Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is how I see my purchase:
    $0 Price of 700p
    -0 Developer discount, i dont know how you guys get the $100
    -I would sale my 650 on ebay get twice as much then Palms trade in gives you.
    $350 ebay

so i made $350

Its nice to win the the treo 700p form work
    Quote Originally Posted by Networx2002
    This is how I see my purchase:
    $0 Price of 700p
    -0 Developer discount, i dont know how you guys get the $100
    -I would sale my 650 on ebay get twice as much then Palms trade in gives you.
    $350 ebay

so i made $350

Its nice to win the the treo 700p form work
    Good luck on that $350.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I'll be happy to get $225-$250 for my unlocked GSM 650 and its in excellent condition. With current eBay prices, I think I can manage $225 out of it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Well, I think I may have to muscle this with Sprint.
    I got my this way:
    -$100 Developer Discount
    -$100 Palm new mobile phone plan

Shipped for $449

-$150 Palm trade in program
    -$150 Sprint two year contract

Total:$149

Sweet deal, with only one problem. So far from what I'm reading there seems to be a problem with what I've done. I have already a Sprint Treo 650 and I thought that those Palm new mobile phone plan and two year contract discounts would apply to me, but there are people saying that it was only for new customers. WTF???? After I ordered I thought the only problem was on the 2 year contract rebate because I would probably get only $75 since I've been with sprint for 15 months.

Anyway do you guys think I will be able to transfer my current number from my Sprint Treo 650 to this new one without a problem? Or what could they say? From what you can see on Palm sites it doesn't say that this offer is for new customers only? and I don't mind getting a new plan and throwing my old one. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Al
    How do you become a developer to be able to get the discount?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Here's what I expect:

$399 with 2-year contract with Sprint minus hopefully around $225 for my 650 sold on eBay (the phone has some wear but not on the screen, and I'll probably sell it with a 1GB SD card, a beaten-up Vaja T65 case and a BT headset)

So final damage will hopefully be no more than $175...
    Of course, I will need to get a new case and a new SD card, so...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

lghitis - your too slow, cheerio...

You will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law now!!!

dvdmon - do you have insurance. pay $50 for a replacement, trash the old one, and then sell the brand new one that comes.

Okay everyone go ahead and bash me with the illegal and unethical BS. I know you guys used to get your free DirecTV, Bootleg DVDs and CDs, free cable tv, etc... The insurance claims can be filed even if your device doesn't work anymore. I'm sure his is on it's last leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I have talked to at least 10 sprint representatives or store employees this week. I knew their pricing, their plans, their incentives before I even called Sprint or went to their stores and concluded that the company representaives, online, in store or on any of their retention, customer care, sales dept are clueless or liars. Became so frustrated I decided to keep the TREO 650 and cut back my minutes to 200. Extended my contract and got $50 bucks in service credits. This makes my bill going forward $29.99 for 200 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends, $10 for unlimited pcs vision with unlimited picture mail and unlimiuted text messaging (grandfathered from 2001) and $6 for insurance. After a corporate discount of 23%, I will be paying about $37 bucks a month tax included for everything I need and still be able to use PDANet. Sure it would have been nice to have EVDO, and maybe the TV but it wasn't worth a bill that would have been $25-$30/month higher plus the outlay for the phone. A litlle jealous of you 700p people but I'll get over it. Besides, there is nothing that won't allow me to switch if I change my mind. That will probably be the 28th if the phones make it to the store. I'm pathetic.
    My Plan (Treo 650 soon to swith to 700p)
    SERO500 $30.00(included)
    1. Sprint Vision or Power Vision Included Free (Included)
    a. Transform your wireless experience from functional to fantastic with features and content that are very visual, extra entertaining, and perfectly personalized. Customers who choose a Power Vision(sm) or Sprint PCS Vision(sm) phone will also receive: - Unlimited Web access - Unlimited email and instant messaging - AOL, MSN and Yahoo - Unlimited Sprint PCS Picture Mail(sm) with Video Mail
    1. Ulimited Night & Weekend minutes
    2. Unlimited Mobile To Mobile Calling
    3. Unlimited Text Free (freebie i picked up )
    4. Insurance $6.00
    Total $36.00 - 23% employee discount
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    649 - 100 (developer) - 100 (new phone plan) = $449 from palm.

