1.    #1  
    whats a good back up program to back up all apps and etc... and does all of them back up the serial codes for the programs that i currently have?? so i dont have to enter it again after restoring it?? just asking because i droped my phone literaly a foot off the floor and the screen cracked and the insurance phone is coming soon hehe at least no more scraches.. hehe .... thank u!
    Check out Resco Backup or Resco Explorer, or BackupBuddy. Go to the TreoCentral shop, they should have them or Handango I think should...
    I use Resco Backup and like it. I've restored individual apps (after manually deleting them) using it and did not need to re-enter the registration code. BUT -

I did have to re-enter all the registration codes when I did a hard reset. So I'm not sure how the registration data is stored and if it gets backed up.

You may have to re-enter that data if you restore to a new phone.

Which is why I have all of my Palm app registration confirmation emails stored in their own folder in Outlook. It saved a lot of time searching for the info.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    actually, I forgot about PrefDoctor!!!! It saves all preferences and has saved me quite a few times... Even after a reset it will make sure prefs are restored... I think PrefDoctor and Resco Backup is a very solid way to go. There's also OnGuard Backup that works on a program by program basis and comes with the Uninstall Manager set... That's also a good idea...
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    i like backup buddy.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    nvbackup & its free
    Treoing & Loving it
    I've used BackupMan for years now. I've never had to re-enter ANYTHING after restoring after a hard reset. It just brings my 650 back to the exact state it was in when backed up.
    resco backup... it backs up my phone every night automatically.

you can restore savedpreferences and unsaved preferences to get back you programs serial #s
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I also use BackupManager to backup nightly to the SD card and BackupBuddy to sync to the laptop - I use the release that lets you also backup the card. Ben
    The improved NVBackup is free and getting close to perfection, Inner Backup is free too...
  11.    #12  
    thanks all of u guys!!!! great help!