Sprint store in South Elgin, IL (a Chicago suburb).

Came back to the office, followed the software install instructions, tried to hotsync the phone by pressing the button on the USB cable and ... phone reboots. Try again... phone reboots.

Ack! Uninstall all software. Same problem.

Anybody else try to hotsync their new 700P yet?

BTW, my computer is a new Dell Latitude 820D, WinXP SP2.
    Did you by chance plug your Treo into your PC before you installed your software? HotSync installs its own USB driver but if you plug your Treo in first it actually matches to a different USB driver preventing the HotSync driver from being installed (at least this is what I recall happens, I'm a Mac person not a PC person.)

Alas, as a Mac person, I'm not sure how to fix this. Call support. I also may be totally wrong for this being the problem
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Weidl,

I am having this same issue with my 700p. What did you end up doing to solve this issue?

thanks,
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
  4.    #4  
    I did a full uninstall then re-installed. I also made sure I had uninstalled all previous versions of the Palm/Treo desktop software.

Eric
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    crap, I've done that as well. plus removed all reference to any palm related apps from my registry, as well as a hard reset of the treo before trying to sync. :-(
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx