Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I don't think this feature has been fully implemented yet aince Sprint announced it only a week ago. Wait until next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by treodub
    I don't think this feature has been fully implemented yet aince Sprint announced it only a week ago. Wait until next month.
    Perhaps. But, according to Sprintusers.com it is working for non-Treo phones.
    Here's what I got from the Sprint marketing rep regarding why Treo users cannot get mlb audio:

"Unfortunately, MLB Gameday Audio is currently not available on a Treo 700. It requires a Java-enabled device and currently none of the PDA-phones have Java. I’ve been told, because we’ve received several requests similar to yours, that they are working on finding a solution, but I don’t have any definitive information for if/when that will be available.

I would suggest checking www.sprint.com periodically for updates. We have a similar issue for a separate service we offer called NFL Mobile – so please know that it is something we are trying to get added.

My sincere apologies that Gameday Audio isn’t yet available on your Treo. Please let me know if you have any further questions and thanks for your inquiry."
    UGGHH! I wish Sprint would get their message straight, because Palm offers a free java environment download that you can install on your treo.

If its code related, then say so. Otherwise, it just makes Sprint look dumb.

Sure wish I could find the right person at Sprint Nextel to talk about this issue to get the true answer on why it no workie...
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    WARNING: If you've tried to subscribe, you'll likely get a message that says the service isn't available on "this device," that is, the (very expensive) Treo. In addition to the usual frustrations, be warned that a $5.99 charge may show up on your Sprint bill, even though the service isn't available. I was charged the $5.99 and had to spend a half-hour on the phone with Sprint getting it fixed (because Sprint and MLB play off against each other, with each saying it's the other's responsibility, etc.)
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-rod View Post
    WARNING: If you've tried to subscribe, you'll likely get a message that says the service isn't available on "this device," that is, the (very expensive) Treo. In addition to the usual frustrations, be warned that a $5.99 charge may show up on your Sprint bill, even though the service isn't available. I was charged the $5.99 and had to spend a half-hour on the phone with Sprint getting it fixed (because Sprint and MLB play off against each other, with each saying it's the other's responsibility, etc.)
    Thanks B-rod! I was also charged and probably would have never realized it. And like you, I had to spend a half hour (at least) on the phone with Sprint to receive a credit. Now that's customer service at its finest!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123