Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
  1.    #1  
    just wondering if anyone who already subscribes to this service(mlb.com audio/video) and has a password and username has tried to do it from a 700p.if i could watch or listen to all mlb games like on my pc....wow!!!!
  2. mitemom's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #2  
    I'm quite curious about this as well.

    Someone please try!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    I'm quite curious about this as well.

    Someone please try!
    Do it now! Try streaming MLB.com audio on the Treo!
  4. #4  
    Any luck with streming mlb.com audio on the 700p? How about video from mlb.tv?
  5. #5  
    I'd love to help, but I'm not a subscriber. Is there some free link that I could click on to test?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    I'd love to help, but I'm not a subscriber. Is there some free link that I could click on to test?

    In the bottom right hand corner of this page, there is a link to "watch a free sample of mlb.tv"

    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/su...ions/mlbtv.jsp

    I don't see a link for test audio yet, but I will keep looking.
  7. cdd543's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    #7  
    Blazer takes you to a mobile version of the page so even the free video is not available. Bummer. Any way to make blazer appear to be a regular browser?
  8. #8  
    I did a quick and it didn't work. Here's what I did.

    I went to the site above and clicked the free video. Then I opened the video in Windows Media Player. I clicked on File -> Properties and emailed the URL to my phone. When I tried to open the URL, Blazer said, "Unknown URL:" and then listed the URL.

    Here, by the way, is the URL I used:
    mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akam...duct=gen_video

    You can reach it by tinyURL too:
    http://tinyurl.com/pudku

    I hope this moves the conversation forward.
  9. #9  
    How about mlb audio? Anyone with an account try yet?
  10. #10  
    Anybody ever get either MLB audio or video to work?
  11. #11  
    I got the video link to work fine (mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2005/open/tv_free/041105_colari_tv_350.wmv?media_type=wms&av_type=video&event_pk=undefined&product=gen_video) on my Verizon 700p, I did experience a Not enough Bandwidth error, however thats probably because I am where I am.

    When I head downtown (San Francisco) Ill try again. Other than the bandwith error, which lasted for about 10 seconds, It played and played great however because I was low on bandwidth it was choppy and rough at times. It would be same to assume that the Audio would work flawlessly.
  12. cresny's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #12  
    I tried this in NYC and got choppy video, actually a series of still shots. After playing with MLB options on my laptop w/cable modem, i noticed that if I set the bandwidth to anything under 768 I get the same results. So it looks like MLB just has one stream (350-400k) which they hack down for lower bw, < 768 = stills, < 128 = audio only. So even if there is a way to handle authentication (the stream above is a free one from last year) direct MLB video does not look promising to me for the 700P. I would guess that the best approach would be to second-hand stream it from PC with shoutcast or something.
  13. mitemom's Avatar
    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #13  
    I got around the Moble MLB site issue by typing the URL directly. I can log in and get to the page that lists all the game available, but clicking the "TV" icon for each game just brings a blank screen. The audio didn't work either. SIGH!

    If the link above worked and it is from last year, keep in mind they used a different streaming interface last year.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    I got around the Moble MLB site issue by typing the URL directly. I can log in and get to the page that lists all the game available, but clicking the "TV" icon for each game just brings a blank screen. The audio didn't work either. SIGH!

    If the link above worked and it is from last year, keep in mind they used a different streaming interface last year.
    Did you try the audio only?
  15. #15  
    Has anyone been able to stream MLB Audio yet?
  16. #16  
    As an alternative, I'm going to try listening to a game by listening to the radio station directly. www.thestreamcenter.com/pda has feeds from many radio stations across the country so I guess I'll give that a try. Not as easy as MLB.com but it's free.
  17. #17  
    In my area, at least (Boston), MLB blacks out the radio stations' Internet Feed during games. Only way to listen in via over the air radio or mlb.com. (which I have not been able to do on blazer after a few attempts).

    One thing I haven't tried yet is to log into mlb radio on a PC and copy the URL directly from a full browser / Win Media Player to Blazer. But if we have access to a full size PC / laptop, there's no need to use blazer!!

    Another option one might be able to rig up is to use a standard radio as input to a pc at home which is streaming via shoutcast or use remote access to log into mlb radio at home and stream via shoutcast. Again, I haven't had enough time to try these options.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj
    In my area, at least (Boston), MLB blacks out the radio stations' Internet Feed during games. Only way to listen in via over the air radio or mlb.com. (which I have not been able to do on blazer after a few attempts).

    One thing I haven't tried yet is to log into mlb radio on a PC and copy the URL directly from a full browser / Win Media Player to Blazer. But if we have access to a full size PC / laptop, there's no need to use blazer!!

    Another option one might be able to rig up is to use a standard radio as input to a pc at home which is streaming via shoutcast or use remote access to log into mlb radio at home and stream via shoutcast. Again, I haven't had enough time to try these options.
    Yeah, I am also in Boston and all stations are blacked out during game time. I went through each of the new england stations listed on thestreamchannel.com and all were blacked out during the game.
  19. Hanuman's Avatar
    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    #19  
    the stream center worked for me! I was able to shoutcast WFAN and listen to the Mets kick Phillies butts! I love the 700P more and more!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
  20. slthree's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman
    the stream center worked for me! I was able to shoutcast WFAN and listen to the Mets kick Phillies butts! I love the 700P more and more!
    What is "the stream center"? And how can I get WFAN on my 700p? I could not find it on shoutcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions