1.    #1  
    I seem to send duplicate messages every time I send a New text message. Interestingly, when I go into an existing chat thread and send messages they do not duplicate.

For other reasons, I recently hard reset AND changed phones and that didn't affect it.

Can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by rbeaufor; 05/26/2006 at 06:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem...no help anywhere. I have Verizon, haven't found anything on website. May need to call Tech Support.
  3.    #3  
    I recently discovered that the two messages is actually only one. It depends (seemingly) solely on the length of the message and the tye of device receiving it. If I send to a pager that can take 100 characters and my message is 125, the first 100 go in the first message and the rest goes as a second message. The TREO shows 2 messages sent, but in actuality the reciient only received one fragmented message. Those who can receive the whole message at one time just get one message.

Thus I now curtail my texts to those whom I am not sure of the device to less than 100 characters and I no longer get the dulicates when I do this.
    Not sure if this was even the reason why, but it seems to be working for now...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Not the issue I am having...My 650 is sending two identical texts to non-verizon customers.