449 - 150 (sprint 2 year activation) = $299 final. I may sell my 700w or I may keep it. I just don't know yet.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    399.00 with Sprints Retention price match...
    Sero Plan with everything free including text...
    Sell my 650 for about 150 if possible...
    399.00 - 150.00 = 249.00

My Sero plan alone pays for this in savings...
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    399.00 with Sprints Retention price match...
    Sero Plan with everything free including text...
    Sell my 650 for about 150 if possible...
    399.00 - 150.00 = 249.00

My Sero plan alone pays for this in savings...
    You've actually been able to get Retention to talk to you about the phone? I've called about 5 times, and been told each time, "well, we don't know what the deals on the phone are gonna be and we don't know if we can price match at this point, but telesales may be able to. " sigh...
    I posted this on another thread but it fits better here.

My Dad just stunned me.
    He said he just got off the phone with Sprint and ordered the 700P.
    Then he says, "Guess how much it cost?"
    I say, "$500, $600?"
    He says, "$250"
    I'm like, "What?"
    He didn't say why the rep gave him that price. He's been with Sprint for about 8 years and he's only 1 year into a 2-year contract.
    He did say he had to sign a new 2-year deal. And they're throwing in a free car charger.
    I asked when it's shipping and he said the rep told him Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Man, I'm jealous.
    I thought he was going to get a 650 since the price is coming down (BTW, Sprint rep said the 650 is over as of June 11).
    Now, I'm pondering a 700p but I'm on VZW and barely halfway in my 2-year contract with my 650.
    Hmm.
    $649 - $300 discount from retentions (due to a tragically irreparable 650) = $349.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    You've actually been able to get Retention to talk to you about the phone? I've called about 5 times, and been told each time, "well, we don't know what the deals on the phone are gonna be and we don't know if we can price match at this point, but telesales may be able to. " sigh...
    I called last night about midnight and got a really nice woman on the phone... they looked up the phone and said that it would be available either the 28th or 29th... I explained to her the pricing of other companies and being that I've been with them for 8 years, I would love the same kind of deal. She said no proplem... so I will get the phone at 399.00 price match... she also gave me free text for the hell of it because I was really cool to her on the phone and we were even jokling around a bit...

Bottom line is, you will get more from retentions if you are really cool with them. People call up pissed off and wanting to cancel and yell and demand stuff, that will get you some kind of deal, but if you treat them like human beings and understand how hard it is dealing with so many different people on the phone, they will appreciate that and hook you up bigtime... The deal I have now with the 700p and my SERo account and the overall customer service I have received is why I will always be with Sprint...
    649-100 instant - 100 developer = $649 plus the free 1gb SD from Palm

$150 for new 2 year contract from Sprint

Plan on getting $225 for my unlocked 650 GSM on ebay.

~$75 overall
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I'm actually being paid to get a 700P. :-)

(-) $549 - developer discount
    (+) $599 - "secret sauce"
    (+) $200 - retention credit
    (+) $150 - ebay or trade in (min)

So I'm ahead $400 bucks without even breaking a sweat.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by tcc
    What?! When I called Palm, they said you couldn't combine the $100 developer discount with the $-150 trade-in program! I wonder what gives...

I never heard that; I got the shipping label printed. I may have to pay for the return shipping if they are not honoring that. That should not be related. A rep this morning is going to see if he can add on the 1 gig card and send it separatedly. Hope so!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    I never heard that; I got the shipping label printed. I may have to pay for the return shipping if they are not honoring that. That should not be related. A rep this morning is going to see if he can add on the 1 gig card and send it separatedly. Hope so!

Palm is more generous this time. Last time they only gave us the BT headset which was cheap. But now we have the SD (cheap for them though) and the trade in offer of $150. That's better
    Can you get the $150 trade in if you buy the phone from Sprint directly? If you buy the phone with Palm, can you get the $75 upgrade credit thru Sprint? how can I get both to knock the price off $225?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast